Weekly Spending Summary (8/5-8/11)
Whew! I spent a lot this week mostly due to getting peaches to freeze. I am so busy with canning and freezing that I feel like I’m getting terribly disorganized! I keep misplacing things and my desk looks like a mini hurricane went through. Well, that is always a problem area actually, but it’s worse than usual. This week I made zucchini relish and plan to can another bushel of peaches the end of the week so it’s not looking hopeful to have time to get organized again. One of these days it will happen!
Total Spent: $98.54
Total Saved with Coupons: $50.03
Total Saved with Sales: $21.51
Total Saved: $71.54
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $27.00
Saved with Sales: $12.48
- 3 Pampers $8.99 each
- 2 Puffs Tissues $1.50 each
- $4/$20 Baby purchase (CVS coupon from Red coupon machine in store)
- $5/$25 purchase (CVS coupon from Red coupon machine in store)
- $1/3 Puffs purchase (CVS coupon from Red coupon machine in store)
- $17 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register)
- $10 Extra Bucks coupons for purchasing $30 of select products (can use on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $20.59
Saved with Sales: $9.03
A few things about this purchase. I did 3 transactions so that I could use the catalina’s I bought right away. I just was afraid I would lose them since life is rather busy right now.
I bought the Glade at Giant instead of Rite Aid since it was printing a $1 catalina coupon turning it into a moneymaker. I was really disappointed though because it only printed ONE catalina instead of three. I called the catalina company and they said only 1 coupon will print per transaction. Blah. Okay, so it was still free. Just disappointed that I didn’t get to make money on them. But hey, I can’t complain right?
I bought the Truvia for my Dad who is diabetic. I like to have something like that on hand for when he comes. I only paid $0.59/box. which is a great price! The milk? Well, the Mister forgot to stop and get milk from the local dairy that we purchase milk from on his way home from work. We were pretty much out so I bought this small bottle to get us through the weekend. Hate buying store bought milk. Don’t like the taste, it’s not half as good for you, and it’s way more expensive than what we pay otherwise.
Oh and about the ice cream. The Mister’s extended family was together last weekend for a reunion. I was to take some ice cream so I got 3 boxes of Giant brand ice cream for that. It never got on a picture because I bought it and took it directly to the reunion. So put your imagination to good use! And if you ever buy Giant brand ice cream, try their peanut butter chocolate pretzel. It is absolutely scrumptious!
- 3 Glade Expressions $3.00 each
- 3 Giant Brand Ice Cream $2.50 each
- 2 Truvia Sweetener $3.59 each
- 2 Purex UltraPacks $4.59 total (on sale Buy One Get One Free)
- Milk $1.09
- Three $3 Glade printable coupons
- Two $0.75 Truvia printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- Purex FREE product coupon from manufacturer ($4.59)
- $1.00 Catalina coupon that printed when I purchased the Glade products
- $4.00 Catalina coupon that printed when I purchased the Truvia products
- $1.00 Catalina coupon that printed when I purchased the Glade products (used in a second transaction)
- $4.00 Catalina coupon that printed when I purchased the Truvia products (used in a second transaction)
It’s the time of year when I’m doing lots of freezing and canning. Got the peppers to make zucchini relish. I have my own homegrown green peppers but wanted some colored ones to add well, color. The orange juice concentrate was for making fruit slush and I go through lots of sugar when I preserve fruit so I stocked up again.
One thing to note. Never assume that bigger packages are less expensive. Walmart had two different bags of sugar. One was the 4 lb. bags pictured above which say granulated sugar the other were 5 lb. bags that said pure cane sugar which is just a fancy way of saying sugar if I’m not mistaken. And the 5 lb. bags were several cents a lb. more expensive! It pays to do some quick math and it helps to keep a calculator handy.
- 2 Sugar 4lb. $2.24 each
- Peppers $1.68
- 2 Orange Juice Concentrate $1.08 each
Sharp Shopper: $6.42
The Mister loves lemonade and since I rarely get it made I thought I’d splurge and get him some. The bananas were the fruit slush mentioned above and the beef summer sausage? Well, it was a great price and I thought it would be great for a Sunday supper.
- Bananas $2.89
- Simply Lemonade $0.99
- Beef Summer Sausage 11 oz. $0.99
Beilers Fruit Farm: $31.75
- $3.25 for doz. corn
- $28.50 for peaches (1 bu.)
The Mister stopped on his way home from work at a local orchard and got me 1 bushel of peaches (which I forgot all about taking a picture of until I had them cut up). He also decided he was in the mood for sweet corn and grabbed a dozen (which I also forgot about taking a picture of). I sliced the peaches up, added orange juice concentrate and sugar and then put them in freezer boxes and froze them. The sweet corn we ate fresh and wow, it was good.
This was for numerous things including the bulk food items you see above, the bushel of tomatoes pictured, several gallons of milk (not pictured), and some extra cash for purchasing produce at local stands. The zucchini was from a generous friend who had more than she knew what to do with. And the jar pictured above is crushed pineapple that my mother-in-law gave me. She had gotten a gallon sized can of it for something and couldn’t use up all the leftovers.
The tomatoes are from a local farm. They sell them for $3 a half bushel. They are canning tomatoes which means that many of them have cracks or small blemishes on them but they are fine otherwise. I made these into tomato juice and we also ate a few fresh too.
This was actually from last week but I couldn’t find my receipt when I went to do my weekly spending summary then. So I just added it to this week.
I used a gift card earned through a previous Target promotion to pay for this purchase. All the items pictured above were free after coupons and promotions. In fact, the Suave was a moneymaker of $0.34!
- 4 Suave Kids Body Wash $1.79 each
- Papermate Pens $0.94
- Two $0.75/2 Suave printable coupons
- Two $1.00 Target Suave printable coupons
- $0.94 Target Papermate printable coupon
- $5 Target gift card for purchasing the Suave products