Tasty Tuesday: Country Potato Soup (creamy, frugal & delicious)
Don’t let the basic ingredients of this soup fool you, because let me tell you, it is quite tasty. Thanks to the onions, pepper and chives you get lots of flavor and the addition of sour cream makes it just creamy enough to be delicious. In fact my husband who is not really a potato soup fan declares this one to be “pretty good.” And I love that it’s a frugal dish too!
- 3 c. diced, peeled potatoes
- ½- 1 c. carrots
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- 2 c. water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- cheese for garnish (optional)
- Combine potatoes, carrots, onion, water, bouillon cubes, pepper and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cover and cook for about 20 min. or until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- Add 1 c. milk, heat.
- Mix sour cream, flour, chives and remaining 1 c. milk. Stir mixture into soup gradually.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Garnish with cheese if desired.
Linking up at Mostly Homemade Mom.Add a Comment