Weekly Spending Summary (6/23-6/29)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
Thanks to gift cards, this week was a week of very little actual spending even though I really bought quite a bit. Some of my favorite buys:
* Huggies diapers for $3.49/pack
* Free Venus razor
* Free Kotex pads
* Free toothpaste
Total Spent: $5.54
Total Saved with Coupons: $58.74
Total Saved with Sales: $19.47
Total Saved: $78.21
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $45.75
Saved with Sales: $15.20
I had a CVS gift card that I earned through our credit card rewards program that I used to pay for this purchase which was $5.70. (And no worries! We always pay off our credit card bills in full each month. No carrying balances here!)
I was really thrilled to get one of my favorite Venus razors free- actually I made $0.61 on it! I also was excited to get diapers for $3.49/pack after coupons and sales. Definitely a great stock-up price! And believe it or not, my usually overflowing toothpaste stash is actually running a bit low so I was glad to be able to get 2 toothpastes for free this week as well.
Oh, I should mention that $10 of the Extra Bucks that I used to pay for this purchase was actually earned by taking a survey from CVS. Several weeks ago they sent me this survey that I could do (took about 15 min.) and then they paid me with $10 Extra Bucks. How cool is that? You can sign up for their CVS Advisor Panel too. Hopefully sometime you’ll get a great survey like I did.
- 2 Colgate Toothpaste $2.99 each
- Gillette Venus $7.39
- 4 Huggies $9.49 each
- $2/2 Colgate printable coupons
- $4.00 Gillette coupon received via mail
- Four $3.00 Huggies printable coupons
- $27.75 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- Two $2.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Colgate (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $4.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Gillette (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $12.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Huggies (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0
Saved with Coupons: $5.99
Saved with Sales: $3.00
I wasn’t just dying to buy Marc Anthony hair spray (although it might be amazing stuff for all I know!) but I have UPRewards that need to be used so I figured if I can make $1 on hairspray I might as well!
- Marc Anthony Hair Spray $5.99
- $2.00 Marc Anthony printable coupon
- $3.00 Marc Anthony Rite Aid Video Values coupon
- $1.00 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupon that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.00 UPReward coupon for purchasing the Marc Anthony (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Giant: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $7.00
Saved with Sales: $1.27
I used a Visa gift card that I earned through a Proctor & Gamble rebate to pay for this purchase which was $3.32.
Every time I can, I use those $0.50 Pampers wipes coupons to get packages of wipes for $1.00. Wipes keep for pretty much forever and so I don’t mind stocking up while I can. You never know when they’ll stop offering the coupons!
The Reynolds Baking cups were actually a moneymaker of $0.11 and the Kotex was free. The Fels-naptha is one of my go-to stain removers. I just used the last splinters of my current bar and was feeling panicky when I my son came home from Summer Bible School the other night with grass stains all over his khaki pants. (Yes, I wizened up and wore jeans on him the rest of the week!) Thankfully I remembered that Giant carries Fels-naptha, not just the little Amish store where I typically get it. So I grabbed some today and plan to use it this afternoon to work on those stains!
- 2 Pampers Wipes $2.00 each
- Reynolds Baking Cups $0.89
- U by Kotex Pads $4.00
- Fels-Naptha $1.29
- Two $0.50 Pampers printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $1.00 Reynolds coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $4.00 Kotex printable coupon (Facebook offer)
Had to get ice cream sandwiches for our last evening of Summer Bible School tradition and so I grabbed a few other things while I was already in the store. (We were in charge of our Summer Bible School this year and the tradition is that the last night we have a snack of ice cream sandwiches for everyone. A fun way to end!)
- Lemon Juice $1.89
- Bananas $0.44/lb. $1.16
- Red Potatoes 5lb. $2.49
Staples: $0 (gift card)
I used the gift card that I bought from Groupon to pay for some printer paper. I paid $7.73 for it and will get $7.29 back in Staples Easy Rebates- the $0.44 difference is tax.Add a Comment