Confession: 5 Un-Frugal Things I Did in the Last Week
I’m pretty suspicious that because of the money saving nature of this blog, some of you have the impression that I am some kind of superwoman who just always does things incredibly frugal. I’m also suspicious that some of you think that I never waste or blow money. That’s one of the down sides of only knowing someone online. You don’t see everything about them. And so, just to keep things real around here, I thought I’d share five un-frugal things I did in the last week- which cost me around $12 all told. (And yes, I’m sure there were more but these were the five that came to mind immediately.)
- Let 1 lb. mushrooms, 1 1/2 bunches celery, and 1 c. crushed pineapple spoil.
- Missed return date for Children’s Place shirt that didn’t fit my son.
- I had a whole 45 days to take it back but somehow never got it done.
- Missed out on doing multiple moneymaking Venus razor deals at CVS
- I was really sad because I love Venus razors. For some reason I assumed that the deal was limited to 1 per customer and it was not.
- Bought ice cream, brought it home and promptly forgot about it for 45 min. No, we aren’t fond of ice cream soup. Nor of thawed and refrozen ice cream.
- Used my dryer multiple times instead of hanging laundry out just because I didn’t feel like taking the time to do it.
Rest assured, I’m not superwoman and I never will be. And I’m okay with that.
Sometimes it’s easy to be hard on ourselves and feel like we need to do it all. But really, it’s okay. We can’t do it all and wewill mess up sometimes. I think it’s important that we extend grace and give ourselves space to not always do things perfectly- especially in this thing of trying to save money. Yes, it’s a good thing to save, but life will not end if we sometimes “waste” $12!