Weekly Spending Summary (7/21-7/27)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
This week has been a little busy thanks to me doing a bunch of tomatoes and well, just life. And so I didn’t get this posted as usual on Monday.
My favorite buys of the week:
- Huggies diapers for under $5/pack
- Free paper towels
- Free Utz chips
- Free Stayfree pads
- not buys, but some tomatoes and hot peppers from my “garden”!
Total Spent: $50.80
Total Saved with Coupons: $19.79
Total Saved with Sales: $11.30
Total Saved: $31.09
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $12.79
Saved with Sales: $8.80
I used a CVS gift card that we earned through our credit card program to pay for this purchase which was $18.01. The diapers were $4.66/pack- just so under my $5 buy price- and the paper towels were free. Of course those prices are after all coupons and sales!
- 3 Huggies diapers $9.99 each
- Just Basic paper towel $0.79
- Three $2.00 Huggies printable coupons
- $0.79 Just Basics CVS coupon from Red Coupon Machine in store
- $6.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $10.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Huggies (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $7.00
Saved with Sales: $2.50
Well, I guess I forgot to take a picture of this purchase. Sorry!
My out of pocket would have been $0.86 but I paid it with a gift card that I purchased for 6% savings online.
Everything I bought was free after coupons/sales…in fact the chips were a slight moneymaker.
- Utz Chips $0.89
- 2 Stayfree $2.99 each
- Sweet Leaf Tea $0.99
- Two $1.00 Stayfree coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1.00 Sweet Leaf Rite Aid coupon received via email
- $4.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $1.00 UPReward coupon for purchasing the Utz (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- Two $2.00 UPReward coupons for purchasing the Stayfree (can be used on next purchase of any item)
I had a Visa gift card that I earned by doing a Proctor & Gamble rebate that I used to pay for $0.73 of this transaction.
I like to use the Dannon plain yogurt as starter for my homemade yogurt. It works better than any other yogurt that I’ve tried.
Our son turned 5 last week and desperately wanted a train cake. Without really trying, I guess I started a tradition of making our children’s birthday cakes…not that I’m that amazing at it or anything. But back to the train cake—he was insistent that he wanted a train cake and so I began to peruse Pinterest and thankfully came up with something that was doable. Trouble was, I wanted (or maybe rather needed to because of time!) to make the day before his birthday and because of how big it was going to be I wasn’t sure how I was going to keep it nice and covered. So I checked at Giant and sure enough, they sell their cake holders. The $1.50 was worth it to me!
- Dannon plain yogurt $2.59
- Cake Holder $1.50
My usual Aldi stuff…with a few explanations.
I don’t often buy chips but I wanted to have some for our son’s birthday party. The Cream Wafer Rolls and marshmallows were for decorating his cake. The orange juice concentrate? I’ll use it in a week or two when I freeze a bunch of peaches. I have this recipe where you slice up peaches and add some sugar and orange juice concentrate and then freeze it. It’s so good!
- Bleach $1.29
- Kettle Chips $1.79
- Potato Chips $1.49
- 3 Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate $1.29 each
- Canola Oil $2.69
- Cream Wafer Rolls $2.69
- Powdered Sugar $1.29
- Bananas $0.44/lb.
- Mini Marshmallows $0.89
The $30 was for cash for milk and eggs from a local farm and produce from local produce stands. I love buying and supporting local!
The tomatoes and hot peppers? They’re from our very little “garden”! My tomato plants aren’t doing much but I am getting a few tomatoes from them. My hot pepper plant on the other hand is going nuts! I think I’ll easily be able to get all the hot peppers I need to make 3 1/2 batches of salsa plus I’ll probably have some extra. Unfortunately my zucchini seems to have gotten a blight or something and is hardly doing a thing. So much for all my dreams of being able to make all sorts of zucchini things!Add a Comment