Weekly Spending Summary (Sept.16-22)
Okay, so as you see I’m kind of behind on getting this posted. In fact, I’m rather embarrassed by it. But hey, so it goes!
Life is finally slowing down again. After two months of being insanely busy with canning/freezing and trying to get things ready for my sister-in-law’s wedding I think I am finally getting caught up on things. My Weekly Spending Summaries were one of the first things to slide because they take a fair bit of time to get ready to post. And once I got a week behind it was hard to even want to tackle the job because it felt so huge. Funny how that happens. Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and made myself play catch-up on them today. And amazingly it actually wasn’t that bad. It sure helped that both children were sleeping and the house was quiet!
Read on for the details…
Total Spent: $55.03
Total Saved with Coupons: $38.05
Total Saved with Sales: $30.27
Total Saved: $68.32
Saved with Coupons: $1.00
Saved with Sales: $2.19
We had family staying with due to a family wedding and I decided to make my husband’s favorite pie- vanilla pie! But I realized that I didn’t have King Syrup or vanilla ice cream both of which are kind of essential to vanilla pie. Well, I guess technically the ice cream isn’t but pie sure is better with ice cream!
- King’s Syrup $3.19
- Breyer’s Ice Cream $3.00
- $0.75 Breyer’s printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
Rite Aid: $12.31
Saved with Coupons: $26.25
Saved with Sales: $14.96
I just wanted to note that I actually purchased 2 other Scott toilet paper but they were for my in-laws and so I got reimbursed for my cost. If you notice below I got back a $10 UPReward and it was for purchasing $30 worth of select products…and the Scott was one of them. That is one of the ways I like to save. Sometimes I’ll split a deal with someone else if it’s something I know I don’t need a large quantity on but it’s a great price.
- 2 Hershey’s Simple Pleasures $3.00 each
- 2 Natural Dentist Mouthwash $10.48 total (on sale Buy One, Get One Free)
- Huggies Diapers $10.00
- Scott Toilet Paper $8.00
- Two $2 Hershey’s coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon insert
- $1 Hershey’s coupon from Rite Aid Flu coupon booklet
- $2 Natural Dentist printable coupon
- $1 Huggies coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1.25 Scott Toilet Paper printable coupon
- $8 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2 in UPRewards for purchasing the Hershey’s Simple Pleasures (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $7 in UPRewards for purchasing the Natural Dentist products (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $10 in UPRewards for purchasing the Huggies/Scott products (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $5.00 mail-in rebate for the Natural Dentist mouthwash
Saved with Coupons: $10.80
Saved with Sales: $13.12
Also bought but forgot to picture: 6 Yoplait Simplait yogurt cups
I split this into two transactions because the Del Monte fruit was part of a deal that printed a catalina coupon (one of those coupons that prints at the register) and I wanted to use it right away. So I bought the fruit first and then used the $4 coupon towards the rest of the items I purchased.
I kind of got a little burned on the yogurt. I only had coupons for 5 of them but decided to purchase the 6th one since there is a Saving Star coupon for $0.40 when you buy 6 Yoplait yogurts. Well, since I was using a rain check to purchase them, the cashier entered them manually just as a misc. grocery item instead of adjusting the price for the item. Which means that Saving Star will have no way of knowing I actually purchased the yogurt and so I ended up paying for one of them. Not a big deal but still annoying since I only bought the yogurt since it was free. I typically make my own yogurt and we like it so much better than the store bought. Although I have to admit that the Yoplait Simplait isreally good for store bought yogurt!
- 2 Eight O’clock Coffee $5.99 total (on sale Buy One, Get One Free)
- Pompeian Olive Oil 8 oz. $1.99
- 6 Yoplait Simplait yogurt cups $0.50 each (bought with rain check)
- 9 Del Monte canned fruit $1.00 each
- Two $1.50/1 Eight O’Clock coupons from inside coffee bags used previously
- $1 Pompeian printable coupon
- Two Yoplait Simplait free product coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (took off $0.50 each)
- Three $0.30 Yoplait Simplait coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (doubled to $0.60 each)
- $4 catalina coupon that printed when I purchased the Del Monte fruit
Sharp Shopper: $23.32
If I can, I like to stop by Sharp Shopper when I’m in the area. It is a local discount grocery store and often I can find dairy products, juice and sometimes meat for really good prices. I haven’t seen cheese this cheap in a long time and so I decided to get 2 bags. I divided it into freezer boxes and froze it. I’m thinking it should last me a couple of months. And I bought the orange juice because we were having some family stay here for about a week. I thought it would be nice to serve them oj at breakfast and for $0.99/jug why not?
- 3 Orange Juice $0.99 each
- 2 Polly-O Ricotta cheese (7 oz.) $0.79 each
- Cilantro $0.79
- 2 Cheddar Cheese (5 lb each) $8.99 each
I had to run to Aldi to get a few things that my mother-in-law wanted so I decided to grab some bananas while I was there
- Bananas @ $0.44/lb.