Weekly Spending Summary (10/27-11/2)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta, Hopster and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
- Free orange
- Free Starkist tuna
- $0.25 Birds Eye frozen peas
- Moneymaking Libby pumpkin
- Moneymaking Nestle chocolate chips
- $0.26/lb. bananas
- $0.70/lb. pork chops
Total Spent: $58.17
Total Saved with Coupons: $14.00
Total Saved with Sales: $16.99
Total Saved: $30.99
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $3.00
Saved with Sales: $4.53
I had a gift card that I purchased at a discount from Gift Card Rescue that I used to pay for this purchase which was $0.34. I had UPRewards to use up and was happy to find the Softsoap for what I thought was $0.99 after coupons/sales. It was only after I got home that I realized that you had to buy 2 to get that deal! So I guess I’ll be returning it next time I head to Rite Aid.
- Softsoap bodywash $2.99
- Free Noxema shave cream
- bought this with a rain check where it was free after UPRewards…when Rite Aid rings up rain check items like this they take off the value of the UPReward which is how this rang up for free
- Rite Aid tissue pack $0.35
- $3.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
Saved with Coupons: $9.00
Saved with Sales: $12.46
This was a fun week at Giant. They had these “Write your Own” in-ad coupons that you could use on whatever you wanted within that category. With those coupons I was able to get 2 cans of tuna and an orange for free, a bag of peas for $0.25 and pork chops for $0.70/lb! The Nestle chocolate chips, Libby pumpkin and Revlon nail clippers were part of a gas deal where I earned $6.00 worth of free gas for purchasing those items. Typically our Giant only doubles 1 like coupon per transaction but for some odd reason, I just noticed that this week all of my coupons doubled! So after gas rewards I actually am making $1.13 on those things! I had figured I’d be paying about $0.87 total which I was plenty happy with. But I sure don’t mind the moneymaker!
- 2 Starkist Tuna 1.00 each
- 4 Nestle morsels $2.50 each
- 2 Libby pumpkin $1.79
- Orange $1.00
- Pork Chops for 0.99/lb. ($3.45 total)
- Birds Eye Peas $1.25
- Revlon Nail Clippers $0.29
- Two $1.00 off any item in-ad coupons (used on Starkist)
- Two $0.50 Nestle printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- Two $0.50 Libby printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $1.00 off any fresh produce in-ad coupon (used on orange)
- $1.00 off any fresh meat purchase in-ad coupon (used on Pork Chops)
- $1.00 any frozen item in-ad coupon (used on Birds Eye)
- $6.00 worth of gas rewards
Saved with Coupons: $2.00
While I was at Target to get some other things I took advantage of some Target mobile coupon deals. I paid $0.49 for the carrots after a coupon and $0.79 for the bananas after a coupon which made them $0.26/lb.
- Carrots $1.49
- Bananas $1.79 for 3 lb.
- $1.00 off any fresh veggie Target mobile coupon
- $1.00 off any fresh fruit Target mobile coupon
Sharp Shopper: $24.36
Stopped by a local discount store to see what bargains I could find. I didn’t find a lot but got a few other things I needed while I was there. Probably my two favorite buys here were the cream cheese for $0.79 and the frozen fish fillets for $2.00/lb. I also have discovered that I can save quite a bit by purchasing the big gallon jugs of vinegar. I kept my old smaller bottles and just refill them as needed.
The $20 was for cash to use to pay for milk at a local dairy, produce from our local farmers market etc.
The hot peppers are from my very prolific hot pepper plant. I’m planning to try can them as pepper rings.
The lettuce and celery are from our local farmers market.Add a Comment