Recipe: Easy Caramel Frappe
I am a sucker for beverages, especially coffee beverages. But since I believe that homemade is usually better and since I’m frugal and hate parting with $4 every time I want to quench my craving, I’ve been on a mission to figure out how to make my own homemade coffee drinks that mimic the ones I love at restaurants.
I have an iced coffee recipe that I really like but just couldn’t come up with a homemade frappe that I truly loved. In my opinion the thing that puts this frappe a notch above other recipes that I’ve tried is the fact that it uses frozen coffee ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes. When you use regular ice cubes to get that slushy frappe texture, it just ends up making it too watery and weak. But by using coffee ice cubes, it keeps the coffee flavor nice and strong, the way it should be!
This recipe makes a very thick frappe. If you want it a bit thinner add more milk or brewed coffee. And if you think the coffee flavor should be stronger, feel free to sprinkle in a bit of instant coffee!
- 1 cup strong coffee, frozen into cubes*
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- whipped cream and caramel syrup for top
- Place all ingredients except whipped cream in blender. Blend until ice cubes are crushed. If you have trouble getting it thoroughly blended, let it sit for a couple of minutes and try again.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel syrup.
Recipe slightly adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More.
You also might enjoy these recipes:
Add a Comment