Weekly Spending Summary (6/3-6/9)
Thanks to my favorite bulk food store being open again, I spent quite a bit this week. Read on to get the details.
Total Spent: $57.56
Total Saved with Coupons: $22.00
Total Saved with Sales: $10.30
Total Saved: $32.30
Saved with Coupons: $3.00
Saved with Sales: $0.98
I was going right by CVS on my way to Giant so I decided to stop even though I only was going to purchase these Starbucks Refreshers. I also had a return to do so that made it more worthwhile.
- 2 Starbucks Refreshers $1.50 each
- Two $1.00 Starbucks printable coupons
- $1.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register)
- $1.00 in Extra Bucks for purchasing the Starbucks (can use on next purchase of any item)
Saved with Coupons: $19.00
Saved with Sales: $9.32
Can you believe that I’ve never bought Reddi-whip before? Well, I haven’t. But I love making iced coffee a lot in the summer and thought it would be fun to have the Reddi-whip for when I serve it to guests or for whenever we want a fun little splurge. The Welch’s is for a date night sometime, the Dannon yogurt is to use as starter in my homemade yogurt, and the heavy whipping cream? Well, it was for two strawberry pies that I made. Talk about yum! I can’t stand desecrating a good pie with Cool Whip so to me it is worth the extra money and little bit of effort to use real whipping cream. Not to mention the fact that it is 100% healthier too!
- Welch’s Sparkling Juice $3.00
- Reddi Whip $3.79
- Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat 2 oz. $1.00 each
- Dannon Yogurt $2.65
- 7 Cabot Cheese 8 oz. $1.79 each
- 2 Giant Heavy Whipping Cream $1.49 each
- $1.00 Welch’s printable coupon
- $1.00 Reddi Whip printable coupon
- Five $1.00 Cabot printable coupons
- $1/2 Cabot printable coupon
- Two $4.00 Oscar Mayer catalina coupons (printed when I previously purchased Oscar Mayer lunch meat)
- $3.00 Oscar Mayer catalina coupons (printed when I previously purchased Oscar Mayer lunch meat)
- $3.00 Oscar Mayer catalina coupons for purchasing 4 Oscar Mayer products (can be used on the purchase of any item)
Centerville Bulk Food: $49.01
My favorite local bulk food store was closed for several months and is now back in business! I was so excited to be able to shop there again. I got butter for $1.79/lb., raw sugar for $0.75/lb, raisins, chocolate chips, spices, brown sugar, fresh chicken legs for $1.19/lb., and shredded cheese for $2.27/lb.
I have to confess…remember how I wrote about not paying more than $2/lb. for cheese? And remember how I also hate shredding my own cheese? Well, my hatred of the job won out. See, I’ve been watching for a good deal on shredded cheese for a couple of months and I was finally almost totally out. (I often buy it and freeze it until I’m ready to use it.) I checked the price at this bulk food store and saw it was a bit over $2/lb. and decided that to me it was worth the extra money to buy it pre-shredded even if it did mean going over my usual to-buy price.Add a Comment