Weekly Spending Summary (9/24-9/30)
Had a fun week of shopping this week. The great thing was I actually made $9.50 on some of the things that I purchased. Who doesn’t love getting paid to shop?
Total Spent: $27.94
Total Saved with Coupons: $22.16
Total Saved with Sales: $35.46
Total Saved: $57.62
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $0.67
Saved with Sales: $0.20
I have a gift card that we got through one of our credit card rewards programs that I used to pay for this purchase. My cost was $2.52. Loved making money on my favorite razors again!
- Thermacare Wrap $3.79
- Gillette Venus razor $6.99
- $4.00 Gillette coupon
- $4.46 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register)
- $3.79 Extra Bucks coupons for purchasing the Thermacare (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $5.00 Extra Bucks coupons for purchasing the Venus (can use on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $21.49
Saved with Sales: $17.16
I bought a discounted Rite Aid gift card online several weeks ago (saved 6%) and I used it to pay for this purchase which was $0.48.
After coupons and sales I made money on each of the items pictured above- $7.50 total. Can’t say I mind that!
- 2 Crest toothpaste $2.99 each
- 2 Brach’s candy corn $1.00 each
- Bayer Contour Meter $9.99
- 2 Stayfree pads $2.00 each
- $1/2 Crest coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon insert
- $1.50/2 Brach’s printable coupon
- $10 Bayer Contour coupon from Rite Aid coupon booklet found in store
- Two $2/1 Stayfree coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $5 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $5.98 in UPRewards for purchasing the Crest (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Brach’s (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $5.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Bayer meter (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Stayfree (can use on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Sales: $18.10
Also purchased approx. 3 lb. chicken thighs that I forgot to picture.
Typically I find this grocery store to be a bit higher priced but when I saw that they had butter on sale for $1.88/lb. I decided to go this week. And it’s only about a mile from the CVS and Giant that I shop at anyway.
I froze most of the butter and will just continue to use it as I need it. With the holidays approaching I know that I’ll use more of it than usual. I was also excited to find chicken thighs marked down to $0.99/lb.- they needed to be sold by the next day. They were also hormone and additive free. Yay for saving on meat!
Oh, I about forgot to mention that the peanut butter rang up incorrectly. I can’t even remember what it was supposed to be but I’m thinking $3 something. I called the store today (their sales run Wed. to Wed.) and they said to bring it in and they’d figure it out and give me my money back.
- 10 Butter $1.88 each
- Surefine Peanut Butter $6.19
- Chicken Thighs for $0.99/lb.
I typically don’t use bought baby cereal but instead make my own instant oatmeal. But my sister-in-law had a bunch that she got free and it was more than she could use so I decided to take advantage of it when she offered it to me.
Add a Comment