Weekly Spending Summary (3/18-3/24)
Lots of shopping this week. Read on…
Total Spent: $71.12
Total Saved with Coupons: $77.96
Total Saved with Sales: $48.01
Total Saved: $125.97
Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $64.46
Saved with Sales: $28.96
I used the Rite Aid gift card I purchased at a discount online to pay for this purchase. Had I not used the gift card my out of pocket would have been $7.22. I loved getting free body wash again! Actually I made money on it after I get the rebate back. I was out of body wash and for the first time in 2 plus years I spent money for some the other week. Now I have a good stockpile again which feels good!
- 4 Olay Body Washes $8.99 each
- 4 Olay Facial Cleansing Cloths $3.99 each (on sale- half price because I bought with Olay body wash)
- 2 Carefree $1.00 each
- 3 Colgate toothbrushes $0.33 each (bought with rain check…this was the price after the UPRewards was deducted)
- 4 Get Olay Bodywash free when you buy Olay Cleansing Cloths coupons from Sunday newspaper inserts
- Two $3/2 Olay Facial Cleansing Cloths coupons from Sunday newspaper inserts
- Two $1 Carefree coupons from Sunday newspaper inserts
- Two $0.75 Colgate toothbrush printable coupons
- $27 in UPRewards coupons (Rite Aid coupons that print at register)
- $10 UPReward for purchasing Olay products (can use on next purchase of any item)
- Will get back another $10 UPReward for purchasing the Colgate toothbrushes…I had a rain check for them and by buying them I qualified for a monthly UPReward. I will just need to call Rite Aid customer service to get them to issue it for me.
- $15 P&G rebate for purchasing the Olay
Saved with Coupons: $11.50
Saved with Sales: $19.05
My favorite deal hands down at Giant this week was the Heluva Good cheese that I got for $1.00/lb.! I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw that it was on sale for $1.50/8 oz. I knew that I had some $0.50 coupons that would double to $1.00 making it super cheap.
The Hanover veggies were part of a deal where if you bought 6 you got $5 instant savings. Well, I misread the ad and thought it was to print when you bought 5 so I went to customer service and asked about it. She pointed out that you had to buy six but insisted on giving me the $5 in cash anyway. I kind of felt bad but hey, if they insist what are you to do? I offered to go get another bag but she was like, “Oh don’t bother.” The baby was hungry and fussy anyway so it was really nice!
- 2 Eight O’Clock Coffees $2.90 each (on sale for Buy One Get One Free)
- 2 Jello Pudding $0.80 each
- McCormick Instant Recipe Spices $1.00
- KC Masterpiece BBQ $1.79
- Treasure Cave Feta Cheese $2.19
- 2 Heluva Good 8 oz. $1.50 each
- Giant Brand Plain Yogurt $0.49
- 5 Hanover Veggies $1.67 each
- $2/2 Eight O’Clock Coffee printable coupon
- $1 McCormick printable coupon
- $0.50 Treasure Cave coupon from Sunday newspaper inserts (doubled to $1.00)
- Two $0.50 Heluva printable coupons (doubled to $1.00 each)
- $5.50 in Catalina coupons good for any purchase (printed at register previously for purchasing specific products)
- $5 instant savings for buying Hanover veggies (see above)
I returned some powdered milk that I had bought the other week- realized I already had some and didn’t need a whole new box- so that $6 went towards my purchase here. In other words, my out of pocket really was $12.
- 4 lb. Oranges $1.49
- Spinach $1.69
- Saltines $0.89
- Tortillas $0.99
- 2 Corn Chips $0.99 each
- 2 Instant Chocolate Pudding $0.49 each
- 2 Butter $1.99 each
Sharp Shopper: $22.75
My usual little bulk food store is closed due to remodeling and so I decided to stop at Sharp Shopper for the few bulk items I was needing. Ended up finding some great prices on a few other things as well! And just in case you are wondering, I plan to freeze some of the orange juice. It was just too good of a price to pass up!
*Edit* Can you believe that I spilled almost half a jug of orange juice in the fridge one day? Was so annoyed at myself! The only positive part was the fact that it made me clean my fridge which really needed to happen!
- 2 Gal. Orange Juice $1.99 each
- 4 Sour Cream $0.50 each
- 3 Hillshire Farm 5 oz. Deli Meat $0.33 each
- Johnsonville Brats 17.63 0z. $1.99
- Margherita Pepperoni 4.5 oz. $0.99
- Muenster Cheese $2.19/lb
- Raw Sunflower Seeds $2.33/lb
- Cinnamon, Garlic Powder, Oregano $0.89 each
- Occident (bread) Flour $0.60/lb.
Walmart: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $2.00
I had to run to Walmart for a few non-food things and so I grabbed these items too. My hubby’s boss had given us a Walmart gift card at Christmas so I used it to buy these things.
- 2 Texas Toast Croutons $1.36 each
- Neutrogena Hand Cream $2.97
- $1/2 Texas Toast coupon from the Sunday newspaper inserts
- $1 Neutrogena printable coupons
I bought a $20 CVS gift card from Living Social and paid only $5 for it. (The deal was actually pay $10 for a $20 gift card but I had a $5 accont credit and so I was able to save even more. I didn’t post the deal because it was sent to select people and was not supposed to be shared.) $5 was for 5 dozen eggs that my mother-in-law purchased for me at a local farm. The rest is for produce at the local farmer’s market and for milk from a local dairy.
I bought the wrong item at Giant last week and returned it.Add a Comment