Tasty Tuesday: Cream Cheese Potato Soup (with ham)
This recipe is one of our favorite soups. It’s nice and creamy plus it’s full of flavor too—the dill and garlic along with the tang of the cream cheese is a winning combo for the taste buds! I love that it’s delicious enough to feed to guests and yet also simple enough to serve as one of our regular main dishes.
While we love it with the ham, you could easily leave it out for a tasty meatless dish!
- 6 c. water
- 7 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (30 oz.) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed**
- 1½ c. fully cooked ham, cubed
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- Combine water & bouillon.
- Add the cream cheese; cook & stir until cheese is melted. (I like to use a whisk.)
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.