Weekly Spending Summary (9/9-9/15)
My sister-in-law got married on Saturday and because of that the last couple of weeks have been a bit busy. This morning as I was working on this past week’s Spending Summary I realized that this one was still sitting in my drafts folder. Oop!
I spent a lot this week as you’ll notice below mostly because I bought a bunch of apples to make into applesauce.
Total Spent: $155.66
Total Saved with Coupons: $25.52
Total Saved with Sales: $30.71
Total Saved: $56.23
Saved with Coupons: $2.49
Had to get a rain check for the other items I wanted to purchase…
- Hershey’s Simple Pleasures Chocolates $0.67
- Clear Shampoo $2.49
- $2.49 Clear shampoo coupon via email from CVS
- $0.67 in Extra Bucks coupons for purchasing the Hershey’s Simple Pleasures (can use on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $4.74
Saved with Coupons: $16.25
Saved with Sales: $16.19
The Lysol was a moneymaker of $0.42, the Stride gum was free, the Crest was free, the socks cost $1 and the frisbee and candles were really inexpensive.
Actually my out of pocket was $1 more than what you see above but I’m putting the cost of the socks in our clothing budget. My 4 yr. old spotted the frisbee in the clearance bin and it didn’t have a tag on it. So we asked and they said $0.50. I figured that was some cheap fun! I plan to use the candles as gifts.
- 2 Stride gum $1.00 each
- 2 Lysol Power and Free Cleaners $2.79 each
- Crest Pro-health Rinse $0.99 (bought with rain check and had the UPRewards amount earned with purchase deducted)
- No Nonsense Women’s Socks 3 pack $4.99
- No Nonsense Women’s Socks 2 pack $0.99
- Wacky Noodle $0.50
- 2 Candles $0.32 each
- Frisbee $0.50
- $0.25 Stride Rite Aid Video Values coupon
- Buy One Get One Free Stride printable coupon ($1.00 value)
- Two $1 Lysol printable coupons
- $3/2 Lysol Rite Aid Video Values coupon
- $1 Crest coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $10.00 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $1 UPReward for purchasing the Stride gum (can use on next purchase of any item)
- Two $1 UPRewards for purchasing the Lysol (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $5 UPRewards for purchasing the No Nonsense socks (can use on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $6.78
Saved with Sales: $14.52
I haven’t been able to get inexpensive cereal for a long time so I was excited to see this deal at Weis- I paid $0.30/box after coupons! We usually eat homemade granola or homemade grape-nuts for breakfast because it is less expensive and much healthier but occasionally for a fun treat we’ll eat bought cereal. I also like to have bought cereal on hand for when we have guest since I realize not everyone is used to or really cares for granola and grape-nuts.
The Progresso Recipe Starters and Old El Paso Taco Seasonings were free after coupons.
- 2 Five Pound Bags of Potatoes $4.99 total (on sale for Buy One, Get One Free)
- Golden Grahams $1.49
- Cheerios $1.49
- 2 Total $1.49 each
- Snuggle Fabric Softener $2.50
- Progresso Recipe Starters $1.25
- 2 Old El Paso Taco Seasonings $0.79 each
- $1/2 General Mills cereal printable coupon
- Two $1 Total printable coupons
- $0.50 Snuggle coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (doubled to $1.00)
- $0.50 Progresso Recipe Starters printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $0.50 Old El Paso product printable coupon (doubled to $0.89 each)
Will Get Back:
- $0.50 Saving Star credit for purchasing the Progresso Recipe Starter
- $0.50 Saving Star credit for purchasing the Cheerios
- $0.75 Saving Star credit for purchasing the Golden Grahams
Just a bunch of things I needed from one of my favorite stores! Seriously, you can’t beat their prices.
- 2 Sugar (4 lb.) $2.29 each
- Canola Oil $2.69
- 4 Flour Tortillas $0.99 each
- Heavy Whipping Cream $1.89
- 2 Brown Sugar (2 lb.) $1.39 each
This was for:
- $63 for 4 1/2 bushel of apples that we made into applesauce
- $20 for money to buy milk from a local farm
- $20 for cash to use for produce at market etc.
- $21.72 for a discounted Rite Aid gift card that I purchased online- I saved 6% off the actual gift card value