Tasty Tuesday: Simple Strawberry Pie (easy & delicious!)
When I was growing up, our family always eagerly awaited strawberry season because that meant we’d have lots of strawberry shortcake…. and this delicious strawberry pie! We all thought Mom made the best strawberry pie and the sight of it on the dinner table was met with lots of excited comments! And while I know there are lots of more elaborate strawberry pie recipes, you know, with cream cheese and the like, I still think her recipe is the best. This is one of those times when simpler truly is better!
Use my Easy Homemade Pie Crust recipe for the crust and with the combo, you’ll be in for a real treat!
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ c. water
- 1 small box (3 oz.) strawberry jello
- 3 to 4 c. sliced strawberries
- Cool Whip or real whipped cream
- 10″ pie crust, baked
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. (I like to use a whisk for this.)
- Remove from heat and add jello; stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool, then gently mix in strawberries. (If you are in a hurry, you can skip this step. The berries just stay nicer if it’s cooled.)
- Pour into baked crust and refrigerate. Once filling is set, top with Cool Whip or real whipped cream.
Linking up @ Mostly Homemade Mom.Add a Comment