Weekly Spending Summary (12/15-12/21)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
- Huggies for $4.32/pack
- Dove Shampoo/Conditioner that was a moneymaker
- Free Rice Chex
- $0.17 General Mills Cereal
- Scott Toilet Paper $3.99/12 pack
Total Spent: $90.61
Total Saved with Coupons: $61.70
Total Saved with Sales: $42.41
Total Saved: $104.11
CVS: $0 (gift card and grocery cash)
Saved with Coupons: $24.75
Saved with Sales: $10.44
I had $6.47 on gift card that I used towards this purchase and I paid the remaining $1.02 with grocery cash.
The Dawn was $0.47 each after coupons/sales. I like to use the blue Dawn for my Homemade Bathroom Cleaner- makes an inexpensive, awesome cleaner!
The Huggies were $4.32 each after coupons and sales. Stocking up on diapers is one of the 10 ways that I save on baby expenses- and it really does save us a lot!
- 2 Dawn Soap $0.97 each
- 3 Huggies diapers $9.99 each
- Two $0.50 Dawn printable coupons
- Two $2.50 Huggies printable coupons
- $2.00 Huggies printable coupon
- $16.75 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $10.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Huggies (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $21.47
Saved with Sales: $11.98
I used a gift card that I bought discounted through Gift Card Rescue to pay for this purchase which was $2.99 total.
I also used a number of rain checks from Rite Aid’s Black Friday sales to get a lot of my items for free or better than free.
I made a total of $5.37 on my Rite Aid purchases this week thanks to pairing coupons with sales. Here are the things that were moneymakers: Carmex $1, Rice Chex $1.42, Blue Diamond $1.75, Revlon $0.70, Dove $0.50. The rest of the items were free after coupons/sales.
- 3 Carmex $0 (bought with rain check)
- 2 Rice Chex $0.79 each (bought with rain check)
- 2 Jack Links $0 (bought with rain check)
- 2 Blue Diamond Almonds $0 (bought with rain check)
- Revlon Nail Clipper $1.30
- 2 Chef Boyardee Ravioli $0 (bought with rain check)
- 2 Dove Men + Care Shampoo $3.50 each
- 2 Dove Shampoo/Conditioner $3.50 each
- Cottonelle Wipes $3.99
- 2 Rite Aid Disposable Cameras $0 (bought with rain check)
- $1/2 Carmex printable coupons
- $1/2 Rice Chex Rite Aid coupon
- $1/2 Rice Chex printable coupons
- $0.75 Blue Diamond coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1.00 Blue Diamond coupon printed at coupon machine at register
- $2/1 Revlon implements Rite Aid printable coupon
- Two $1.75 Dove Men + Care printable coupons
- Two $1.50 Dove Shampoo printable coupons
- $1.00 Cottonelle coupon found on package
- $2/2 Rite Aid Video Values coupon
- $1.50 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $4.00 UPRewards coupons for purchasing the Dove (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 Ibotta credit for purchasing the Dove shampoo
- $1.00 Ibotta credit for purchasing the Dove conditioner
- $1.00 Saving Star credit for purchasing the Rice Chex
- $3.00 Ibotta credit for purchasing the Cottonelle
Saved with Coupons: $15.48
Saved with Sales: $19.99
The Ritz Rice Thins, Tasty Cake Donuts and Old Orchard Juices were free after I used some FREE product coupons that I had. I think I received most of them from Facebook promotions that the manufacturer’s did.
The Ritz Crackers were $0.99 each after coupons/sales and the two cereals were just $0.17 each after coupons/sales.
I bought the Scott toilet paper with a rain check. You were to get a coupon for $10 off your next order when you purchased that amount so they just issued me a $10 Weis gift card since the coupon was no longer printing. I was really hoping they would just take $10 off my total purchase because I didn’t want to have to bother with a gift card. Plus, my budget is kind of tight right now and I’d rather have the money immediately. But really, I got a great deal, so I shouldn’t complain. After coupons/sales I paid just $3.99 for each pack of toilet paper.
- 2 Ritz Crackers $1.99 each
- Ritz Rice Thins $1.99
- Tastycake Donuts $2.50
- Honey Nut Cheerios $1.67
- Cookie Crisp $1.67
- Old Orchard Juice $2.49
- Old Orchard Healthy Balance Juice $2.50
- 3 Scott Toilet Paper $7.99 each
- Two $0.75 Ritz printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- FREE Ritz Rice Thins coupon from Facebook promo ($1.99 off)
- FREE Tastycake printable coupon ($2.50 off)
- $0.60 Honey Nut Cheerios printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- $0.60 Cookie Crisp printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- FREE Old Orchard coupon from manufacturer ($2.49 off)
- FREE Old Orchard Healthy Balance coupon from manufacturer ($2.50 off)
- Two $0.55 Scott printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $0.50 via Saving Star for buying the Cheerios
- $0.50 via Saving Star for buying the Cookie Crisp
- $10.00 Weis gift card for purchasing the Scott (see note above)
Aldi: $24.11 + grocery cash
I had quite a bit of grocery cash and since I’m trying hard to get under budget for the year, I used $17.29 in grocery cash to pay for part of this purchase.
- Bananas $0.44/lb
- 2 lb. Carrots $1.29
- 3 lb. Sweet Potatoes $1.19
- 2 4lb. Oranges $1.99 each
- 2 Black Beans $0.59 each
- Spinach $1.79
- 2 Brown Sugar $1.19 each
- 4 Cream Cheese $0.89 each
- Powdered Sugar $1.19
- 2 Coconut Flakes $1.29 each
- 2 Corn Chips $0.89 each
- 3 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips $1.29 each
- Pure Vanilla $1.99
- 8 Butter $1.69 each
Centerville Bulk Foods: $16.56
I was in the area of my favorite bulk food store and since I kind of needed a few things soon anyway, I went ahead and stopped and stocked up. I’m hoping to make a few homemade candies with those chocolate wafer…one of which is Ritz Cracker Candy- one of my favorites!
My sister-in-law owed me for some groceries that I purchased for her and I decided to just keep the cash that she gave me and use it to buy milk at the local dairy that we get it from.
Several weeks ago I had bought a Finish Dishwasher Detergent with a Try Me Free rebate attached to it. The rebate finally arrived in the mail and so this credit is for that.Add a Comment