Weekly Spending Summary (9/22-9/28)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
Favorite Buys this week:
- 9 Huggies diapers for $1.99/pack
- 6 Kotex for FREE
- 9 Better than Ears dog treats that made me $24
- 12 Jones All Natural Sausage that made me $4
- Free Colgate toothbrush
- Free Schick Quattro razor
- Crest toothpaste that made me $0.50
Total Spent: $53.46
Total Saved with Coupons: $72.40
Total Saved with Sales: $38.75
Total Saved: $111.15 (+ $103.50 in gas rewards!)
Saved with Coupons: $11.00
Saved with Sales: $2.50
My total was actually $0.56 so I used some grocery cash that I had to pay for this purchase instead of putting it on our credit card.
The Colgate toothbrush and the Got2B were free after coupons/sales. The Got2B also went toward the $5 off $20 Henkel® Personal Care & Household Products Saving Star coupon and now I only need to spend another $6 on those items before the end of October to get the $5. I bought the GUM Soft picks because I thought they were the ones that you got 100% back what you paid via Saving Star, but when I got home I realized that they were the wrong size so I’ll need to return them.
- Colgate toothbrush $2.99
- 2 Got2B $2.49 each
- Gum Soft picks $3.59
- $1.00 Colgate printable coupon
- $10.00 CVS in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Colgate (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $5.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Got2B (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0.59
Saved with Coupons: $8.90
Saved with Sales: $3.89
The Schick razor was bought with a raincheck and was free as a result. The toothpaste was a moneymaker of $0.50 after coupons/sales and the body wash was $1.09. This was the first time that I paid for body wash in several years and it felt almost wrong to have to do so! But there have been no amazing sales on it lately and suddenly my husband informed me he was totally out. Thankfully, I didn’t have to pay full price for it at least!
- Schick Quattro Razor $0
- Irish Springs Body Wash $3.49
- Crest Toothpaste $3.00
- $3.00 Schick coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $2.00 Irish Springs coupon in Rite Aid ad
- $0.40 Irish Springs printable coupon
- $0.50 Crest printable coupon
- $3.00 UPRewards coupon for purchasing the Crest (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $52.50
Saved with Sales: $32.36
Whew! This wasquite the week at Giant. My head is spinning just trying to figure out how to explain all the deals to you all!
Basically, in short, after gas rewards and catalina coupons (coupons that print at the register because you purchase specific items) all of this was actually a moneymaker of $6.76!! Yes, I actually got $120 worth of groceries for better than free. Crazy, isn’t it?
Now I’ll do my best to explain a few of the details. Everything I bought this week was part of the giant gas rewards promotion. Basically, there were certain items that were included in the promotion and when you purchased 5 of them you got $0.40 off a gallon of gas, up to 30 gallons. That gives you a savings of $12.
The Huggies and Kotex were also triggering catalina coupons. So when I bought 3 Huggies in one transaction, a coupon printed at the register for $5 off my next Giant purchase. For the Kotex it was a $2 coupon for every 2 Kotex that I purchased. After gas rewards and the coupons, this made my cost for the Huggies just $1.99/pack plus all of the Kotex was free!
The Suavitel, Fabuloso and Softsoap cost me a total of $3.14 after gas rewards savings and coupons. That comes to $0.35 each which is obviously a great price for these things. Oh and just for fun. Did you know that you can make your hand soap last even longer by making Homemade Foaming Hand Soap? We love it!
I purchased the Jones sausage and the Better than Ears with rain checks. They were part of previous gas rewards promotions so after coupons and gas rewards savings, the Jones sausage was a money maker of $4.08 and the Better than a Ears was a whopping $24 money maker!
You’ll see some of the gas rewards credited at the bottom of this post as I did get a tank full of gas using my gas rewards.
- 9 Huggies Diapers $9.99 each
- 8 Kotex $3.00 each
- 2 Suavitel fabric softener $3.00 each
- 2 Fabuloso cleaner $2.00 each
- 4 Soft Soap $2.50 each
- 2 Soft Soap refills $3.50 each
- 9 Better than Ears Dog Treats $2.33 each
- 12 Jones All-Natural Sausage $1.66 each
- Five $2.00 Huggies printable coupons
- Four $2.50 Huggies printable coupons
- Three $2/2 Kotex printable coupons
- One $2.50 Kotex printable coupons
- $1/2 Softsoap refill coupon (found on shelf at Giant)
- Nine $1.00 Better than Ears printable coupons
- Two $2.00 Catalina coupons (printed because of buying Kotex)
- Two $5.00 Catalina coupons (printed because of buying Huggies)
- $2.00 Catalina coupon (printed because of buying Kotex)
- $5.00 Catalina coupon (printed because of buying Huggies)
- $120.00 worth of gas rewards
This was for ham loaf that my mother-in-law picked up for me at a local family owned grocery store. We love this stuff and it makes a quick Sunday lunch. It was on sale for $1.99/lb. when you bought family sized packages which were about 10 lb. each. I simply took those bigger packages and split them into smaller 2lb. portions. I got about 19 1/2 lbs. total.
I also got all of this produce at our local farmer’s market. It cost me about $7-$9- not sure which since I used my grocery cash for it. I love our local market. Some of the stands have excellent produce prices and the stand where I bought everything but the mushrooms grows their stuff organically as possible.
I received this package of Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi as part of my participation in the Purex Insiders. I love how easy these detergent packs are to use- no measuring, just throw them in the washer and you’re done! I also thought that the Purex plus Oxi worked as well as the other Purex detergents that I’ve tried, although I really have to be honest and say that I didn’t notice any increase in cleanliness due to the addition of the Zout stain remover that is in the Purex plus Oxi. But I’m sure it didn’t hurt anything either!
- $2.79 of this was for a return I did at Rite Aid.
- $103.50 was gas savings credit. Over the past several weeks I bought various items at Giant that I earned gas rewards for. I was able to get 30 gallons of gas for free using those rewards!