8 Things that I’m Loving Right Now (June)
Here are the things I’m loving this month…..
1. I’m a sucker for yummy beverages, but unfortunately most good drinks are pretty heavy on the sugar. I first heard about stevia through a blogging friend several years ago, and while I loved that it was zero calories, I was a bit skeptical. Plus it was pretty pricy!
But last year I finally broke down and used an Amazon gift card that I earned through Swagbucks to by some. And guess what….I love it! I primarily use it in my beverages and while it does taste a tad different, most times I don’t notice it. If I do mind the taste too much in something, I’ll use some regular sugar and sub stevia for the rest and then I don’t notice it at all, but I get to enjoy not sipping all the calories!
I know there are lots of different stevia brands, but I’ve only ever tried the NOW brand powder and that’s what I love. I’ve heard that most other brands aren’t nearly as good.
2. This Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake is a.m.a.z.i.n.g! It’s so incredibly moist and well, just delicious. I made a few change: I used 1 c. whole wheat flour and 1 ½ c. white flour, used 1 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. brown sugar. I also baked it in a 9×13 (because I don’t have a bundt pan) at the same temp but only for 45 min. The glaze is really good but you could easily skip it (and the calories) and it would still be very tasty!
3. Love this reminder (it’s actually a free printable!)….I’m never going to be a perfect mom but I can do lots of things to be a good one!
4. Trying to simplify life and pare down your wardrobe? I came across this simple tip that makes it super easy to see just what clothes you actually wear and which ones never get use. Pretty nice, right?
5. We eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit in the summer and I love, love, love my Tupperware FridgeSmarts! They keep produce nice for so much longer than just a regular container. I often have lettuce in one for several weeks without it getting nasty. And I had fresh picked strawberries in one for over a week and they were still as nice as the day I put them in there! I know mine have paid for themselves just because I throw a lot less produce out due to it spoiling.
6. I was just realizing again lately how much I love having a wireless printer. I was up on our third floor printing something from my husband’s laptop and remembered how I used to have to run down to the 1st floor, plug in the computer to the printer, print my document and then have to run up to the 3rd floor again to put the laptop away. The convenience of our wireless printer has been worth every single penny! And I highly recommend the one we have: Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex.
7. Just today I planted some flowers in pots and used this helpful tip. It was an easy fix to a problem that had long bothered me!
8. And finally, I loved this practical list of 25 ways to choose joy when you are struggling. Sometimes when we are having a rotten day, we just need to take a step back and refocus! (And I know the image is not anything that looks like it relates to the list but since there was no image that really fit, I just chose the blogger’s header image.)
What are you loving right now? Which of these were your favorite?Add a Comment