10 Helpful Websites and Apps for Your Walt Disney World Vacation
Walt Disney World is an exciting destination any time of the year. Frequent visitors and first timers can maximize their time in the parks thanks to many helpful websites that can assist in vacation planning. Here are a 5 helpful sites that contain a wealth of information along with a few free and affordable apps that you will want to download before you go.
- Get the lay of the land before you go using the Walt Disney World property map. This helpful resource allows you to see resorts and parks to help you plan your time on the property.
- Once you’ve figured out which parks you’ll be visiting, plot your day with this well designed spreadsheet from Mama of all Trades.
- Then order free customized Walt Disney World maps. Customized maps will be sent to your home prior to your trip. Older children will love plotting which parts of the park to visit first in order to hop on popular rides early in the day and younger visitors will enjoy having their own version of park maps as trip keepsakes.
- Worried about food allergies in your family and where to eat? Confessions of an IT Girl provides helpful tips making it easy to find meals that family members with food allergies can enjoy while at the Disney parks.
- Caffeine addicts who will need to fuel up with coffee in order to make it through late nights of fireworks at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom will be pleased to know that Starbucks is coming to Disney Parks this June. For park locations, visit Disney Parks Blog to learn where to find your venti caramel macchiato or favorite Frappucino.
Before you go, visit iTunes or the Android Marketplace to find free helpful apps that can also assist you in maximizing your park time while you are at the parks. Here are 5 useful apps that are available at minimal cost or for free:
- PixieTime (free) provides park hours for Walt Disney World parks.
- PixieResorts (free) is fast and easy way to locate resort information including locations, rates and list of amenities.
- Plan which rides to hit next using Disney World Wait Times (free).
- Plot out your next dining adventure with Disney World Dining ($1.99).
- Kids and adults alike will have fun searching for Hidden Mickeys located throughout the park. Turn your search for Hidden Mickeys into a treasure hunt with the Hidden Mickeys ($2.99) app.
A sign in Orlando, FL points to Disney World Resort via Shutterstock