Tasty Tuesday: Easy Egg Stacks
A couple of months ago I spotted this recipe over at Home Joys. It was one of those afternoons when I wasn’t sure what to have for dinner and was feeling totally uninspired. And then I saw this recipe and knew that it was the perfect thing. We love breakfast foods but for sake of time, our breakfasts typically consist of cereal, homemade granola or homemade grape-nuts and so we frequently eat breakfast casseroles, eggs and the like for other meals instead.
These egg stacks have become a favorite of ours and we’ve been eating them probably about once a week. They are the perfect thing for a quick Saturday lunch and not only are they really tasty, they are quite filling too! Our favorite way to eat them is with sauteed mushrooms but we’ve tried other things too and eating them plain isn’t a totally bad option either. I think one of my favorite parts about them is the ooey-gooey browned cheese. See it in the picture? Pure deliciousness!
Anyway, here’s how you make these yummy, easy egg stacks. Try them for yourself.
Easy Egg Stacks
1. Toast bread and place it on a baking sheet
2. Scramble eggs- usually one egg per piece of toast plus 1 extra egg works well- and place on top of toast
3. Top eggs with a bit of cream of mushroom soup- heating the cream soup is probably a good idea ( I use my homemade cream soup)
4. Add any add-ons such as sauteed mushrooms, cooked bacon, ham, pepper etc.
5. Top with a slice of your favorite cheese- a softer cheese like Muenster works really well
6. Broil in oven just until the cheese melts.
Categories: Tasty Tuesday | Tags: