Friday, July 11th, 2014
Yay! SavingStar is now working at even more stores including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Dollar General and Family Dollar!
To add these stores simply log into or create your SavingStar account. Go to My Account and click on the “Stores” tab, then enter your zip code to see what stores are available in your area.
To redeem offers for these stores, scan your receipts and submit them using the SavingStar app for iPhone and Android.
In the dark? Learn all about SavingStar here!
Add a Comment
Monday, July 7th, 2014
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster, Checkout 51 and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
It was a good week filled with the usual daily things and ending with a trip to Maryland to visit my parents and spend time with my family over the weekend! It was so good to be “home” again. I was especially grateful to get to visit my grandparents again. They are 90 & 91 (and have been married 70 yrs!) and I treasure every time I get to see them since I know we most likely won’t have them around for much longer. It’s always so fun to see them light up when they see our children. What is it about kids that just bring old people to life again?
As far as shopping goes, I didn’t do a whole lot. I was just in the mood for a slower week. In fact, there were some really good deals at Rite Aid but I just didn’t feel like going so I skipped them! It’s kind of nice to do that sometimes.
My favorite buys:
* $0.99 Utz potato chips
* Cherries for $1.99/lb.
* 8 pk. batteries for $1.99
Total Spent: $38.11
Total Saved with Coupons: $7.24
Total Saved with Sales: $14.80
Total Saved: $22.04
Saved with Coupons: $5.24
Saved with Sales: $10.20
I actually went to CVS because they had a good diaper deal but unfortunately they were totally out of the size 3 diapers that were included in the sale and since that is the only size I really need right now I just ended up getting a rain check for them. While I was there I noticed that Blue Diamond almonds were on sale for a good price and so I grabbed a couple of bags. We enjoy them on salads and for the occasional snack. I was also thinking ahead a bit when I bought them. We’re hoping to go on a week long trip in August and one of the ways that we cut vacation costs is to take along most of our food. I figured these almonds would be a great, healthy snack for then too!
I also spied CVS brand batteries for $1.99 after coupons and sales. I usually buy our batteries on Amazon and pay for them with gift cards earned through Swagbucks but since we were almost out of AA batteries, I figured I might as well get them now.
And the Pepsi? It was just $0.50 after coupons/sales and since we were heading to my parent’s for the weekend I figured I’d grab it for my mom since I know she loves her Pepsi.
- Pepsi $0.99
- 2 Blue Diamond Almonds $5.49 each
- CVS batteries $5.99
- $0.24 Pepsi CVS printable coupon (received at Red Coupon Machine in the store)
- $5.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $0.25 via Checkout 51 for purchasing the Pepsi
- $4.00 in Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the CVS batteries (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $2.00
Saved with Sales: $4.60
I was tempted to skip Giant this week since the deals were pretty much non-existent. But unfortunately I was almost out of flour again and so I kind of needed to get some. I also grabbed two bags of chips while I was there as well since they only $0.99.
- 2 Utz Chips $1.99
- Gold Medal Flour $2.99
- Two $0.75 Utz printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
I did usual stock up trip to Aldi and got my typical Aldi items. I also grabbed two packs of cherries while I was there because they had them on sale. We went to my parents for the weekend and I took them along there since I knew my Dad would really enjoy them!
Great produce deals are just one of the 6 reasons that I love to shop at Aldi!
- 4 Tortillas $1.19 each
- Cashew Halves $2.59
- 2 Black Beans $0.59
- Canola Oil $2.49
- 2 Cherries $1.99 each
- 5 lb. Red Potatoes $3.49
- Corn Chips $0.89
We had a Walmart gift card given to us a couple of months ago and I finally got around to using some of it. I needed nursing pads and decided to grab some while I was there. Unfortunately they don’t carry my favorite brand so I decided to try the Nuk ones. Just in case you are wondering, I wouldn’t recommend them. They are super thin and I’m finding them rather frustrating! (And yes, I know it says Ultra Thin right on the box. I guess I just figured they still might be decent. I was wrong!)
We’ve also been needing packing tape and small light bulbs so I grabbed them too.
- Nursing Pads $5.97
- Light Bulbs $1.78
- Packing Tape $3.24
* I used grocery cash to pay $9 for a ½ gallon of Fuller Brush Fulsol Degreaser. My mom sells it and allowed me to just buy half a gallon from her. This degreaser is absolutely amazing! It takes care of grease like nothing else and the awesome thing is, you only need a tiny little bit to get the job done so it last for pretty much forever. (That’s why I only felt like buying a ½ gallon right now.) I use it to clean anything that gets greasy, including clothes.
* I also used grocery cash to buy 3 heads of lettuce at our local farmer’s market for $6.25. I took one of the head to my parents place to make a salad there, the rest we will enjoy.
* I bought a ½ bushel of green beans from a local produce farm for $7.00. They were some of the nicest beans I’ve seen! We ate probably about 2 qts. just fresh, used some in this Cheesy Ham, Potato & Green Bean Casserole and I froze 9 qts.
* My mom -in-law generously shared some of the last of the strawberries from their patch with us! I was so happy because I had wanted to get some more but just wasn’t getting to the local stands to buy some. We enjoyed them with shortcake, ate a bunch plain and I also made a Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake with them too.
Add a Comment
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
Through July 6, Cents of Style is running a sale and you can get 60% off all home decor items plus free shipping when you use coupon code HOMEDEAL at checkout!
Here are a few of the bargains you can get:
* Cotton Pillow Covers- $13.18 shipped
There are a lot of different colors and styles to choose from. Putting new covers on your current pillows is a great, inexpensive way to give your home a fresh new look.
* Wooden Numbers- $9.98 shipped
These fun number are available in 10 different colors!
* Rod Iron Name Hooks- $6.78 shipped
Perfect for a mud room or bathroom!
* Liscense Plate Sign- $9.98 shipped
So fun and quirky!
* Letter & Number Tile Magnes- $3.58 shipped
Includes: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z as well as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, @, !, ?, heart. What a fun way to decorate your fridge! You could also use them to help your child learn their letters or words.
* Vintage Style Clocks- $13.98 shipped
What a lovely way to tell the time!
Add a Comment
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014
Please note: Amazon prices can change at any time so please double check your price before purchasing!
Whohoo! I just happened to notice that the Huggies wipes deal is back.
If you are wanting to stock up on wipes, Amazon has an awesome price right now. You can get a 648 ct. box of Huggies Simply Clean wipes for just $10.97 (that’s just $0.017/wipe). In case you are wondering, that’s like paying $1.22 for a 72 ct. pack of wipes!
(If you are an Amazon Mom, there is also a $2.00 coupon that you can clip making your cost even less!)
Here’s how to get the deal:
1. Add to Huggies Simply Clean Baby Wipes, Refill, 648 Count your cart. (Clip the $2 coupon if applicable.)
2. If you want free shipping, add another $24.03 worth of qualifying items to your cart. Of course if you have Amazon Prime your shipping will be free already.
3. Pay for your purchase and wait for it to arrive at your door!
Stocking up when there are great deals like this is one of the 7 ways that I use to save on diapers and wipes. It really does help stretch our budget!
Add a Comment
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014
You can currently get a $45 voucher for Picaboo for just $15! Picaboo is a high quality photo personalization website where you can order photos, photo books, phone & tablet cases, canvas prints, calendars, cards, photo panels and posters.
Get your $45 Picaboo voucher for just $15 here!
Voucher Fine print:
Add a Comment
- Valid towards all products; Photo Books, Phone & Tablet Cases, Canvas Prints, Calendars, Cards, Photo Panels, Posters and Prints.
- If your order subtotal exceeds $45.00, you will simply pay the difference upon checkout.
- Voucher may be redeemed across multiple orders.
- Not valid for Picaboo Yearbooks.
- Customer can purchase an unlimited number of vouchers.
- Vouchers cannot be combined (limit 1 voucher per order).
- Vouchers cannot be combined with other discounts, coupons or promotions.
- The promotional value of the voucher ($30.00) expires on November 6, 2014.
- The paid value of the voucher ($15.00) does not expire.
- Tax and shipping not included. Shipping will vary depending on product.