Weekly Spending Summary (7/8-7/14)
For the first time in weeks I got absolutely nothing free after coupons and sales. But I still was able to get a few good deals and some things that I needed.
Total Spent: $18.43
Total Saved with Coupons: $5.40
Total Saved with Sales: $4.08
Total Saved: $9.48
Saved with Coupons: $3.90
Saved with Sales: $3.58
Although we don’t eat a lot of chips I do like to have them on hand for picnics and for the occasional times that we do want them around. The cottage cheese was a great price (just $1.00 after coupons/sales) and the tuna was too ($0.39/can). I’ve found that I can often get canned tuna for free or at least very inexpensively. It’s a great way to get some seafood into your diet without paying lots of money.
- Lays Potato Chips $2.50
- 4 Bumble Bee Tuna $0.89 each
- Daisy Cottage Cheese $2.00 (with rain check)
- $0.55 Lays printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $1/2 Bumble Bee printable coupons
- $0.45 Daisy coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (doubled to $0.90)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $1.50
Saved with Sales: $0.50
I almost always can get soap for free but lately haven’t seen that many deals for it. And since my hubby was almost out of soap I decided that it was worth paying $0.50 for this.
- Zest soap $2.99
- $0.50 Zest coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1.00 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Zest (can use on next purchase of any item)
I love Aldi. Good products and great prices. Just stopped by to stock up on some of the usual things that I buy there.
- Spinach $1.69
- 2 Flour Tortillas $0.99 each
- Sugar 4lb. $2.29
- Salsa $1.69
- 3 Black Beans $0.59 each
- Corn Chips $0.99
- Bananas $1.85
- Plates $1.89
I returned an item at Giant that I had purchased earlier.