Weekly Spending Summary (7/1-7/7)
I really didn’t do all that much shopping this week but I still spent a lot thanks to my trip to my favorite local bulk food store. The deals just haven’t been that amazing and so I’ve been trying to work at using up some of the stockpile I have in my freezer and cupboards. It feels good to be making a dent there and it also helps keep down food waste which is a good thing!
Total Spent: $68.77
Saved with Coupons: $13.00
Saved with Sales: $11.75
Total Saved: $24.75
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $13.00
Saved with Sales: $11.06
I used a gift card I had purchase online several weeks ago at a discounted price to pay for this purchase which was $2.03.
Hit Rite Aid again this week to get all of the items you see for free after coupons/promotions. I was especially happy about the free shampoo since that is getting harder and harder to find.
- 2 Prell Shampoo $2.00 each
- Oral B Toothbrush $2.99
- Crest Toothpaste $2.99
- 2 Soft Scrub $2.50 each
- Two $1 Prell coupons from the Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1.00 Oral B coupon from manufacturer
- $1.00 Crest coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- Two $1 Soft Scrub coupons from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $7 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $2.00 in Rite Aid Single Check Rebates for purchasing the Prell
- $1.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Oral B (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $1.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Crest (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $2.00 in UPRewards for purchasing the Soft Scrub (can use on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Sales: $0.69
I wouldn’t have typically gone to Giant just for this one item but we were out of ketchup and Giant is right beside Rite Aid, which I was walking to anyway.
- Hunts Ketchup $1.00
Centerville Bulk Foods: $67.77
Went to my favorite local bulk food store and stocked up. Because of the old style cash register that they use, it’s kind of hard to get you prices for everything but here’s a bit of an idea of what I paid for different items:
- Oatmeal $0.56/lb.
- Brown Sugar $0.71/lb.
- Raw Sugar $0.75/lb.
- Raisins $1.95/lb.
- Brown Rice $0.57/lb.
- Raw Wheat Germ $0.69/lb.
- Bananas $0.44/lb.
- Butter $1.79/lb.
I also got 9 lb. of fresh whole chicken legs for $1.09/lb. I cut them up and put them in the freezer.
I stopped by my favorite produce stand and picked up the following:
- 1 doz. ears corn $2.50
- 1 peck new red potatoes $1.75
- 5 doz. eggs $1.10/doz.
Several weeks ago I had gotten some cash out of the bank to use for purchases like this and so that is what I used to pay for these things. I am blessed to live in an area that is full of great produce stands with lots of wonderful fresh fruits and veggies for generally incredibly good prices.