Archive for the ‘
Must Read ’ Category
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Update: I signed up for Reading Eggs this morning and my son has been having a blast with it for the last hour. Definitely a hit with my 4 1/2 year old!
Get a free 2 week subscription to Reading Eggs, an online reading program for kids. No credit card is required to sign up for the free subscription.
- Over 500 interactive games, motivating rewards and songs
- One-on-one lessons that match your child’s ability
- Detailed assessment reports included for monitoring progress
- Suitable for children aged 3 – 12 years
Friday, May 17th, 2013
Featured on Good Morning America and Google Play, Ibotta is a fun and easy way to earn each time you go to the store. Here’s how it works.
1. Sign up for Ibotta and download the app
2. Before you shop, choose your favorite products and complete the tasks; the more you complete, the more cash you’ll earn.
3. Buy your chosen products at over 41+ retailers where Ibotta works like Target, Walmart, CVS and your favorite grocery stores.
4. Verify your purchases by uploading a photo of your receipt and scanning the product’s barcode.
5. When you are ready to cash out, you can transfer the money you’ve earned to your Paypal account.
Ibotta adds new product offers all the time. The more you use it, the better and more personalized your offers become.
I don’t have a smartphone right now so I can’t try it out myself, but one of my friends uses this app and loves it. She said it is super simple to use and has been a relatively easy way to earn a little extra money.
You might also like Saving Star e-coupons- another easy way to save!
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Do you have textbooks or other books lying around that you no longer need? Cash4Books will buy your used books from you and even pay your shipping costs. And even better you can earn a 10% bonus on your buyback total when you sell at least $15 worth of books and use bonus code ThriftyFrugalMom! (Offer valid through June 30, 2013.)
Enter your book information and instantly get a price quote to see how much money you will make. If you choose to sell your books, payments will be made via check or Paypal.
DETAILS ABOUT CASH4BOOKS:
- Quick and easy to use. It usually takes less than 5 minutes to create an order.
- Fast payment- will issue payment within 1 business day of receiving the books. Offer a PayPal payment option and cover all the associated fees.
- Free shipping.
- Excellent service. Cash4Books has a toll free number (1-877-243-5935) and customers can talk to an actual human. Customers can also check the status of their orders at any time and will be sent emails letting them know when their books are received and when their payment will be issued.
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Looking to save money and cut down on waste? Groupon is offering a $30 voucher for Re-Pac bags for just $15! Re-Pac bags come in three sizes. A small, 7″x4″ bag ($6.95) can hold a small item or a snack, and a medium, 7″x6″ bag ($7.95) is the right size to stow sandwiches. Place a towel or other large load into a gallon-size bag ($9.95).
I learned about this deal from my friend Maria. This is what she posted on Facebook:
Eco-friendly, reusable Re-Pac Bags protect food, toiletries, and other items within confines that repel mildew and mold. Vibrant colors and patterns add touches of style to their tightly woven nylon liners, zippers, and polyester outsides, which have been rated safe for food by a third-party lab. The sacks range in volume from 7″x4″ bags (about the size of a pair of sunglasses) all the way up to a gallon-size bag ideal for carrying toiletries or the world’s largest gumdrop.
The company, which was started by a nurse and her mother, manufactures all its bags within the United States. It also backs each product with a lifetime warranty, which guarantees the bags stay safe during countless trips through the washing machine or the inter-dimensional wormhole in the dishwasher.
THE FINE PRINT
- Groupon expires Nov 13, 2013
- Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per transaction.
- Extra fee for shipping.
- Cannot combine with other offers and coupons.
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013
There are some new Saving Star coupons available. Click the links below to load them to your store cards now before they get sold out. (Find out how Saving Star works.)
I love Saving Star coupons because they can be used along with other manufacturer or store coupons enabling you to get an even better deal! And all that you have to do is virtually “clip” them and then when you use your store rewards card the coupon will be applied to any item that you clipped a coupon for.
This $5/$25 Venus, Pantene and Olay and the $5/$30 Charmin, Ivory and Gillette coupons are amazing. There are always lots of printable coupons available for these products too so you should be able to get an awesome deal. Plus, the items can be purchased in multiple transactions which makes it even easier to save more. So for instance, if Pantene is on sale one week and you buy a bottle and then the next week Venus razors are a great deal and you buy one, both items will go towards your Saving Star e-coupon!