Weekly Spending Summary (6/17-6/23)
Whew, I did a lot of shopping this week! But amazingly, I didn’t spend that much. And amazingly it didn’t feel like I did extra shopping either. I’m not sure why that was other than maybe it was because I did most of it in one afternoon. I’m very fortunate to have CVS, Aldi and Giant all within 1/2 mile of each other, two Rite Aids within walking distance and two Weis stores not far away. Sure helps me not use up too much time when I do my shopping!
Total Spent: $45.51
Total Saved with Coupons: $46.12
Total Saved with Sales: $34.34
Total Saved: $80.46
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $10.12
Saved with Sales: $5.96
Recently I had to return an item to CVS and received a money card instead of cash. I used that money card to pay for this purchase and the total was a whopping $0.24!
I’ve been wanting to try a more natural deodorant so when I saw that I could actually make money by purchasing Tom’s deodorant this week I was pretty excited!
And just a little plug in here for inexpensive iron tablets. If you are to be taking an iron supplement, ask your pharmacist to order it for you. It is a lot cheaper than just buying even the store brand off the shelf. The brand I get is Gerricare and when I worked as a pharmacy technician this is what we used for prescriptions that were written for iron.
- 2 Tom’s of Maine Deodorant $3.19 each
- 2 Gain Dish Soap $0.99 each
- Iron Tablets 100 ct. $1.99
- $2.50 Tom’s coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1/2 Gain coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $6.62 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register)
- $2.00 in Extra Bucks for purchasing the Tom’s (can use on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $6.00
Saved with Sales: $3.00
I had purchased a gift card at a discounted rate online that I used for this purchase. My total was $2.97.
I haven’t shopped at Rite Aid for probably close to a month but I had some UPRewards that needed to be used up and I can always use more free toothpaste. I can get free toothpaste often enough to keep my in-laws (a household of 9) and ourselves supplied regularly and I even occasionally give some to friends as well! That’s what you can do when you aren’t a brand snob.
- 3 Colgate Toothpaste $2.99 each
- $1.00 Colgate printable coupon
- $1/2 Colgate coupon from the Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $4.00 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $7.50 in UPRewards for purchasing the Colgate (can use on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $17.50
Saved with Sales: $11.75
Yay for more cheap Magnum bars! This time I paid a total of $0.38 for all four boxes! The Purex detergent came out to just $1.30/package which is an awesome price. The Gold Peak tea was free and is something my hubby will enjoy as a treat. I was in desperate need of Softsoap and was excited to be able to get it for free. (See note below.)
- 2 Purex Detergents $4.59 total (on sale Buy One Get One Free)
- Gold Peak Tea $1.00
- 2 Magnum Ice Cream Bars $2.50 each
- 2 Magnum Mini Ice Cream Bars $3.19 each
- Softsoap $3.50
- Two $0.50 Purex detergent coupons from manufacturer (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $0.50 Gold Tea printable coupon (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $2.00 Magnum printable coupons
- Two $1.50 Magnum printable coupons
- FREE Product Softsoap coupon
- I got this in the mail along with a bunch of other coupons from the manufacturer. I was having trouble printing coupons off the Colgate/Palmolive website and called to let them know. They offered to mail me some coupons instead and sent the FREE product coupon for Softsoap since the coupon I was trying to print was for that.
- Two $2.00 Catalina coupons- received previously for purchasing Magnum bars
- Two $2.00 catalina coupons for purchasing 4 Magnum products (can be used on any future purchase at Giant)
Saved with Coupons: $11.00
Saved with Sales: $ 13.63
Did a spur of the moment run to Weis thinking I would use up some coupons that I have for Free Voskos yogurt. Supposedly from the information on the Voskos website they are to carry it but unfortunately I couldn’t find it. Any ideas where I might?
Anyway, while I was there I got some Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce for just $0.65/bottle. That’s our favorite BBQ sauce but I think I may have just decided to try making my own. I was looking at the label after I got home and realized that the first ingredient is none other than high fructose corn syrup! I was appalled and annoyed. HFCS is something I try to avoid and while I occasionally buy products that have it in them I would not have bought this if I had seen it was the first ingredient.
Okay, so off the bunny trail and back to what I bought. As I was perusing the yogurt section for the Voskos yogurt I noticed that Cabot cheese and Treasure Cave Feta Cheese was on sale and I knew that I had coupons for them. I was pretty happy to get really good prices on both products!
And the chicken. I have this practice of checking out the meat items at Weis because often I will be able to find something marked down for a good price. This time I spotted boneless, skinless, hormone and antibiotic free chicken breasts that were already on sale plus they had $3 instant savings coupons on them! I scarfed up to bags and now am kicking myself that I didn’t just grab the rest. That is a great price for good quality chicken!
- 3 Treasure Cave Feta Cheese $2.00 each
- 2 Sweet Baby Ray BBQ Sauce $2.29 Total (on sale Buy One Get One Free)
- 2 Cabot Cheese 8 oz. $2.00 each
- 2 (1.5lb Bags) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast $5.99 each
- $0.50 Treasure Cave coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1/2 Treasure Cave coupon found inside package
- $1.00 Sweet Baby Rays coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- Two $1 Cabot printable coupons
- Two $3.00 Coupons found on chicken breast packages
Saved with Coupons: $1.50
I had to run into Walmart for a prescription and grabbed these organic carrots while I was there. If you follow me on Facebook you saw the link I posted there for this coupon. Love getting inexpensive organic produce!
- 2 Earthbound Farms Organic Carrots (1 lb.) $1.12 each
- Two $0.75 Earthbound Farms printable coupon
Happy to have spinach once again! We love it in salads and I also love sneaking it into smoothies for a little extra healthiness. And the instant decaf coffee? It’s going to make me a happy lady by showing up in some iced coffee. I really need to share that recipe with you all. SO yummy, refreshing and easy!
- Plastic Wrap $1.49
- Spinach $1.69
- Canola Oil $2.69
- Corn Chips $0.99
- Instant Decaf Coffee $1.99
- Tortillas $0.99
- Sandwich Bags 100 ct. $1.99
Sharp Shopper: $16.07
I was driving right by Sharp Shopper and decided to stop by and see what I could find. Being a discount grocery store you never know if it’s going to be a hit or a miss when you stop. I was pretty happy with the deals I got. Juice is a real treat around here and at this price I thought I’d stock up again. Good thing our freezer has extra space! The cheese I put into smaller portions and froze for when I need it.
- 4 Juice $0.99 each
- 1 Juice $0.50 each
- 2 Lender’s Bagels $0.50 each
- Vanilla 16 oz. $1.59
- 5 lb. Cheddar Cheese $8.99 ($1.80/lb.)