Weekly Spending Summary (9/1-9/7)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
Favorite buys this week:
- $27.59 worth of stuff for free from Walmart! (included toilet paper and Kleenex)
- 3 tubes of toothpaste for free
- Free Softsoap hand soap…I was almost out!
- Pampers for about $4.25/pack
- $20 worth of groceries for free at Giant (actually made $26 on them too!)
Total Spent: $40.26
Total Saved with Coupons: $56.50
Total Saved with Sales: $48.64
Total Saved: $105.14
Saved with Coupons: $14.00
Saved with Sales: $3.91
I got a smartphone several months ago (I’ll share about how I actually saved money with the switch here soon!) but never took advantage of the Ibotta app until this week. I got all of these items for free after coupons/sales and Ibotta credits. All but the Kleenex hand towels are items I buy anyway and for free? Well, I think we can find a use for the hand towels too!
Oh and if you haven’t ever made your own foaming hand soap, you really should try it. It sure helps us not go through soap quite as fast. That’s what I plan to use this Softsoap for.
- Colgate Total Toothpaste $5.29
- Colgate Optic White toothbrush $5.49
- Kleenex $1.99
- Puffs $0.88
- Kleenex Hand Towel $3.49
- Softsoap $3.99
- 20% off total purchase CVS coupon found in ad ($2.80)
- $1.00 CVS Puffs coupon printed from coupon machine in store
- $3/$10 CVS Oral Health purchase coupon printed from coupon machine in store
- $10.00 CVS in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $5.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Colgate (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $4.50 in Ibotta credit (plus these offers will go towards a $20 credit as well)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $22.00
Saved with Sales: $23.54
I bought a Rite Aid gift card online for 6% off the value and I used it to pay for this purchase which was $22.94. I was happy to get diapers for under $5/pack again. And of course we can always use free toothpaste! Oh and the shave cream? Since we didn’t really need it as I already have plenty in our stockpile I decided to let the children have fun with it. I filled containers full of shave cream and then let them paint the bathtub with it during their bath time. They LOVED it!
- 4 Pampers diapers $8.99 each
- 6 Gerber 1st foods $0 each
- I had a rain check for these and since they were free after UPRewards the week of the sale, they rang them up for free
- 2 Colgate Zx toothpaste $2.99
- 2 Noxema Shave Cream $1.99 each
- $4/$20 Rite Aid purchase coupon that printed at register on previous trip
- Four $1.50 Pampers printable coupons
- Two $1.00 Colgate Zx coupons found in magazines that I get for free
- $10.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $10.00 UPRewards coupon for purchasing the Pampers (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- Two $2.00 UPRewards coupons for purchasing the Colgate (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- Two $2.00 UPRewards coupons for purchasing the Noxema (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $13.00
Saved with Sales: $21.19
None of these items are things I typically buy but since I could make money on them, I decided to go for it. Giant once again had their gas rewards deals. This week the deal was that for every 7 participating items that you purchased you’d get $0.40 off per gallon of gas (up to 30 gallons) at Giant to Go gas station. This made my purchase a moneymaker of $26.03 after gas savings!!!
- 2 Nabisco Snack Sacks $2.00 each
- Ritz Cheese Crackers $2.50
- Oscar Mayer Wieners $1.99
- 2 Oscar Mayer Turkey Franks $1.99 each
- 18 Lunchables $1.25 each
- Nine $1/2 Lunchables coupons found on package
- Four $1.00 coupon doublers found in Giant ad
- these coupons could be used to double any four $1.00 coupons
- Got enough gas points to save $1.20/gal. on gas. If I get 30 gallons of gasoline (the max allowed) I’ll get back $48 in gas savings!!
Saved with Coupons: $7.50
As much as I dislike Walmart, I decided to grit my teeth and shop there anyway this week since I could get an awesome deal using the Ibotta app. All of the items I purchased were free after coupons and Ibotta credits!
Ibotta had a $20 bonus promotion going on that I used to make the most of this purchase. Buy combining the individual Ibotta offers with the bonus offers I was able to do really well. Now mind you, my head was about to explode from trying to figure it all out and pull it all together, but I learned a lot about Ibotta and in the end, I think it was worth it. All the items I bought are things that either we use or have family members that use and can share with them so it wasn’t like I was buying a bunch of things we don’t need.
Oh and one more thing. If you shop at Walmart a lot it’s helpful to know that you can price match with other stores. I’ve done this a number of times. Sometimes I’ve had the other stores flyer with me and showed them sale price and other times I’ve just told them what the price is at the other store. It was really quite simple, although different stores may be more strict with the process. At any rate this week it saved me about $4 if I remember correctly which was pretty nice!
- Cottonelle toilet paper $5.00
- price matched to Kmart
- Cottonelle wipes refill $1.96
- Scott toilet paper $5.00
- price matched to Kmart
- Scott wipes $1.96
- Depends $11.97
- Kotex tampons $3.78
- Kleenex 3 pk. $5.00
- price matched to Kmart
- $1.50/2 Cottonelle printable coupon
- $1.50 Scott coupon received with sample product
- $2.00 Depends coupon received with sample product
- $1.50 Kotex printable coupon
- $1.00 Kleenex printable coupon
- $6.00 in Ibotta credits (plus these purchases will count towards another $25 in credits)
I received the Venus razor in the mail for free! I got it as part of a free sample promotion that they did on Facebook. (If you want to know about free sample offers like this, follow me on Facebook. I post them there when I see them.) The body wash was a gift from a friend.
As I mentioned above under my CVS and Walmart purchase, I did several deals that earned me Ibotta credit this week. I was able to cash out $13.50 of that credit to Paypal and apply it to my grocery budget.Add a Comment