Weekly Spending Summary (12/22-12/28)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
* Domino Sugar $0.29/bag
* Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips $0.78/bag
* Better than free Margherita Turkey Pepperoni
* Kraft Shredded Cheese for $1.92/lb.
* Butter for $1.69
* Free copy paper
Total Spent: $-28.11 (yes, that’s a negative number!)
Total Saved with Coupons: $41.81
Total Saved with Sales: $21.99
Total Saved: $63.80
Saved with Coupons: $9.85
Saved with Sales: $14.55
I did more gas deals at Giant this week. This time the Ghiradelli baking chips, Domino sugar, Margherita pepperoni and Al fresco chicken sausage were part of the deal. After coupons and gas rewards I paid $0.78/bag for the Ghiradelli, $0.29/bag for the Domino’s, $1.28 for the Al fresco and made $1.26 on the Margherita!
If you aren’t familiar with how the gas deals work, basically you earn so much off a gallon of gas when you purchase a certain number of specific items. This time I earned $0.40 off a gallon for every 7 items I purchased, up to 30 gallons of gas.
I bought the Diffenbach pretzels to make my Seasoned Ranch Pretzels. I never used that brand of pretzel before but they were just as good as the Wege brand that I normally buy and they were a bit cheaper since they were on sale too.
- 7 Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips $2.50 each
- 6 Domino Sugar $2.50 each
- 6 Margherita Pepperoni $2.00 each
- 2 Al fresco Chicken Sausage $3.99 each
- Yoplait Yogurt $0.75
- 2 Diffenbach Sourdough Pretzels $2.50 each
- Two $0.75 Domino printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $0.65 Domino printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- Three $1/2 Margherita printable coupons
- Two $1.00 Al fresco printable coupons
- received for signing up for their newletter on their website
- FREE Product Yoplait yogurt coupon ($0.85)
- received from a Facebook promotion I think
- $1.00 off your next Giant purchase coupon
- printed from coupon machine at register
- $36.00 worth of gas rewards for purchasing the Domino’s, Al Fresco, Ghiradelli and Margherita products
Rite Aid: $0
Saved with Coupons: $10.00
Saved with Sales: $4.00
Both shave balms were free after coupons and sales.
- 2 Nivea After Shave Balm $4.99
- Two $3.00 Nivea printable coupons
- $4.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- Two $2.00 UPRewards coupons for purchasing the Nivea (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Target: $0 (gift card + grocery cash)
Saved with Coupons: $6.00
Saved with Sales: $3.44
I had a $5 Target gift card that I had earned through doing a grocery deal previously at Target. I used that to pay for the cheese and just used $0.76 out of my grocery cash to cover the remaining amount.
After coupons/sales I paid $0.96/bag or $1.92/lb. for this cheese which is just under my buy price of $2.00/lb. (This means that I don’t buy shredded cheese unless I can find it for $2/lb. or less. When I find it for that price I then try to stock up to last me until the next deal. It’s just one of the many ways that I save on my groceries!) I love buying shredded cheese at great prices like this and then freezing it to use later.
- 6 Kraft Shredded Cheese $2.00 each
- Two $1/2 Kraft printable coupons
- Two B2G1 Free Target Kraft printable coupons (took off $2 twice)
- 5% Cartwheel coupon (took off $0.24)
- mobile coupons that I explained here
Stocked up on more butter and cream cheese while Aldi still has them at low prices. I freeze the butter and just pull it out of the freezer to use as needed. I don’t freeze cream cheese typically because it changes the consistency, but it will keep for weeks past it’s expiration date and be just fine.
- Gourmet Crackers $1.45
- Coconut Flakes $1.29
- 3 Cream Cheese $0.89 each
- 4 Butter $1.69 each
Staples: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $15.96
I used a Staples gift card that I bought for a huge discount this summer to pay for this purchase. My total was $14.84 with tax and I will get $14.00 of that back via Staples Easy Rebates.
You might wonder why I put copy paper under grocery. I do it because I use a lot of it to print coupons that help me save on my groceries. Now that my husband is in school he is using some of it to print out his homework etc. But I decided to go ahead and leave it in grocery this time since the dollar amount is so small.
- 4 Staples copy paper $7.49 each
- $3.99 printable coupon from Staples website
- will get $14.00 via Staples Easy Rebates
I used grocery cash to purchase this lettuce and potatoes at our local farmer’s market. I took lettuce to my parent’s to make a salad for our Christmas get together which is why I bought so much! I only paid $4 for these 5 heads- and they are beautiful and organic too! The 10 lb. potatoes cost me a little over $0.40/lb.
This was for a variety of things:
- $4 was payment from my in-laws for toilet paper that I bought for them at a great price
- $72 was thanks to gas rewards that I earned the last several weeks for purchasing select items (see note under Giant spending above)
- $5.50 was for savings that I earned through Ibotta
- $7.00 was for savings that I earned through Saving Star