Weekly Spending Summary (3/31-4/6)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
Yes, I know. I’m rather late in posting this. I only have pathetic excuses like I was trying to figure out a couple of receipt issues and I had a picture that needed downloaded and well…there were just lots of other deals to post. But I figured I’d really better get this posted before I have to post this past week on Monday. Sometimes it’s good to have a little something like that to give you some incentive.
My favorite deals this week:
- Decaf Instant Coffee for $1.99- a great price for decaf!
- Free shampoo
- Making money on products at Rite Aid
- Making money on Reach floss at Giant
- $0.99 Turkey Hill ice cream!
- 14 cans of tomatoes for $0.13 each
Total Spent: $3.64
Total Saved with Coupons: $27.68
Total Saved with Sales: $32.78
Total Saved: $60.46
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $6.49
Saved with Sales: $9.49
Was excited to get decaf instant coffee for a decent price! I’m kind of addicted (not truly, but I do have it almost every day) to my homemade iced coffee and will use this up in no time. And free shampoo? Yes, please!
- Clear Men’s Shampoo $4.99
- Maxwell House Instant Coffee $3.99
- $4.99 Clear Men’s coupon from Red Coupon Machine in-store
- $1.00 Maxwell House coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $0.50 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $4.99 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Clear Men’s Shampoo (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Maxwell House (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0.82
Saved with Coupons: $10.99
Saved with Sales: $3.75
I only bought these things because they were moneymakers. I made $1 in the Simple Face Wash and $2.26 on the Platyex. Love making money on things I buy!
- Simple Face Wash $4.99
- Playtex Wipes $6.74
- $2.00 Simple printable coupon
- $2.00 Simple Rite Aid Video Values coupon
- $5.00 Playtex printable coupon
- $1.99 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.00 UPReward coupons for purchasing the Simple (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $4.00 UPReward coupons for purchasing the Playtex (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $10.20
Saved with Sales: $11.54
The Reach floss was a moneymaker of $0.24- not much but we can always use floss. There was a catalina coupon printing when you bought 4 Reach products and I also had $1/2 coupons as well. (Catalina coupons are the ones that print from the coupon machine at the register.)
The Turkey Hill ice cream- our favorite!- was only $0.99 after coupons/sales. If you love coffee ice cream and Turkey Hill is sold in your area you really should try it. So good!
The tomatoes were part of a gas deal where you got $0.20/gal. off gas when you bought 7 of them. So I bought 14 and will get $0.40/gal. off my gas. This should save me about $8.00 which you’ll see below under “Credits”.
- 14 Hunts Tomatoes $1.00 each
- 2 Texas Toast Croutons $1.25 each
- 4 Reach Dental Floss $1.19 each
- Turkey Hill Ice Cream $1.99 (bought with rain check)
- Six $0.55/2 Hunts printable coupons (2 doubled to $1.00 each)
- Two $1/2 Reach printable coupon
- $1.00 Turkey Hill coupon from manufacturer
- you can call and request coupons from them any time
- $3.00 Catalina coupon for purchasing the Reach products
- this printed from the coupon machine at the register when I did my first transaction, I then used it on my second transaction
- Bananas $0.44/lb.
- 2 Potato Chips $1.79 each
- Sour Cream $1.29
- Tomato Paste $0.39
- Tortillas $0.99
- Grapes $1.29/lb.
I babysat for a friend and as a thank you she brought me the homemade granola, homemade yogurt and homemade red beats and pickled eggs. All of them were SO yummy- especially the pickled eggs. I absolutely love a good pickled egg (and the ones you can buy just aren’t as good as homemade ones) but can’t make them since you need red beet juice and I don’t can red beets. So the red beet eggs were a really special treat and I mmm’d my way through each one. I loved the idea of giving some homemade goodies as a thank you and wondered why I never thought of it myself. So funny how sometimes the most obvious things don’t seem so obvious. Thanks Maria for all the yumminess!
The $6 that you see listed above is for a $10 Walgreen’s deal that I bought through Facebook. Yes, Facebook. They now have gift cards that you can gift to someone else. Well, my husband had this offer in his account that he could get $4 off any gift card so I went into his account and had him gift me a $10 Walgreen’s gift card for just $6. Sneaky aren’t I? Anyway, I plan to use it when I buy the occasional diapers at Walgreens. Hopefully I’ll remember that I have it- I shop there so rarely!
I had an item ring up incorrectly at Giant and $5 of this was the refund for that.
$8.00 was for the amount saved on gas at Giant (see note above under Giant purchases).Add a Comment