Weekly Spending Summary (4/27-5/3)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster, Checkout 51 and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
* $1.88 butter
* $0.49 Barilla pasta sauce
* Free copy paper
* $2.99 diapers
* Better than free Hefty plates
* Better than free Aveeno lotion
Total Spent: $37.56
Total Saved with Coupons: $23.29
Total Saved with Sales: $10.99
Total Saved: $34.28 + $15 in gas rewards
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $14.50
Saved with Sales: $5.60
I used a gift card that we earned through our credit card rewards program to pay for this purchase of $0.47.
The CVS diapers were just $2.99 each and the Dawn was $0.49.
- 2 CVS brand diapers $6.99 each
- Dawn $0.99
- Two $2.00 CVS diaper printable coupons
- $0.50 Dawn printable coupon
- $10.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $4.00 in Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the CVS diapers (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $4.80
Saved with Sales: $5.39
I bought the Hefty plates and Aveeno lotion with a rain check and they actually were part of a previous gas rewards deals so I got $15 in gas savings by purchasing them too. The bummer is that the cashier forgot to adjust the price on both items so I actually overpaid by $5.32. So I’ll have to take care of that the next time I’m at the store. While I love rain checks and the way they let me take advantage of sales when a store is out of the item, I admit that you do have to be on your toes when you use them. So often cashiers miss adjusting the price etc. Anyway, after all is said and done, I made $3.36 on the Hefty plates and the Aveeno lotion.
The Barilla pasta sauce was $0.49 each after coupons/sales, the croutons just $0.19 and the bananas $0.14. The butter was a great buy at $1.88 and the milk was just something that we needed. I about choked when I saw that it is almost $5 a gallon right now! Ouch! I’m thankful for milk savings on Ibotta though. Every little bit helps!
- Texas Toast croutons $0.99
- 2 Barilla pasta sauce $1.49 each
- Bananas $0.64
- Kellers butter $1.88
- Swiss milk $4.80
- 4 Hefty plates $2.49 each
- 2 Aveeno $3.49 each
- $0.40 Texas Toast coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (doubled to $0.80)
- Two $0.75 Barilla printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $1.12 Kellers butter in-ad coupon (had to spend $25 to use)
- Two $1/2 Hefty coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $0.50 via Checkout 51 for purchasing the bananas
- $0.50 via Ibotta for purchasing the milk
- $15.00 in gas rewards savings for purchasing the Hefty and Aveeno
Sharp Shopper: $7.28
I forgot to take a picture of what I purchased but it was several sour creams ($0.99 each), a container of cottage cheese ($0.99), two bottles of 100% juice ($0.50 each) and a bag of red potatoes.
Saved with Coupons: $3.99
I was happy to get this paper for just the cost of sales tax (which was $0.23). Staples has a rebate program that is super easy to use and I will get back the full amount of what I paid for the paper, excluding the sales tax.
I actually went to Staples primarily because they also had a rebate offer to get Crayola washable markers free as well. Unfortunately they were out of the markers when I stopped by. I was disappointed because I had planned to use them as part of a Christmas gift for one of my nephews. I’m hoping maybe they’ll run the offer again before Christmas and I’ll still be able to get them.
- Staples multi-purpose paper $7.79
- $3.99 Staples paper printable coupon
- $3.80 via Staples Easy Rebates for purchasing the paper