Girl Born Without Blood Called ‘Medical Miracle’

Six-month-old British baby Olivia Norton is being called “a medical miracle” for surviving after being born with virtually no blood.  Parentdish.co.uk reports:

The six-month-old little girl was born completely white because she had such a low count of haemoglobin – the chemical which carries oxygen in red blood cells – that it could not officially be classed as ‘blood’.

She was given less than two hours to live but survived thanks to emergency transfusions which transformed her into a glowing healthy pink colour.

Olivia’s mum Louise Bearman, 31, a barrister’s clerk, told of her shock at giving birth to a ‘ghost white’ baby whose condition was so rare she will now feature in medical text books.

Back To Parents News Now
  1. by Melanie

On April 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I was present for my grandsons birth. He was exceptionaly white, almost crystaline. He “pinked” up right away.

2. by Daisy dee

On May 2, 2012 at 2:35 am

Surely “A MEDICAL MIRACLE”…. wow! doctors..

3. by Angela

On June 22, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Wow, GOD!! HE is Good. this little one hopefully will know Him someday.

4. by Sijai

On June 28, 2012 at 8:48 pm

WOW,Impressive and some very fast transfusions! Best of health and life to this precious little one!

5. by youknow

On September 7, 2012 at 7:31 am

god is a good god and i hope this little child live to know that…that wasn’t a miracle that was a blessing

6. by GodHadNothingToDoWithIt

On October 4, 2012 at 8:28 am

Really? God did it? I mean come on. The Doctors did it.

7. by DeeDee

On November 12, 2012 at 10:40 am

Many years ago, my deceased grandmother told me that she had given birth to a son in the 40′s that was born without blood. She stated that he too was “ghost white” and that the doctors didn’t expect him to live through the night. He lived almost a day before passing. She stated that she was horrified to look at the child due to his color (or lack thereof). I actually thought she had told me a “tall tale” until reading this story. I’m glad that there’s hope for others born with this rare disorder because of modern technology.

8. by Erika the nurse

On January 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm

How lucky we as humans are to be able to intervene in a young life. Who CARES whom or what is responsible… the baby lived! I say be thankful for blood!!

9. by Mike 0rtloff

On January 20, 2013 at 9:17 am

Actually, God created the baby with the disorder, Mankind stymied His will – a sin I thought. But yeah, thanks to a thousand years of inbreeding (I’m thinking royalty here) England has a host of rare genetic diseases, just like the Ashkenazim – those of us from pagan peasant stock, like our mutts and alley cats, don’t have those issues. Imagine a ghost baby or Harlequin born in Africa or Mongolia – no god to save those babies…