Weekly Spending Summary (1/29-2/4)
I did more shopping this week than I typically do. While it’s okay to do that once in a while, I sure wouldn’t want to do it every week! The fun thing was that besides getting some great deals I actually made money (a total of $13.84) on a couple of things.
I should explain. One of the reasons I went to as many stores as I did was because my sweet husband offered to watch the children while I went shopping one night. He knows that doing my deal shopping is almost therapeutic for me. (I know, I’m weird like that!) So since I had a nice chunk of time I decided to go to more stores than normal.
Oh and I had the scary experience of almost losing my coupon binder. If you use coupons you know how heart-stopping that was! After all that’s a lot of coupons which are worth a lot of savings! Anyway, I had gone to Walgreens after I left Giant and when I got there and went to get my chips coupon I realized that I didn’t have it. I tried not to panic, climbed in the car and drove the 1/2 mile to Giant. Thankfully it was still in the exact spot I had left it in the cart!
Total Spent: $36.32
Total Saved with Coupons: $37.00
Total Saved with Sales: $27.96
Total Saved: $64.98
CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $22.20
Saved with Sales: $24.00
As you see above, I used a gift card to pay for this purchase, otherwise my out of pocket expense would have been $29.78. I got the gift card from our credit cards rewards program. (And no, I don’t advocate using credit cards UNLESS you pay them off every month in full, which we do.) I had no Extra Bucks to use on this purchase which really made my out of pocket expense higher.
This was one of my better weeks at CVS in a long time. My two favorite purchases this week at CVS were the Luvs diapers which after all coupons/Extra Bucks came to about $3.24/pack (plus the package of wipes) and the 3 bottles of Advil which I will make $5.53 on after coupons, Extra Bucks and a rebate.
I did this in two transactions, so I’ll divide it accordingly.
- 4 packages Luvs Diapers $6.99 each
- Pampers Wipes $3.00
- $5/30 CVS coupon received via email
- $0.20 Pampers Wipes coupon from newspaper inserts
- $10 Extra Bucks for buying $30 worth of Luvs/Pampers (can use on next purchase of any item)
- Blue Diamond Almonds $2.50
- 2 Dawn Dish Soap $0.98 each
- 2 Children’s Advil $4.49 each
- Infants Advil $4.49
- 3 Hallmark Greeting Cards $0.99 each
- $1.00 Blue Diamond coupon from Sunday newspaper insert
- Two $2.00 Advil coupons found on package
- $1.00 Advil printable coupon
- $1/2 Dawn coupon from Sunday newspaper insert
- $10 Extra Bucks from transaction #1
- $4.00 Extra Bucks for purchasing $12 worth of Advil products (can use on next purchase of any item)
- $3.00 Extra Bucks for purchasing 3 Hallmark greeting cards (can use on next purchase of any item)
- Will also get a $10 rebate for purchasing the Advil (mail in rebate found in the 1/29 Sunday newspaper inserts)
Rite Aid: $0.69
Saved with Coupons: $11.00
Saved with Sales: $1.30
I don’t normally go to a store if I only can get one good deal but this one was too good to pass up and I was going right by the store anyway so I decided to stop. I will make $8.31 on this after coupons and a rebate. That definitely paid for my 5 minutes spent in the store!
- Brainstrong Children’s Gummies $11.69
- $2.00 Brainstrong printable coupon
- $8.00 Rite Aid Video Values coupon
- $10.00 Rite Aid Single Check rebate (will get in the mail)
Saved with Coupons: $2.00
Saved with Sales: $1.98
- 2 Kettle Chips $2.00 each
- $1.00 coupon from Sunday newspaper inserts
- $1/2 coupon in Walgreen’s February coupon booklet
Saved with Coupons: $1.80
Saved with Sales: $0.68
I was planning to purchase a few other things as well but once I got there I realized my coupons didn’t match up with the items like I had thought so I ended up just getting these 3 things.
- 2 Texas Toast Croutons $1.25 each
- Treasure Cave Feta Cheese $2.49
- $1/2 Texas Toast coupon from Sunday newspaper inserts
- $0.40 Treasure Cave printable coupon (doubled to $0.80)
- Black Beans $0.55
- Bananas $0.44/lb
- 2 Baby Carrots $0.59 each
- 3 lb Tangelos $2.99
- Canola Oil $2.69
- Powdered Milk $5.99
- White Vinegar $0.99
- 2 lb.Brown Sugar $1.49
- Corn Chips $0.99
Creekside Foods (bulk food store): $12.48
I bought chicken and beef bouillon, unflavored gelatin and raw wheat germ.Add a Comment