Weekly Spending Summary (7/20-7/26)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster, Checkout 51 and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
* Free Dial body wash
* Free Dial bar soap
* Free Honest organic tea
* Free Jones All Natural sausage
* Diapers for approx. $3.50/pack
Total Spent: $106.01
Total Saved with Coupons: $10.56
Total Saved with Sales: $19.06
Total Saved: $29.62
Saved with Coupons: $7.06
Saved with Sales: $5.80
Missing on photo: Snickers bar
It was a good week at CVS- everything I bought there was either free or better than free! I got the Dial body wash and bar soap both for free after coupons/sales/Ibotta rebates. Love all the soap I’ve been able to get for free lately! Oh and the Honest tea was actually a money maker of $0.63. Obviously not going to complain about that!
- 2 Dial body wash $3.00 each
- 2 Dial bar soaps $2.00 each
- Snickers $0.77
- Paper Towels $0.79
- Honest Tea $1.87
- $2/2 Dial body wash printable coupon
- $1/2 Dial bar soap printable coupon
- Free Snickers product coupon from Facebook promotion ($0.77)
- Free Paper Towels coupon from Red Coupon Machine in CVS ($0.79)
- $1.00 Honest Tea CVS printable coupon
- $1.50 Honest Tea printable coupon
- $2.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.00 in Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Dial body wash (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $2.00 in Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Dial bar soap (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 via Ibotta for purchasing the Dial body wash
- $1.00 via Ibotta for purchasing the Dial bar soap
- $1.00 via Ibotta for redeeming and offer in July (this was a bonus offer that they gave)
Saved with Coupons: $3.50
Saved with Sales: $13.26
I got some good deals at Giant this week but they were mostly thanks to rain checks. The deals have been pretty slim there lately and I’m hoping it’s just a temporary thing. Often in the summer the deals kind of slow down so this isn’t totally unusual. But I don’t remember it being quite this bad other years so it makes me wonder if it’s more than just a summer slump. The good side is that I’m enjoying a break from deal shopping which I had been planning to do anyhow.
After sales and gas rewards the Jones sausage was a money maker of $0.38 and the Revlon implements were a money maker of $4.45. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that we love the Jones All Natural sausage. I’ve gotten quite a bit of if free this year and we’ve been enjoying it in breakfast sandwiches, breakfast wraps and just as a side with eggs too. It really helps make a quick easy lunch or dinner. (We tend to eat baked oatmeal or homemade granola for breakfast and enjoy hot breakfast food for our other meals.)
(If you aren’t familiar with how the gas deals work, basically you earn so much off a gallon of gas when you purchase a certain number of specific items. This time I earned $0.90 off a gallon, up to 25 gallons of gas, for purchasing the Jones and Revlon.)
The Pampers wipes were jut $0.99 each after coupons/sales. I try to not pay more than $1 a pack for wipes and can usually pretty easily find them for that price. The Honest tea was a money maker of $0.50 after a coupon. I usually buy my potatoes at Aldi because I love that place, but I have trouble with their potatoes spoiling on me really fast in the summer. So I decided it’s worth spending more to buy them elsewhere until fall which is why I bought these here this week.
And the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar? You very likely are wondering why I’d pay so much for vinegar. Well, this is no ordinary vinegar. It’s vinegar with the “mother”, which is basically beneficial bacteria that is a result of the fermenting process and it’s considered to be very healthy. I’ve used a splash of Bragg’s ACV in my Homemade Mexican Dressing and several other recipes for a long time and more recently I’ve started to enjoy Good Girl Moonshine, a drink that I shockingly think is rather good. (My husband who is usually the one to like those sorts of things declared it terrible tasting but for some reason I like it and actually get thirsty for it!) Anyway, all that to say that I’ve decided it is worth spending more for this expensive vinegar that I was getting very low on. I typically purchase it from Vitacost or Amazon (and pay for it with gift cards earned through Swagbucks) but since I didn’t need anything else from Vitacost (and therefore couldn’t qualify for free shipping) and since I had just used all my Amazon gift cards on another purchase I decided to go ahead and get my Bragg’s ACV from Giant this time. In the end, I think it was about the same price or cheaper than if I had ordered it online and had to pay for shipping.
- 7 Jones All Natural Sausage $1.66 each
(bought with rain check)
- 4 Revlon nail clippers $0.29 each
(bought with rain check)
- Revlon tweezers $4.39
(bought with rain check)
- 2 Pampers wipes $1.99 each
- 5 lb. Red Potatoes $4.99
- Honest Tea $1.25
- Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar $6.29
- Two $0.50 Pampers printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $1.50 Honest tea printable coupon
- $12.50 in gas rewards savings for purchasing the Jones sausage
- $10.00 in gas rewards savings for purchasing the Revlon
Just another week at Aldi…. Not much to mention here other than seeing those 5 cans of beans makes me think I should recommend trying them on salad if you haven’t already. It’s the new favorite salad topping around here.
- Heavy Whipping Cream $1.79
- 3 lb. Apples $3.69
- Spinach $1.79
- 5 Black Beans $0.59
- Almond Milk $2.49
- Chips $1.79
- 2 Mushrooms $0.69 each
- Cheese Wedges $1.29
I did this awesome diaper deal at Target. (You can do a similar deal this week. You’ll get the $10 gift card as well as $10 off when you choose in store pick up!) I just haven’t been able to convince myself that cloth diapers are worth it so getting deals like this on disposable ones makes me happy.
* Withdrew $10 cash from our checking account to use to buy milk at a local dairy.
* Got 3 more tomatoes from our little garden.Add a Comment