Weekly Spending Summary (9/15-9/21)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
Favorite buys this week:
- Luvs diaper for $4.00/pack
- Finish dishwasher detergent that will be free after rebate
- Eight O’Clock coffee for $1.70/bag
- Pampers wipes for $0.71/pack
- Rubbermaid glass containers that were better than free
Total Spent: $129.01
Total Saved with Coupons: $23.00
Total Saved with Sales: $40.25
Total Saved: $63.25
Saved with Coupons: $11.00
Saved with Sales: $16.98
I used a CVS gift card that I earned through our credit card rewards program to pay for $25 worth of this purchase. (No worries, we budget for our expenses and pay our bill off in full each month!)
I was excited to get diaper for $3.99/pack. I typically use Huggies or Pampers but the few times I’ve been able to get Luvs for cheap I’ve been happy with them too! Oh and here’s a little tip. If you don’t have enough computers to print enough coupons for a deal, enlist a friend to help you! I really wanted to do this Luv’s deal but we only have two computers which means I can only print 4 coupons. So I asked a friend who lives a block away if she’d want to print one and I’d give her the pack of Luvs for $4. She was into it and so we both were able to save!
The Dawn dish soap was $0.66 each after Extra Bucks/sales. It’s not the lowest price ever for Dawn but I haven’t seen it lower than that in a while and was needing more.
- 3 Dawn $1.00 each
- 5 Luvs diapers $6.99 each
- $6/$30 CVS coupon printed from Red Coupon Machine in store
- Five $1.00 Luvs printable coupons
- $10.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Luvs (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Dawn (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $2.09
Saved with Coupons: $4.00
Saved with Sales: $4.45
I had some UPRewards to use up again. I was happy to find this Finish with a Try Me Free rebate attached. Of course I’ll have to pay for the stamp to mail the rebate but obviously I’ll still get some super cheap dishwasher detergent! I’ve seen these at a number of stores so watch for them if you are interested.
- Finish Gelpac $3.24
- Blue Diamond Almonds $2.79
- $4.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
Saved with Coupons: $8.00
Saved with Sales: $18.82
I was able to find one last pack of Pampers wipes on clearance and get them for just $0.71! I was also thrilled to see the Eight O’Clock coffee on sale for Buy One, Get One Free. Giant ran that sale often last winter and by combining the sale with coupons I can get coffee for $1.70/bag. We were almost out of coffee and I kept they’d run this sale again! We love Eight O’Clock coffee and often have people comment on how good it is when we serve it to them.
The Rubbermaid containers were a rare moneymaking deal. I continue to be amazed at the variety of things I end up getting for free by couponing! These were part of the Giant gas promotion and after the gas rewards and coupons I’ll actually make $3.23 on them. The neat thing is, I was actually needing a few small containers like this.
- Pampers Wipes $1.71
- 3 Rubbermaid $3.59 each
- 4 Eight O’Clock Coffee $10.78 total (on sale Buy One, Get One Free)
- $0.50 Pampers wipes printable (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $1.50 Rubbermaid printable coupons
- Four $1.00 Eight O’Clock printable coupons
- $0.40 off up to 30 gallons of gas at Giant to Go gas stations. I earned this by purchasing the Rubbermaid. I should be able to get the full 30 gallons which will save me $12.00!
You might remember that last week I had said that I was hoping to go at least a week, maybe two without having to run to Aldi. Well, obviously it didn’t happen. I remembered Friday that I was to take snack to our Mom’s Group at church the following Tues. and hadn’t gotten the fruit and chips that I needed for it. So since I was driving by Aldi anyway I stopped and got those things there since they are much cheaper than at Giant. I think though that I might actually be all set to skip Aldi for a week. We’ll see.
- 2 Red Grapes 2 lb. each $1.98 each
- Saltines $0.99
- Tortilla Chips $1.19
- Corn Chips $0.99
- Bananas $0.44/lb.
Sharp Shopper: $7.75
I was driving by Sharp Shopper and thought about the fact that I didn’t have enough sugar to do my applesauce the next day. So I stopped and got that as well as a couple of other good deals.
- 3 Domino sugar $1.99 each
- Sour cream $0.79
- Laughing Cow Cheese $0.99
- $20.00- money for milk
- $84.90 of this was for 5 bushels of Smokehouse apples to make applesauce. Yes, we eatlots of applesauce. This year I froze all of it since I still had a little bit of canned left and we prefer the frozen anyway. Thankfully I don’t have to do it by myself- my parents always come and help me. I don’t think I’d ever try it without that! I’m so grateful for their help!
$8.28 of this was for two rebates that I got for things that I bought at Staples several week ago. $4.00 was money for the Luvs diaper that I bought for a friend as mentioned under my CVS purchase above.Add a Comment