Weekly Spending Summary (10/6-10/12)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum, Ibotta and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
Total Spent: $-97.83
Total Saved with Coupons: $10.60
Total Saved with Sales: $1.69
Total Saved: $12.29
You might notice above that I spent negative $97.83 and wonder how in the world this is possible. Well, if you look at the very bottom of this post you’ll see the “Credits” section and notice that I got a bunch back in gas rewards. I did very little shopping this week- in fact I didn’t even shop at any of my usual stores- and so the gas credit created a negative balance. I’m pretty happy about it as I know it will help dig me out of the almost $100 hole that I am in.
Favorite buys this week:
* Bananas $0.79 for 3lbs.
* OJ for $0.15
* All-natural steak burrito for FREE
* Huggies wipes for $0.47
* FREE printer paper
* FREE Bath and Body Works body wash
Saved with Coupons: $8.85 + $1.75 Ibotta credit
Saved with Sales: $1.69
Really, after my Ibotta credit I only paid $2.12 for all of this!
This was my first time using any mobile coupons and I found it to be a relatively easy process, although it’s hard to figure out what coupons it took off on the receipt. I was pretty confused looking at it and finally went to customer service. We kind of decided that they missed one coupon which is what I had thought, so they gave me the cash for that one.
Basically the two sweet potatoes were $0.29 each, the pears $0.19 each, the bananas $0.79 for 3 lb., the OJ was $0.15 after Ibotta and coupons, the EVOL burrito was free, the bread was free and the Huggies were $0.47.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes $1.29 each
- 2 Pears $0.69 each
- 3lb. Bananas $1.79
- Market Pantry OJ $2.00
- EVOL burrito $2.00
- Market Pantry Bread $0.99
- Huggies Wipes $1.97
- Two $1.00 off any fresh veggie Target mobile coupons
- Two $1.00 off any fresh fruit Target mobile coupons
- 5% off Market Pantry OJ with Target Cartwheel offer ($0.10)
- $1.00 Market Pantry purchase Target mobile coupon (applied to OJ)
- $1.00 EVOL printable coupon
- $1.00 Market Pantry bread Target mobile coupon
- $0.50 Huggies wipes printable coupon
- $1.00 Huggies Target mobile coupon
- 5% savings from using Target Redcard ($0.25)
Misc.: $0 (used various gift cards etc.)
* The body wash was free with a coupon that Bath and Body Works mailed to me. It would normally cost $12.50! I probably will keep it but I also might decide to gift it- still undecided! I’d highly recommend signing up for Bath and Body Works mailing list. They frequently send out coupons and occasionally they’ll include ones like this for a free product without any other purchase required. I’m not really sure how to get on the mailing list. I checked their website and I don’t see anything about it. So I’d either use the contact form on their website and request to be added or I’d ask in-store.
* I bought the NOW Better Stevia on Amazon and used Amazon gift cards that I earned via Swagbucks to pay for it, so I technically didn’t pay anything. I’ve been wanting to try stevia for probably over a year. It’s supposed to be a great, healthy way to sweeten things and I went with the NOW brand after getting several recommendations that it is one of the best as far as taste. So far I’ve only used it to sweeten beverages but I’ve been really impressed. It tastes a tad different than sugar but it’s not a bad different.
* The tomato is from my pathetic looking tomato plant…can’t believe it is still actually giving me a few random tomatoes!
* The paper was free after Staples Easy Rebate. My hubby was going to Staples anyway, so I asked him to pick up the paper. He used the Staples gift card that I purchased at a great price to pay for this paper which cost $3.15 with tax. I’ll get $3.00 back via rebate so I guess technically I paid $0.15 for the paper since there was tax.
* The bowl holds fresh ground whole wheat flour that I bought from my in-laws. I paid $6 for it- it’s about 32 cups worth. My in-laws buy big 50 lb. bags of wheat and since they have a wheat grinder and I don’t they kindly let me use their grinder and just pay them for the flour. I love using it to make my soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread and I also occasionally use it for other things like my Homemade Grape-nuts too.
This was a gas savings credit. Over the past several weeks I bought various items at Giant that I earned gas rewards for. I was able to get 30 gallons of gas for free using those rewards!