Weekly Spending Summary (7/14-7/20)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
My favorite deals this week:
- Turkey Hill All-Natural ice cream for less than $0.50/box
- $20 moneymaker on cereal at Giant
- diapers for $3.39 a pack
- free Utz potato chips
- free Clear shampoo
- free Reach toothbrushes
- shredded cheddar cheese for less than $2/lb.
Total Spent: $6.09
Total Saved with Coupons: $51.00
Total Saved with Sales: $41.38
Total Saved: $92.38
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $28.50
Saved with Sales: $11.50
I used a CVS gift card that I earned through our credit card rewards program to pay for this purchase which was $6.45. (No worries, we budget for our expenses and pay our bill off in full each month!)
I was really excited about getting diapers for just $3.39 each! No, they aren’t name brand and I’ve never tried CVS brand diapers before but I decided to practice what I preach and be willing to try other brands. I really can’t imagine they are terrible because I know from working at CVS as a pharmacy tech years ago that many of their products are made by name brand companies. And anyway, if they are just awful, they have a money back guarantee.
- 5 CVS diapers $6.99 each
- $3/$15 purchase coupon from Red Coupon machine found in store
- $25.50 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- Five $3.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the CVS diapers (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- I split my purchase into two transactions and used $9.00 worth of these on the second transaction
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $10.00
Saved with Sales: $5.20
I bought a Rite Aid gift card for 6% off several weeks ago and I used it to pay for this purchase which was $1.75. Everything was totally free after coupons and sales. Love that!
- 2 Utz Chips $0.89 each
- Clear Shampoo $4.99
- 2 Reach toothbrushes $2.99 each
- $3.00 Clear Video Values printable coupon
- $1.00 Clear coupon from sample received in mail
- Two $1.00 Reach printable coupons
- $5.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $1.00 UPReward coupon for purchasing the Clear shampoo (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- Two $1.00 UPReward coupons for purchasing the Utz (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- Two $2.00 UPReward coupons for purchasing the Reach (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $11.50
Saved with Sales: $22.90
I used a rain check to buy the ice cream- it was part of a previous gas points deal. I ended up paying less than $0.50 a box after all coupons and sales!
The cereal was also a gas points deal- which is the only reason I bought it! We don’t eat either cereal so I’ll be donating it to our local food bank. I actually made a total of about $20 by purchasing it, so I thought it was pretty worth it.
You’ll see the gas points credit posted at the bottom of this post.
- 54 Kellogg’s cereal cups $1.00 each
- 10 Turkey Hill ice cream $2.50 each
- Turkey Hill FREE product coupon that I got at a local event ($2.50)
- $0.50 Turkey Hill coupon received from manufacturer (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $1.00 Turkey Hill coupons printed from Recyclebank
- Two $1.00 Turkey Hill coupons found in magazines
- Four $1.00 Turkey Hill coupons received from manufacturer
Target: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $1.00
Saved with Sales: $1.78
I was going to Target for some other things and so I grabbed these wipes for a great price while I was there. I don’t pay more than $1/pack for wipes and always make sure I get the 72 ct. packages. (Yes, some are smaller than that.)
- 2 Pampers wipes $1.50 each
- $1/2 Pampers coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
My sister-in-law saw 5 lb. bags of shredded cheddar cheese for $9.95 and called me to see if I wanted some. I was very grateful because I was almost totally out of cheese and hadn’t seen any good deals in a long time. I had her get me two bags. I’ll divide them out into smaller ziploc bags or freezer boxes and freeze it until I’m ready to use it. This is one of the biggest ways I save money on cheese!
This was for the gas rewards credit that I mentioned under the Giant section above. I was able to get a whole tank of gas totally free and still have enough points to get another $1 off per gallon!Add a Comment