Tasty Tuesday: Oven Ready Lasagna (a quick no-boil recipe)
I’m all about saving time and being efficient in the kitchen. I mean really, who’s not? So when I discovered this Oven Ready Lasagna recipe soon after we first were married I was pretty delighted. I love that I can make a delicious lasagna and not have to fool with boiling the noodles. Plus it freezes well so I can make it ahead of time and pull it out to use as a meal for guests or for just “one of those days”.
I also wanted to point out that you don’t even have to use no-boil lasagna noodles for this recipe- that is unless you super funny about noodle texture. I almost always use the regular noodles and honestly can’t tell a bit of difference. But then while I’m funny about many things related to food, noodle texture is not one of them. So do whatever you think best!
Update: Reader Alex left this comment on my Facebook page. “Ok, i made this tonight for dinner! I didn’t notice, nor did my family, that the noodles weren’t boiled. Thanks, Lydia, i sure will be making it like this from now on!!!” So if you are on the fence as to which kind of noodles to use maybe that will help you.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles (can use oven ready if you want)
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 3 to 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Brown beef and onion, drain fat.
- Stir garlic salt and oregano into spaghetti sauce. Spread one cup of sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Add ½ the noodles then top with 1 cup sauce. Add all of the meat and cottage cheese and ½ of the cheese. Add Parmesan cheese if using.
- Top with ¾ cup sauce then add remaining noodles.
- Top with the rest of the sauce and then the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment