Tasty Tuesday: Herb Roasted Chicken with Veggies (a 10 minute dinner)

I recently discovered this recipe and loved it right away.  It’s all the things a recipe should be: easy, healthy, inexpensive, and beautiful!  Seriously, it takes all of about 10 min. (at most) to throw together and it looks and tastes amazing.

The first time I served it, my husband made wowing comments as soon as he saw it.  And after he ate it, he declared that we can definitely make this a regular dish around here!  I didn’t argue.  Oh and you really should know that he is not a “food guy” so if a dish gets big compliments I know it is really good!

So here’s the recipe:

Herb Roasted Chicken
5 Chicken Thighs (or whatever pieces you want to use)
1 Onion, cut into chunks
3 Red Potatoes, cut into chunks
1 Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into chunks
6 Tbsp. melted butter
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley (I used dried)

Place chicken and vegetables in greased 9 x 13 baking dish.  Melt butter and add remaining ingredients to it.  Pour over chicken and vegetables.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hrs.

Recipe Slightly Adapted from Hopeful Things.

Tags: , , | Categories: Recipes, Tasty Tuesday

Back To The Thrifty Frugal Mom
  1. by Hope Helmuth

On August 23, 2012 at 8:23 am

So glad to find you here. I love seeing recipes shared and used. I will be back looking for more ways to be thrifty. Blessings to you.

2. by Rene@BargainHoot

On August 23, 2012 at 10:39 am

This looks so good!! I love that it’s all in one dish!!

3. by Rosanna

On September 14, 2012 at 8:11 am

This looks delicious and easy! Do you bake it uncovered? Can’t wait to try it!

4. by Lydia Beiler

On September 14, 2012 at 10:12 am

Rosanna, good question! I’ve done it both ways but I’ve found that baking it covered seems to work best. If it’s uncovered the whole time the potatoes get a bit too crispy. Guess if you like really crispy potatoes it’s not a problem. :)

5. by Rosanna

On September 16, 2012 at 11:48 am

Made this for Sunday lunch, and we all loved it! I baked it covered, and then right before serving I turned the broiler on for a minute to give the chicken a little more color.

6. by Lydia Beiler

On September 17, 2012 at 9:26 am

Rosanna, glad to know you liked it. Thanks for stopping back and letting me know…I love feedback! And aren’t you just brilliant using the broiler? Great idea- going to try it myself next time.

7. [...] Herb Roasted Chicken; Candied Ginger Carrots (cut back on ginger); 100% Whole Wheat Homemade Bread; Homemade Apple Butter; Homemade Applesauce [...]