Weekly Spending Summary (11/10-11/16)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
- Free Chobani yogurt
- Free Kotex
- Free Tylenol
- Free Thomas English Muffins
- $1.00 Cracker Barrel Cheese
- Cinnamon Chips for $0.99
- Eight O’Clock for $1.70 each
- Dawn for $0.38 each
- Swanson broth for $0.14 each
Total Spent: $61.50
Total Saved with Coupons: $62.99
Total Saved with Sales: $70.09
Total Saved: $133.08
CVS: $4.13 + gift card
Saved with Coupons: $30.49
Saved with Sales: $5.43
I used a $10 CVS gift card that I earned through MyPoints to pay for part of this purchase. After coupons and sales, the Kotex was a moneymaker of $0.43 each, the Colgate and Tylenol were both free, the Dawn was $0.38 each and the Luvs were $5.66 each.
I got the Tylenol free by using a coupon that printed out of the red coupon machine in CVS. The coupon was actually for a free bottle of CVS brand acetaminophen (what Tylenol is) but my store was out. So the manager offered to just substitute the brand name. I was super impressed- you don’t often get that kind of customer service!
And if you’ve been reading here for a while, you know that I typically don’t pay more than $5 for a pack of diapers. I made an exception this week because I had $10 Extra Bucks that were expiring and didn’t have anything else that I really wanted to use them on. So I figured that even at $5.66 they were still a decent deal! And since we’ll soon have 2 in diapers (when the baby comes) I know I’ll be needing them!
- 4 Dawn $0.88 each
- Colgate toothpaste $3.00
- 2 Kotex $1.57 each
- Tylenol $4.99
- 3 Luvs $9.99 each
- Four $0.50 Dawn printable coupons
- $1.00 Colgate coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- Two $2.00 Kotex printable coupons
- $4.99 Tylenol coupon from Coupon Machine in CVS
- Three $1.00 Luvs printable coupons
- $15.50 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.50 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Colgate (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $10.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Luvs(can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $9.50
Saved with Sales: $11.75
Recently when I was at Giant I had a $2.50/$15 purchase coupon print out of the coupon machine at the register. I was pretty tickled but was even happier when the cashier offered me a couple more. She said people didn’t want them and she hated to see them go to waste. Well, thank you very much- I’ll be happy to enjoy the savings!
The Pom was free with a rain check that I had been hanging onto for a long time. The coffee was a great buy at $1.70 each and we love the Eight O’Clock brand! The Hershey’s, Libby, and Domino’s came to $0.99 each after coupons and sales. I was really excited about getting the cinnamon chips. Panera Bread used to have cinnamon chip scones that I absolutely loved and I’m really hoping to recreate them. I’ve looked and looked for cinnamon chips and couldn’t find them anywhere. I think Giant just has them in for the holiday’s because they were on a special display.
- Pom Wonderful $1.00 (bought with rain check)
- 3 Hershey’s Baking Chips $2.00 each
- Libby Pumpkin $2.99
- 2 Domino Brown Sugar $1.99 each
- Eight O’Clock Coffee $5.39 total (on sale buy one, get one free)
- $0.50 Pom coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1/3 Hershey’s printable coupon
- $0.50 Libby’s printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $0.50 Domino’s printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $2/2 Eight O’Clock printable coupon
- $2.50/$15 Giant purchase (printed from catalina machine on previous visit)
- $3.00 Instant Savings for purchasing the Hershey’s/Libby/Dominos
Saved with Coupons: $23.00
Saved with Sales: $52.91
Oh my, this was anamazing week at Weis! I typically don’t even shop at Weis because their prices tend to be higher and their deals not as good. But this week was by far an exception!
After coupons and sales I was able to get the Thomas muffins and Chobani for free. We’ve already enjoyed some scrumptious breakfast sandwiches using the muffins! The Swanson broth was $0.14 each. I typically make my own broth but for this price I decided go ahead and buy it. Besides, I use a lot of it in the winter when I make soups so I would need more than I can make. The Hefty plates were a great buy at $1.60. If you think I’m always frugal, think again. Using paper plates is one of the 12 Money Saving Things I Don’t Do. And the thing I was most excited about? The Cracker Barrel cheese at just $1.00 each (or $2.00/lb.). I know, 15 is a lot. In fact, my husband was happily realizing that in order to eat them by their expiration date of Mar./April we’d have to eat something like 1 1/2 a week. Thing is, I’ve learned long ago that cheese will usually keep for several weeks past it’s expiration date so I’m not too worried. Plus, I can always shred it and use it that way if I get desperate. At that price, I just couldn’t pass it up!
- 15 Cracker Barrel Cheese $2.00 each
- 4 Chobani Greek Yogurt $1.00 each
- 13 Swanson Chicken Broth $0.60 each
- 2 Hefty Plates $3.19 total (on sale buy one, get one free)
- 2 Thomas English Muffins $0.99 each
- Fifteen $1.00 Cracker Barrel printable coupons
- Four $0.50 Chobani printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $1/5 Swanson coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1/2 Hefty printable coupon
- Two $0.50 Thomas printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $5.00 Instant Savings for purchasing the Swanson
My usual Aldi run. Was very, very happy to find butter for $1.69/lb! Don’t know if I’ve seen it that low in several years. I bought a bunch to freeze since we go through lots of butter. (I don’t use shortening or margarine.) In fact, I’ll probably buy more next week if it’s still at that price. The plates are something that I bought for a mom’s group that I organize at our local church. I should have been watching for a deal on them but forgot we were getting low. See. I’m human too!
- Plates $1.49
- 14 Butter $1.69 each
- Bananas $0.44/lb.
- Red Potatoes 5lb. $3.29
- Sour Cream $1.29
- Coconut Flakes $1.29
- 3 Tortillas $0.99 each
- 2 Corn Chips $0.89 each
- Sweet Potatoes 3 lb. $1.19
- Saltines $0.95
This was for some items that I returned.