Archive for the ‘
Miscellaneous ’ Category
Sunday, May 13th, 2012
I just wanted to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to all you moms. As my husband often tells me, “You are doing the most important job in the whole world.” I know it is hard to remember that sometimes when the laundry is piled to the ceiling, the floor is scattered wild with toys and you have little people hanging onto you always wanting something. But I do truly believe that loving and caring for our children is one of the most important things we will ever do. We have the power, in many ways, to make or break them and it is only with God’s help that we can do it well!
I hope you all can enjoy today and take at least a little bit of time to celebrate the fact that you have the privilege of being a mom.
Monday, May 7th, 2012
Do you collect Box Tops for your child’s school? We don’t have any children in school but I love collecting them for the private school our church operates. It’s such a simple way to help out a bit.
Click on the banner above to create an account at the Box Tops for Education website. From there you’ll be able to print exclusive coupons, see your school’s goal for the year and how much they’ve saved so far, earn Box Tops when you shop online and more.
In my opinion, the coupons alone are amazing. Here’s a sample of the coupons available this month:
* $0.60/1 Original Cheerios Cereal
* $0.60/1 Reese’s Puffs Cereal
* $0.60/2 when you buy TWO BOXES any flavor/variety Betty Crocker® Fruit Shapes, Fruit by the Foot®, Fruit Gushers®
* $1.10/2 when you buy any TWO BOXES General Mills cereals listed: Boo Berry® • Cinnamon Toast Crunch® • Cocoa Puffs® (any)
* $0.75 on any ONE (1) pound of LAND O LAKES® Half Stick Butter Products
- if you have a store that doubles coupons you should be able to get a great deal on butter with this coupon
Thursday, December 22nd, 2011
* A “Ruler” for Marking Childrens Heights
This is a great way to keep record of your kid’s height…and you can move it with you from house to house!
* Consumable Christmas Gifts
Rebekah has some great ideas on giving consumable Christmas gifts. I really need to do more of those kinds of gifts.
* Fabric Roads
Now THIS is such a neat idea- not to mention something that someone like me who is not one bit “crafty” could pull off! And if you need some jeans I’m sure you could find some really cheap at Goodwill.
* Will I Really Miss This?
This post was just what I needed the other day when I was feeling like my son was trying my patience severely. I just thought some of you other moms might be blessed by it as well.
* 10 Ways to Wrap Gift Cards with Stuff You Already Have
I love some of the creative ways that Rebekah gives to make giving a gift card a bit more fun…or at least look nicer!
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011
I have my Christmas gifts all wrapped but I keep coming across all these creative ideas and so I thought I’d share them with you. Be inspired!
* Recycled Bread Tag Snowmen
If only I was craftier I would make these cute little fellows to go on the bags of cookies I give to neighbors and friends.
* Love the simplicity of these stamped brown paper packages
* Love this look. And what a great way to use up newspaper!
* Skip the gift tags and just put the name right on the wrapping paper!
* Isn’t this fun? I’m thinking Christmas colors would creative a festive look!
* Again simple but oh so sweet.
Thursday, November 24th, 2011
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. – Psalm 106:1
This Thanksgiving I’m thankful for:
* A warm, cozy house to live in
* A wonderful, committed husband
* A healthy, energetic son (well, I TRY to be thankful for all that energy!)
* The hopes of a healthy baby in the next couple of weeks
* Good health
* Financial blessings
* God’s grace during this last year as we faced the grief of losing our newborn daughter
What are you all thankful for? I’d love if you’d share!