Weekly Spending Summary (7/22-7/28)
Finally getting my weekly spending up for last week. Summer is always such a busy time! We’ve been busy having birthdays, freezing some green beans, going to weddings and lots of other fun things too. But that is not why you stopped by my blog. You stopped by to read about my spending…so read on.
Total Spent: $33.96
Total Saved with Coupons: $28.00
Total Saved with Sales: $19.84
Total Saved: $47.84
Saved with Sales: $0.58
Oops! I guess I forgot to take a picture of this! I hadn’t planned to even go to Giant at all but I was making a cake for my son’s birthday and realized I had no parchment paper so I had to run get some. Then I decided to get the pretzels to make Homemade Ranch Pretzels for his party too.
Just wanted to point out that I used absolutely no coupons for this transaction and just happened to get lucky that pretzels were on sale…although not by much. Yes, I do sometimes just buy things spur of the moment. But whew, I’ll admit the almost $9 bill for just those three things about made me gasp.
- Reynolds Parchment Paper $2.79
- 2 Sourdough Pretzels $3.00 each
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $28.00
Saved with Sales: $19.26
I am still using that gift card that I purchased at a discount online to pay for my Rite Aid purchases which is why my total was $0. This was a fun week at Rite Aid! It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do so well! After coupons and sales, I paid $1 each for the Oreos, $4.49 for the Pampers, $4.83 for the Scott, and the rest was free!
- Crest $2.99
- Stayfree $3.00
- 2 Extra Gum $1.00 each
- Pampers $9.49
- Scott Tissue $7.83
- 2 Oreos $3.00
- St. Joseph Aspirin $5.99
- $1.00 Crest coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $2.00 Stayfree coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $0.50/2 Extra printable coupon
- $0.50 Extra coupon from All You magazine
- $3.00 Pampers catalina coupon (coupon that prints at the register)
- $1.00 Scott coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1/2 Oreo coupon from Rite Aid Video Values
- $1/2 Oreo printable coupon
- $19.00 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2 in UPRewards for purchasing the Crest (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $1 in UPRewards for purchasing the Stayfree (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $2 in UPRewards for purchasing the Pampers (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $2 in UPRewards for purchasing the Scott (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $2 in UPRewards for purchasing the Oreos (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $5 in UPRewards for purchasing the St. Joseph’s (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $2 Single Check Rebate on the St. Joseph’s
Kauffman’s Fruit Farm: $9.51
I freeze a lot of veggies and fruit and LOVE these freezer boxes. They are way cheaper than using freezer bags because you can use them over and over and over.
- 3 packages Pint Freezer Boxes (5 ct.) $2.99 each
I recently had a reader take issue with the fact that she didn’t think we eat enough fruits and veggies and it made me realize that I’ve done poorly showing just what all we do eat. I often buy fresh fruit and veggies with cash and then just list what I bought under this misc. section and don’t bother showing pictures. Well, I’m going to try to do better which is why this week you see lots of pictures here. So here’s the breakdown.
- $1.99 For Kleenex bought through Shopathome from Drugstore.com as one of Shopathome’s Daily Deals. I will get the full $1.99 back via Shopathome.
- 5 dozen eggs from a local farm for $1.10/doz. (paid with cash)
- Pepper and 3 zucchini from our “garden”!! (paid with cash)
- 2 other zucchini from generous friends (paid with cash)
- 1/2 peck peaches from local orchard for $5.50 (I think) (paid with cash)
- $16.50 for milk money. We get our milk from a local dairy for $2.00/gal.
My husband was doing our bookwork and informed me that I incorrectly entered something from our grocery budget. At least it was in my favor!