Tasty Tuesday: Warm Custard Drink
This drink is pure comfort in my mind- all the taste of smooth creamy custard in the form of a warm beverage. It’s the perfect thing for a quick breakfast (after all, it does contain eggs!), a warm-me-up drink or just to wind down with before bedtime. I love that it’s caffeine free too!
I’ve had some people tell me that it tastes like eggnog, which might be true. However, while I really don’t like eggnog at all, this Warm Custard Drink hits the spot for me every time. Just wanted to throw that out there though in case there are any eggnog fans reading this!
Oh and one more thing. If you have one of these Stick Hand Blenders it makes mixing this drink up super simple! I just put the egg mixture in the cup that comes with the blender and then add the milk to that. It’s much less hassle than pulling out my big blender every time!
- 2 c. milk
- ¼ to ⅓ c. sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla
- Nutmeg, ground
- Put milk and sugar in small pan and heat just until it starts to simmer and come to a boil.*
- In the meantime, blend eggs, salt and vanilla.
- Once milk starts to bubble, remove from heat and add a small amount to egg mixture.** Blend immediately.
- Add rest of milk and blend well.
- Pour into two mugs and sprinkle with nutmeg.