Weekly Spending Summary (3/24-3/30)
Some of you have wondered where I get my printable coupons. Here are the main coupon sites that I use: Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Smart Source, Red Plum and Saving Star. Manufacturer websites and Facebook pages are another great source.
I was excited that even though I did a good bit of shopping this week, I really didn’t spend that much.
A few of my favorite buys:
- Neutrogena Hand Cream for less than $1.50 each (retail is $5)
- Free Venus razor
- Cracker Barrel Cheese for $2/lb.
- Diapers for under $5/package
- Free Scunci hair bands
Total Spent: $27.44
Total Saved with Coupons: $54.00
Total Saved with Sales: $15.13
Total Saved: $69.13
Saved with Coupons: $19.00
Saved with Sales: $2.00
I forgot my little pouch that I keep my store gift cards in so I couldn’t use the CVS gift card that I have to pay for this purchase. My total was only $0.59 though so I just used change from my grocery cash to pay for everything.
Venus razors are my favorite so I was excited to be able to get one for free after coupon/sales. As I’ve mentioned before, we love Neutrogena hand cream. It seriously works better than anything else we have tried. I was happy to get some for just $0.29 each after coupons. The Dawn was only $0.49 each after coupons.
You may have noticed that I’ve bought a lot of the Neutrogena lately and maybe you are wondering why. I mean, just how much lotion does our family use anyway?! Well, as I’ve mentioned before, stocking up is one of my favorite ways to save and so I’m doing that with the Neutrogena. Here’s why. In the 4 years that I’ve been couponing I’ve only ever seen an amazing deal on this hand lotion once or twice. So when I saw the $5/2 coupon that was in the Sunday newspaper coupon inserts a while back I figured it would be a good idea to use it to buy a bunch of Neutrogena hand cream at rock bottom price and stock up. So I went to a coupon trading website and was able to get a trade for a bunch of the $5/2 coupons. I’ve been combining them with some great sales and so far have been able to get about 10 boxes for less than $1.50 each. Regular retail is typically $5 so this is some great savings. And since hand cream really never expires and I know that we will eventually use it, I have nothing to lose- but lots to save!
- 2 Dawn $0.99 each
- Venus Razor $6.99
- 2 Neutrogena Hand Cream $5.29 each
- Two $0.50 Dawn coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $3.00 Venus coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $5/2 Neutrogena coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $10.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $4.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Venus (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $5.00 Extra Bucks coupon for purchasing the Neutrogena (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $2.76
Saved with Coupons: $32.00
Saved with Sales: $10.76
Yes, more hand cream and free Scunci hair bands and Covergirl Smoothers for just a decent price. I am not a make-up wearer but I do love this Smoother. If you at all have trouble with oily, shiny skin it’s a wonderful thing!
- 2 Scunci Hair Bands $1.99 each
- 2 Cover Girl Smoothers $7.91 each
- 4 Neutrogena Hand Cream $7.48 total (on sale Buy One, Get One Free)
- Two $1 Cover Girl coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- Two $5/2 Neutrogena coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $20 in UPRewards (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- Two $1.99 UPReward coupons for purchasing the Scunci (can be used on next purchase of any item)
- $5 UPReward coupon for purchasing the Covergirl (can be used on next purchase of any item)
Walgreens was having a sale on diapers but unfortunately were almost out of the sizes I needed. I was able to get 2 packs and have a rain check to get more which will make the deal better. Still, this was a great price at just $4.40/pack. Definitely under my buy price.
That hand you see there? Well, my daughter thought the baby was cute I guess and just wouldn’t leave the packages alone while I was trying to take the picture.
- 2 Walgreens Diapers $8.79 total (on sale Buy One, Get One Free)
Saved with Coupons: $3.00
Saved with Sales: $2.37
Once again got cheese for $2/lb. For a while I was having trouble finding any at this price but lately the deals have been great again. So glad! And yes, we love sharp cheese. It’s our favorite.
- 3 Cracker Barrel Cheese $2.00 each
- Three $1.00 Cracker Barrel printable coupons
Just the usual Aldi stock up things- nothing too exciting here.
- 2 Sour Cream $1.29 each
- Saltines $0.99
- Brown Sugar 2 lb. $1.29
- Tomato Paste $0.39
- Canola Oil $2.69
- 2 Corn Chips $0.99 each
- 3 Cream Cheese $0.99 each
Centerville Bulk Food: $0
I had grocery cash that I had gotten out of the bank last week that I used to pay for this purchase. I honestly can’t remember what my total was but I think it was around $12-$15.
I was over in the area where my favorite bulk food store is so I stopped by and got a few things I was needing: sea salt, oatmeal, raw wheat germ, yeast, raisins and a few apples.Add a Comment