Weekly Spending Summary (5/6-5/12)
I did more shopping than I often do this week. Some of my favorite/best deals of the week were:
- FREE Gerber baby food
- FREE Twix bar
- FREE Barilla pasta
- FREE GE lightbulbs
- $0.99 Hillshire Farms Beef Links (15 oz. package)
- FREE Reach floss
- Moneymaking Nivea products
Here is the breakdown of what all I bought at each store.
Total Spent: $60.68
Total Saved with Coupons: $36.99
Total Saved with Sales: $71.05
Total Saved: $108.04
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $3.99
Saved with Sales: $0.93
I’m still using the gift card that I bought from Living Social to pay for my CVS purchases otherwise I would have paid $0.75 for this.
I typically wouldn’t got to CVS just for these items but it wasn’t until I was in the store that I realized I apparently forgot to get the rest of my coupons for CVS together and so I couldn’t do all of the deals I had planned to do. I guess that is what happens when you are busy and constantly distracted and interrupted by two little ones!
- Twix $0.75
- Starbucks Refresher $1.99
- St. Jospeh’s Aspirin $2.00 (bought with rain check)
- $1.99 Starbucks Refreshers coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts (was for one FREE product)
- $2.00 in Extra Bucks (CVS coupons that print at register)
- $0.75 in Extra Bucks for purchasing the Twix (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $2.00 in Extra Bucks for purchasing the St. Joseph’s (can use on next purchase of any item)
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $20.00
Saved with Sales: $15.57
Once again I used the gift card that I purchased online at a discount price to pay for this purchase. Otherwise my out of pocket would have been $2.69.
Yes, I got more almonds. I figured some of you must be amazed at how often I buy them. Simply put, we love them on salads and they a healthy and at this price a relatively inexpensive snack too. We’ve actually been so happy with the flavor of the Blue Diamond brand that I emailed the company recently and told them so. This week I got a thank you letter in the mail from them along with 8 $1/2 coupons!
I don’t typically buy baby food but since buying these was a moneymaker of $1.28 I went ahead and got them. And they are really handy to have on hand for trips when my homemade food is harder to keep the right temp.
- 8 Gerber Baby Foods $1.34 each (on sale for Buy 1 Get 1 Free)
- 2 Blue Diamond Almonds 8 oz. $2.19 each (on sale for Buy 1 Get 1 Free)
- 4 Blue Diamond Almonds 6 oz. $$1.90 each (on sale for Buy 1 Get 1 Free)
- $1/2 Blue Diamond coupon found on package
- Two $1/2 Blue Diamond coupons from manufacturer (see above)
- $18 in UPReward coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register for purchasing specific items)
- $12 in UPRewards for purchasing the Gerber Baby Food (can use on next purchase of any item)
- I actually did two transactions and used $6 of these on my second transaction
Saved with Coupons: $9.00
Saved with Sales: $16.74
I had a gift card that I had earned through a rebate that I used to pay for $7.50 of this purchase.
Loved getting the Hillshire Farms Beef Links for only $0.99 each! (After coupons and sales.) They will make some great easy picnic meals for us. And while $0.99 for Ketchup isn’t a bad price it’s been a long time since I had to pay that much. Other years I was able to get ketchup for free or nearly so and stocked up. So far, I haven’t seen that kind of amazing deal this year. I am picky though and will only buy the ketchup that doesn’t have high fructose corn syrup in it though and am willing to pay more for that.
Oh and the lemon. How could I forget the lemon? I made this super yummy cake for Mother’s day. It was so incredibly good! I subbed part of the flour with whole wheat flour and did 1 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. brown sugar. It turned out beautifully- moist and absolutely scrumptious.
- 4 Hillshire Farms Beef Links $2.25 each (on sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free)
- 2 Hunts Ketchup $0.99 each
- 2 Barilla Pasta $1.00 each
- 2 GE Lightbulbs $0.99 each (bought with rain check)
- Lemon $0.60
- Two $0.55/1 Hillshire Farms printable coupons
- Two $1.50/1 Hillshire Farms printable coupons
- Two $1/1 Barilla Pasta printable coupons
- Two $1/1 GE printable coupons
Saved with Sales: $37.81
I hardly ever shop at Stauffers because while they have a lovely store their prices just typically tend to be high. But I saw their Mother’s Day sale advertised in the newspaper and decided to stop by this week.
We had my husbands family over for dinner on Mother’s Day and so I wanted to have a few special things. I decided to get the sausages to have then as well as the fresh pineapple- something we all love. I also purchased the strawberries to use in a cake I made for our meal. (See more about the cake under Giant deals listed above.)
And I thought it was kind of ironic how after I just got done telling you how we hardly eat snack foods I go and buy 3 bags of chips! I got them for a couple of reasons. In the summer we like to have people over for picnics and chips are just a nice thing to have for that. Also we are planning a trip to Arkansas in a couple of weeks and to save money we try to pack a lot of our food. We always splurge and get chips for when we travel and so amazingly enough, I thought to plan ahead and buy some now!
- 1 lb. Strawberries $1.67
- 6 Butter $1.88 lb.
- 4 Eggs $0.99 each
- 3 Martin’s Potato Chips $1.66 each
- 3 Leidy’s Sausage Grillers 15 oz. $1.99 each
- Pineapple $1.66
Saved with Coupons: $4.00
I ran to Target to get a few other things and figured I might as well do these deals while I was there.
- 3 Reach Floss $0.97 each
- Nivea lotion $4.22
- 2 Nivea creme $0.87 each
- Three $1.00 Reach coupon from Sunday newspaper coupon inserts
- $1/1 Target Nivea coupon from the coupon booklet that came with a Target sample
- $5.00 Target gift card for purchasing select Nivea products
Glenwood Foods: $24.22
This is a discount food store that also carries bulk food products as well. If I am nearby I try to stop because usually I can at least find some good deals on dairy products. This time I got a number of things including peanut butter chips for $0.69/lb., Oscar Mayer lunch meat for $1.89/lb. and several different cheeses for less than $2.00/lb. I also finally found vegetable flakes to use in my Homemade Cream Soup Mix recipe! Oh and I got a bunch of jar lids to use when I can this summer. I do lots of canning- you’ll read more about that when the time comes.Add a Comment