Michelle Duggar Miscarries Her 20th Child

After announcing early last month that they were expecting their 20th child, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar learned this week that their pregnancy has ended in a second-trimester miscarriage, PEOPLE.com is reporting.  The couple, who live in Arkansas and chronicle their family’s life on the TLC reality show 19 Kids and Counting, had visited the doctor for a routine scan that would have told them whether they were expecting a boy of a girl. Instead, the doctor was unable to find a heartbeat, and the pregnancy was pronounced a miscarriage.

The Duggars, who are evangelical Christians, plan to learn the baby’s gender, name him or her, and have a funeral service.

From PEOPLE.com:

“I feel like my heart broke telling my children,” says Michelle. “They have all been so excited about this baby and looking forward to April coming around and having a new little one in our arms. That was the most difficult. The Lord is the giver of life and he can choose when that life is ready to go on and be with Him.”

The stars of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting previously weathered a medical ordeal with their youngest daughter, Josie, who was born in December 2009.

This was their second miscarriage; Michelle lost her baby during her second pregnancy. She was taking oral birth control at the time and cites this as one reason the couple together decided to leave the number of children they have “up to God.”

(Image via: http://www.people.com/)

Back To Parents News Now
  1. by Retail Display Case

On December 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also visit my site =). We can have a link trade arrangement between us

2. by Jean Turner

On May 6, 2012 at 1:28 pm

PLEASE take this as a sign….your body is TOO OLD to continue to carry babies to term. DO NOT leave the children you now have. Your death would be the greatest tragedy they have ever experienced and SO unfair and absolutely avoidavle. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! God Bless You!!

3. by debbe

On May 12, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Tubes need to be tied, if cannot for religious purposes then how about having abstience so not to put any more babies in a womb that was over worked, that is tired, that is old. They need to be grandparents now.

4. by debbe

On May 12, 2012 at 1:10 pm

My mother almost died having my baby sister that died with 6 fingers, 6 toes, cleft palate, heart problems. My mom had about 14 pregnancies. This woman and this man do not realize that she can very well die even with all technology hospitals have. They do not realize God can take her from this.

5. by Jill

On June 8, 2012 at 9:28 pm

If this couple decided their first miscarriage was a sign from god to have as many kids as they can, I hope they’re smart enough to understand the second miscarriage is a sign it’s time to stop

6. by Sara

On July 4, 2012 at 12:53 am

These people obviously have a few screws loose. God did not design women’s bodies to be baby factories. God is not goping to tell people how many kids they should have. Instead he has given most people enough common sense to know when to stop along with birth control.

7. by James

On July 16, 2012 at 4:50 am

Time for a vasectomy.

8. by T.J.

On July 24, 2012 at 11:40 am

I do not care how much money one has, no parent has quality time enough for 19 children. You are just making the older children act as sub-parents.
    My parents did this to me and it has DAMAGED the relationships I have with all of my siblings.

9. by Teresa Nelson

On July 26, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Why are you all so negative? This is how they believe and live. Why not be sympathetic (a miscarriage is terrible no matter how many children you have) and support them in their decision to have as many children as God wants them to? She is not a baby factory. She is a Godly woman who loves her children, every one of them. And if you can’t understand how a mother can divide her love between all those children let me tell you: She doesn’t divide it she multiplies it.

10. by mary

On August 8, 2012 at 2:00 pm

i feel bad she had a miscarriage because she was so broken hearted over it but at the same time i dont care what religion you are stop having kids. my family is roman catholic and apparently RCs dont believe in birth control but ummm yeah screw that i have 2 kids and that is more than enough i’ll take my little pill every night before bed thank you very much. then again im athiest so anything “god” related just annoys me

11. by GEORGE C. PERROTTE

On August 17, 2012 at 2:16 am

This story doesn’t even warrant being told. First off who gives a crap about her failed pregnancy, second this idiot should have her tubes tied. 19 years ago she should of learned the art of swallowing instead of becoming a cum dumpster. For them to have a TV show celebrating her wickedness just shows how much todays society is in the gutter. Third is how can her husband even get excited looking at her and that catchers mitt they call a vagina. She must have meat curtains down to her knees. Yum Yum. I hope she loses all of her pregnancies. Who’s going to pay to have her guts tied up so they don’t fall out of that disgusting black hole of a vagina.

12. by Holly

On August 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

My heart goes out to this family who has suffered this unexpected loss. I am very religious myself, and have seen many women among my church suffer a loss. It’s just heart breaking. But they don’t let that bring them down. God has tests and trials in everybody’s life. He won’t put anything in your way you cannot handle. Nobody wants to have to bury their child, born alive, or born still; still born. God creates life for us, and it is totally up to him who he wants in heaven now, or after they’ve lied their life. Their little one is with Jesus now. Hell take care of her.

13. by Marconi Darwin

On August 26, 2012 at 2:44 am

Holly says God creates life for us, and it is totally up to him who he wants in heaven now, or after they’ve lied their life. Their little one is with Jesus now. Hell take care of her.

14. by seriously sickened

On August 28, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Yes its sad when someone has a miscarriage, I’ve had two myself. Besides that though she should be grateful for her other 19 children and just spend time with them. “Here’s your sign lady”… You’re to old and God has blessed you enough, quit being ungrateful. Celebrities these days sicken me.

15. by thomas lewis

On September 1, 2012 at 5:24 am

I’m sure the doctors will tell her all the risk’s and if she’s smart,she will follow his or her advice.They some how make it work,for good or bad they all seem to be happy.Can you imagine if the children all decide to have big families.For a Sunday get together they will have to rent bleacher’s for everyone to sit,it will be like a stage production.

16. by Alicia Myers

On September 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm

My Parents As Teachers educator once told me….”The good people in the world need to keep having children that are well taken care of, loved and educated. Because the bad people in the world won’t STOP having children.”

I am sorry for your loss.

17. by Theresa Trompke

On September 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm

We Can Help You Reach Your Goals!

Ever wonder why you have so many projects that you want to start but never finish? What gets you motivated? Most things in life are simple, it is just a matter of being motivated to get started! Our company does just that. Do you know of 8 people who would be willing to try a new brand of the same product they are currently using? Simply reffer 8 people to shop at our company. They will receive high quality products delivered to their door, $100.00 in free products for being loyal customers and the oppportunity to earn residual income this month and every month. But that is just the beginning, with 8 new customers you will earn a residual income every time they shop. What does that mean for you? With as little as 8 refferals you will be making enough on your monthly check to shop for your products FREE every month! Keep adding customers and watch the residual income grow for a long time. There is NO high start up cost to shop with this world class company, only a one time payment of $29.00 gets you huge discounts for as long as you stay as a prefered customer. It is just like being a member of cosco or netflix…how simple is that. And all the products are guranteed or your money back, no questions asked..even on empty bottles. NO grocery store will do that for you. If you are intersted in learning how to get affordable green products in your home, please visit http://www.prosperitasteam.com/gogreenmakegreen to fill out a form and one of our highly trained executives will contact you and get the information to you. This is going to be the best decision you will make for you family.

18. by KELLY

On September 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm

George, you are evil …not even worth my time to type anymore. What a waste you are. Please remove george’s comments they are a disgrace.

19. by DkKnight593

On September 17, 2012 at 12:21 am

That’s just disgusting. As if 19 wasn’t enough.

I’m not sympathetic at all. She be sterilized.

20. by Heather

On September 17, 2012 at 7:28 am

Her plate is FULL now. There is a message here and it is that she needs to stop tempting fate and enjoying her children that are alive. I personally wonder if having another baby is just a distraction from the bunch she already has…it has got to get crazy. Vasectomy or tubal ligation. Your choice.

21. by sosideirish

On September 26, 2012 at 8:07 am

Should have had her tubes tied years ago. Sorry, NOBODY can give quality time to that many kids. AND, it’s disgusting that this couple is raking in the dough for a show that shouldn’t even be on television. Sure, let’s make millionaires of these morons. I’m so sick of the so-called reality shows!!!

22. by Daniel C.

On September 30, 2012 at 2:10 am

Everyone just shut the FUCK UP! Opinions! I don’t even read stuff on where I stumbled upon it! jeez y’all please get a life!!! STOP criticizing other people. THE END

And a miscarriage is always devasting NO MATTER WHAT RELIGION YOU ARE! From Christian to satanism to atheist! We are all humans and we all feel the same emotions believe it or not. GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY! Keep doing y’all’s show obviously it’s getting a lot of attention! Almost forgot its AMERICA! Isn’t there more issues to worry about then to talk about a family?!?! Ohh yeah once again I forgot its America that’s all we do!

23. by Cassie

On October 1, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Marconi Darwin says: That is a little presumptuous isn’t it? How do you know that kid is not in Hell being sodomized by Satan? Wait a minute, really, how do you KNOW?

There is a thing called ‘age of accountability’ that is mentioned in the Bible. Let me put that in words you can understand. ‘Age of accountability’ means that any child that is not old enough to make their own choices, will automatically go to Heaven.
    Here’s an example: let’s say that a 2 year old is in a car accident with his/her parents and she dies…..that means the 2 year old will automatically go to Heaven while the parents will only go if they’ve been saved.
    Only those who don’t believe…ex. atheist will go to hell. I hope I have made this easy for you to understand.

24. by M.E

On October 7, 2012 at 11:46 am

I feel for her and hope she finds peace after losing her baby. That said, there is no way a family that large can make for good relationships. I am part of a “super family” (oldest of 12), and have had problems my whole life with developing good relationships.

25. by Amanda

On October 8, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Peoples comments on here are sick and twisted! It is people like you that make this earth we live on a bad place! Sure be quick to judge! Point one finger and there are four coming right back to you! How dare ANY of you judge someone’s life!!! You all act perfect like you can say as you please about someone… How about you look at your own life your own demons (so to say)!! All I hear is a bunch of dumb ignorant people!!! Pat yourselves on the back! Good job!! All your words and your judging shows your intelligence!!
    Now about the LOSS that happened here! I hope they all can heal and grieve WITHOUT peoples harsh uneducated words!!

26. by Amber

On October 15, 2012 at 8:53 am

I think she takes better care of all her 19 kids then most people, they take care of one or 2 and have alot of stress,i think she loves all of her kids and so does there dad,they all love each other, and she is a super mom!!!and he is a super dad!!!you can tell from watching there show they all love each other and they do have a relationship with all 19 kids,they all seem happy togeather,and all the kids love each other & there parents that is all that matters!!! the rest of you people making bad comments on them,dont know shit,you only know how to judge others that is all.

& GEORGE C. PERROTTE you need to get a life, you hink your funny, your nothing but i sick loser your so sick!!!!!!!!!! someone block that sicko

27. by Robin H

On October 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Sad for the poor baby. But she was kinda asking for it with the overuse of her womb. Even people in third-world countries without access to birth control don’t have so many babies. I almost feel as if her children are some sort of status symbol. Though, what bothers me most is knowing how many children are in need of adoption. And at one point they had the time and resources to care for them. Looks like at least 15 children are out of a loving home. Indulgent much, no?

28. by SantaLucia

On October 18, 2012 at 9:50 am

It is not about children. It is about fame, it is about the lime light. Pull the plug on the fame. Fame is like a drug. Those people are using their children to keep themselves in the center of attention.
    This is not a parenting, this is a child’s neglect. Per simple mathematics how much parent time can you provide to a child when you have 20 of them and a day has only 24 hours out of which you need to sleep and support other life functions?
    Every child has a right to parent. Those parents are no better then those who leave their spouse with a child and go to live with someone else. These parents always leave their current child and go to the next and next and next..
    leaving the little needy behind

29. by Deb

On October 19, 2012 at 12:45 pm

How lovely this family truly loves each other and wants the best for each other….saves animals and is emotionally and financially healthy. Who knows their motives?
    Perhaps they are on the right track,,,I see that families are a joy and not a huge burden…they share the work…support each other and so what if they make some money through a tv shoe..if we were all honest would we not welcome some extra income in this day and time? Sometimes we are against what we wish we had or what challenges us in a big way to grow more or think differently.
    I celebrate their joy and what I have seen them do and who they are.

30. by Theresa

On October 22, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Work from home with a World Class Health and Wellness Company. We are rated A+ with bbb.com and have many prestigious awards. Build a business to last a lifetime with true residual income. Save money on your every day products while going green! No stocking, selling, or collecting money. Our team will partner up with you, mentor you and train you to make sure you can reach your goals. Healthy homes and successful businesses at home. For free information and for an interview please visit http://www.prosperitasteam.com/gogreenmakegreen today. You will be glad you did.

31. by christy

On October 23, 2012 at 12:11 pm

This show and these people sicken me. They use these children to get fame. Their gigantic house was given to them and now they use this getting pregnant over and over to get fame on this stupid show. It has nothing to do with religion. God doesn’t make women so we can create babies 20 something times. I feel horrible for the baby and all the other children. I wish they would take this show off.

32. by Patrick

On October 24, 2012 at 10:59 am

I don’t agree with their decision to have so many kids. But a miscarriage of a baby, especially one that is unequivocally wanted, is heartrending, and I’m sad that they’ve had to deal with it.

33. by Sara K

On November 3, 2012 at 12:45 am

So… I’m having a hard time telling… Are those of you suggesting she should have her tubes tied or get on birth control pro-life or pro-choice??? Seems to me it’s HER body and HER family and none of YOUR business.

This family was NOT given their house, nor do they receive any government aid. They are godly people living as they believe Scripture tells them to.

Now get off the computer and go spend some time with your own kids!

34. by MAURY LUBMAN

On November 7, 2012 at 7:13 am

I do not think the dUGGARS aRE CELEBRITIES. THEY ARE PEOLE WHO USE THEIR EX ORGANS TO MAKE A LIVING…THEY REALLY REPULSE ME. NO ONE SHOUL DHAVE 20 CHILDREN. YOU CANNOT SHARE YOU LOVE WITH THAT MANY. SHE USES HER VAGINA LIKE A COOKIE CUTTER TO STAMP OUT REPLICAS. nO RATINALIZATION WILL CHANGE MY MIND IN THIS DAY AND AGE.
    . sHE NEEDS TO SEW UP HER FRONT AND HE NEEDS TO HAVE A WEENYECTOMY…now

35. by MAURY LUBMAN

On November 7, 2012 at 7:17 am

I didnt read the entire article…now I see they are “CHRISTIANS” How does this bozo support those children? They like the Hassidics, the super religous Catholics, the AMISH…seem to be having a contest who can knock out the most kids to take over the world.
    Real religious people, would have a few children…and learn to love them dearly…..not gie them names and numbers that they can forget. This is anotehr crazy ness of the BORN AGAINS…who really do not know have to behave…in any way shape or form, although, they can convince you that they are holy people. YES, holes in their heads.

36. by Bill

On November 10, 2012 at 7:41 am

Thank heavens. That women needs to stop popping out kids. can you imagine how stretched out her walls are….

37. by Benjamin Florin

On November 11, 2012 at 3:41 pm

After study just a few of the blog posts in your web site now, and I really like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website listing and can be checking back soon. Pls check out my website as properly and let me know what you think.

38. by Norman Walters

On November 17, 2012 at 11:15 am

Hey Duggars, will your god really hate you if you stop making babies? What will happen to all of your kids if one of you dies suddenly? You seem to have it all under control now, but things can change radically. There is a reason most families don’t have 20 children – have you ever thought about that?

39. by Sam

On November 18, 2012 at 1:22 pm

@Cassie

“atheist will go to hell”
    So even if the atheist lives the best life they can, gives freely, and uses the brain and intellect they possess to try to choose the truth from thousands of religions, they still go to hell, when a scum-sucking murderer can repent on his deathbed and get into heaven? That is one sick god you have there lady.

40. by Chanell rose

On November 19, 2012 at 1:21 am

What is wrong with some of you people!!! It doesn’t matter how many children she has, it’s a loss of a child!!! It took me almost 2 years to have my son & I thank GOD for him every day. I can’t imagine what they must be feeling. You should be praying for them not judging them.

41. by Kristina

On November 27, 2012 at 10:49 am

GOOD! This woman has a deep psychological problem and these children are suffering for it. God did not sanction her willful neglect of 19 children.

42. by Kathryn

On November 28, 2012 at 9:23 am

I have seen this family personally at the state capital. I have never seen more well behaved, well cared for kids. All the children except for the infant daughter at the time wore very nice dresses or suits. You could tell how well cared for and loved they were. I think she’s the only woman in the world that can do it! People believe in God in all sorts of ways. I personally feel it’s up to us and we have the choice but I can understand how they wouldn’t want to impede His plan too.

43. by Crystal Saiz

On December 3, 2012 at 10:53 am

You all are disgusting!! Who says thank goodness to the loss of a child. Wow, everyone is so full of hate and vehement. Let’s hope you never experience such a trajedy and have people bash you for it. It is their right to live this way. They are not in your business or asking you for help. Get over yourself. I hope you people can find a way to get over your hate!

44. by Mellisa

On December 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

Michelle needs to stop trying to make another baby. That is now becoming an obsession. 19 kids is already way too many for a human being to give birth to.

45. by Jennifer

On December 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I believe God has spoken. Wasn’t it the last baby (Josie) who had the problems and where Michelle had problems? And now this miscarriage? It’s like the farmer in Iowa during a flood. As the water rises and the man has to climb to the top of his house, two boats and a helicopter come by. Each time the farmer said “no thank you I’ll put my trust in God.” The man dies and when he arrived in heaven he asks God “Why did you let me down?” to which God responded, “I sent two boats and a helicopter, what more do you want?”

Maybe it’s time to take these two incidents as signs.

46. by nikki

On December 7, 2012 at 3:39 pm

its funny how only the men are the ones commenting on the condition of her vagina.. just goes to show what men care about.. obviously mr duggard likes his wifes vagina since he visits with it often. Maybe the men that are making these comments are gay and dont like vaginas anyway… or just useless P.O.S.. with no hope for getting laid or having kids EVER..

47. by TexNett

On December 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Wow–really?? A miscarriage is a “sign” to stop haveing children??There sure are a LOT of people out there who’ve had miscarriages trying to have children! Esh–grow up people. How many they have is up to them–and they believe, God. They MORE than provide for the ones they have and both the parents are continually around all of their children. They get WAY more love than parents of two children who throw them in daycare. So, stop! All of their children LOVE the fact that they have a large family. The children are respectful, love God, and should have as many children as they want to have.

48. by TexNette

On December 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Oh and, fyi–the more children you have, the more children you CAN have. All during pregnancy your ovaries aren’t being onslaught with hormones producing eggs…ovulation is suppressed. So, in essence, your eggs are a lot “younger” than a typical woman who has only had one or two children. So, I bet if you count up the time she’s been either pregnant or breast-feeding, you’d find, her eggs have been subject to hormones for a very short time–thus extending her fertility!

49. by CVM

On December 11, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I’m truly sorry for her loss. I can’t imagine losing a child. At the same time I believe that between the trouble they had with number 19, and now this miscarriage,they should realize this is the sign that it is time to stop. She’s risking her own life plus any future children she attempts to have at this point.

George – I shouldn’t even give attention to the comment you made. BUT that was the most disrespectful, vulgar, and tasteless thing I have seen in a while. I hope you enjoy your lonely life. Know that anyone that chooses to be with you is truly lacking in self-respect and has my pity. Grow up and get a life. Form respectful opinions and learn how to speak (and act) like real man.

end rant

50. by CVM

On December 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Oh and FYI (TexNette) – the more children you have the more overused the muscle is that has to contract post pregnancy to keep a mother from hemorrhaging to death. Scar tissue (which builds up after multiple pregnancies) can cause premature birth. Her age alone puts her and any fetus at risk.

I’m not saying a miscarriage is a sign for EVERYONE to stop trying…but in this case her body is obviously struggling to keep up for many reasons.

51. by t hncvclairton

On December 14, 2012 at 8:26 am

as Karen implied I am inspired that anybody able to get paid $5176 in a few weeks on the computer. have you seen this web link wow92.com

52. by PFWAG

On December 15, 2012 at 2:54 am

Who is paying for all these kids?

I can’t imagine trying to homesch0ol 19 kids so if they are in public schools this family is costing taxpayers about $3.5M.

53. by Paul Wilson

On December 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

This woman set back the “Planned Parenthood” goal of zero-population growth by her promiscous decision. Her selfish actions ignored feeding, clothing, schooling and housing all these offspring.

The Hasidic Jews and other anti-family planning groups are also doing this…

The miscarriage is due to the damage done to her internal organs by all these pregnancies.

54. by micky momo

On December 15, 2012 at 9:39 am

such ignorance. why do so many Christians act so foolish? like, believing in God is a “get outta jail free” card & you can act & say whatever you want. God makes fools out of so many people! the dinosaurs were put on earth by God to test our faith? man, your God sounds like a petty ass. when this lady dies giving birth to a hobbit I’m going to laugh! every day is a great day to be a free-thinker. have fun playing God’s petty games

55. by Hdt Nybh

On December 17, 2012 at 8:47 am

what Jessica explained I’m surprised that anybody can get paid $9910 in four weeks on the computer. have you seen this web link wow92.COM

56. by Hdt Nybh

On December 17, 2012 at 10:15 am

Ashlyn. I just agree… Annie`s stori is neat… on saturday I got a great Jaguar E-type since getting a cheque for $4763 this-last/5 weeks and-more than, ten grand last-month. this is certainly the most financialy rewarding Ive ever done. I actually started 5 months ago and almost immediately was bringing home at least $86… p/h. I use the details here, wow92.COM

57. by Hdt Nybh

On December 17, 2012 at 10:17 am

as Ricky responded I am stunned that someone able to make $7986 in a few weeks on the computer. did you look at this web site wow92.COM

58. by hdtnybh

On December 17, 2012 at 10:27 am

like Judy said I am impressed that a mother able to earn $5350 in 1 month on the internet. have you read this webpag wow92.com

59. by hdtnybh

On December 17, 2012 at 10:28 am

my roomate’s step-sister makes $84/hour on the computer. She has been fired from work for six months but last month her income was $14927 just working on the computer for a few hours. Here’s the site to read more wow92.com

60. by hdtnybh

On December 17, 2012 at 10:36 am

before I looked at the receipt saying $5350, I did not believe that my mother in law was like actually receiving money in there spare time from there pretty old laptop.. there moms best frend started doing this 4 only about twenty three months and at present took care of the dept on their cottage and purchased a brand new Mazda. go to, wow92.com

61. by lika

On December 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

having that many children can’t be healthy.. especially having children back to back. your body needs time to heal. nevertheless losing a child, i’m sure is still a heartbreaking, traumatic event.

62. by NF-HOSTING

On January 4, 2013 at 7:56 am

I am not real fantastic with English but I line up this very easygoing to interpret.

63. by mb

On January 9, 2013 at 9:04 am

Enough! Keep your legs closed or get your hole sewn shut. You’re too f”ing old. Stop!

64. by Susie

On January 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

i feel really bad for the Duggar family. my prayers go out to them.

65. by jeanie

On January 19, 2013 at 9:35 am

Any miscarriage is sad but come on people enough is enough already jeez! She needs to close that factory it should be considered a condemned body and no longer safe for use

66. by Shelly

On January 23, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I agree that 20 children is A LOT of children, way too many for my family. However, just a few generations ago, having this many children was not unheard of because of the lack of birth control and also families lived in an agricultural society and needed additional help around the farm.
    It’s too bad that several posted extremely vulgar comments on this site and losing any child is a sad event. From what I understand, this family is not on government assistance and schools their children. Therefore it is nobody’s business if they want to have 40 kids.
    Personally, I think considering her age and the number of children they already have should make her start calculating and using the rhythm method or abstinence if they don’t want to use pharmaceutical birth control.
    For those of you who chose to disrespectfully comment with vulgarity, your low IQ is showing and your comments warrant nothing.

67. by Rev. Bob

On February 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm

….. I think God just said…. STOP.

68. by Xam

On February 5, 2013 at 6:29 pm

You can tell the kids are loved because of the suits they wear.

69. by annie jones

On February 6, 2013 at 8:42 am

They have money now, but I remember the first show when people in the community donated money to build that huge home.If they couldn’t afford to take care of those children, they shouldn’t have been having them. I believe that they keep having those children for the attention and the show. If they cancelled the show, they would stop. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous for them to keep having children. She almost died with the last one. Stop already.

70. by JJ

On February 8, 2013 at 2:47 am

This is just pathetic – take care and love the ones you have. and have all the fun you want without risking any more lives.

71. by John

On February 10, 2013 at 8:58 am

I’m sick of these religious freaks. They think a document written by numerous people 2k years ago, who lived in a primitive world and believed in numerous fantasies who were mostly ignorant and couldn’t read or write are supposed to have evidence that can never be proven? How can they ever prove anything when they are anti science and push their own hocus pocus beliefs that are entirely made up. People use the Bible as a crutch anyway, use it to justify or rationalize any action they agreed with. If your not part of their party you will go to hell and now they are trying to take over our schools and our government. What has religion done besides torture and kill millions of people through religious based wars through out history? I toured the museum of the inquisition in Mexico City and the scary thought that many religious fanatics would just love to bring that horror back in order to whip people into their way of thinking. Stop being the biggest hypocrites in the world and keep your beliefs out of my life and our government. Religion was never like they are now when I was growing up, now its like a country club of angry and backwards white people that hate everyone but themselves. They put on this “godly” attitude and I’m sick of them referring to the “Lord” every other sentence, can’t you live your own life without having the lord co-sign your actions? And I’m sick of “he/she is in a better place” No, you dumb ass, the person is dead. I think many people cling to religion because they are afraid of dying and try to convince themselves when they die they will have a happy ending in Heaven. What a bunch of bullshit that is, give me evidence, hard forensic evidence your belief is true. And this God gives and he takes routine, another rationalization for when an innocent person meets a tragic ending and when a very bad and evil person gets away with murder. Its always this “its God’s will” BS response. All of these are nothing but sayings to make sense out of chaos and ignorance by many religious types.

I’ve always said and continue to believe we would be much better off without religion. Add up the pros of religion on one side of the page and add up the cons of religion on the other. Then relate your findings to what is happening in our gridlocked government today. It just so happens those politicians who are doing everything in their religious based thinking are trying to bring the country to its knees, in the process dumbing down America with their anti science and archaic beliefs so that the voters will vote out those politicians currently holding office.

The framers of our Constitution and those before them came to America to get away from heavy handed religious types. Religion beliefs and the quest for power and control is no different than political beliefs, the desire for power, money and control of one’s freedom. How many wars have started over my god is better than your god, how many religions were formed out of a different interpretation of the Bible? People can disagree and do it civilly, but not in today’s America. The MO for Tea Party and right wing religious types is to demonize those who disagree and make every effort through their financial supporters to destroy them. And they call themselves religious. That is one reason why I’m no longer religious, it has turned into a destructive crusade of special interests pretending to be godly, but the real motive is the quest for more power and money at the expense of common working people.

The Duggers would not be trying to have more kids if not for the stupid reality show they are in. I can guess most of those who watch it are from the south because I don’t think I know anyone out here who watches it. If I were a kid growing up in that crazy household the first thing on my mind would be to escape in order to find peace of mind.

Looking at religion from the outside now gives me peace of mind and the freedom to think my own thoughts without someone always trying to motivate me by fear. As far as I’m concerned most religions, or at least the more publicized “evangelical christians here are no more than a cult. And many of those have serious psychological problems due to the constant strain of being told to tow the line and not do this or that or what comes natural as a human being. In other words having their emotions suppressed by unqualified church goers or overbearing parents. No wonder you hear of so many religious hypocrites, they hide behind religion to further their personal reputations, but on their days off are doing kinky things. I’ve known more than one sunday chuch goer who tolerates going to church because its a good place to network their businesses. Finally, for those clamoring to tell people to lay off the Duggers for being godly, that they have every right to do as they wish to their body, then please do the same for those who believe in choice. Here you go again trying to use government to control the lives of others in the most personal of all personal decisions. BTW, humans did not exist during the age of the dinosaurs. Someone told you a lie if you believe that. From what I heard on the grapevine people didn’t come along for about 63 million years after most of the dinosaurs became extinct. Sorry the fossil record disproves your fantasies in this regard, you might tell your home schooled kids one thing, but since you can’t or refuse to listen to the truth, don’t poison your own kids with your ignorance please. Let them figure it out on their own, they will be better off with a brain that works without your meddling and lies. I know the science scares you, you consider it a threat to what you have read in the Bible. So the best response to that is demonize science, out of the same playbook or political talking points your puppet representatives take from their special interest bank rollers. If you don’t believe in the fossil record, then I suppose you don’t believe in forensic science either? You know, the science that has brought thousands of criminals to justice and has also exonerated others imprisoned by factors related to human flaws. How do you reconcile this, can you do it on your own?

72. by Kaela

On February 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm

These people are ridiculous, careless, and should be ashamed of themselves. It is terribole that their disgusting exploitation of there lives, children, (and uterus, for crying out loud) have been glorified and turned into a tv show. Shame on them.

73. by Melissa Nelson

On February 18, 2013 at 5:46 am

I am so out rage by the things I have read on this site by people you can are not supposed to judge them by there life we all make decisions in wether good or bad no one can speak for GOD and say Wat he fills or thinks his thoughts are not ours his ways are not our ways so to say that god wanted that for these people you can’t this society we live in is hell on earth and if you have strong fellings and opinions about Wat they are doing don’t watch there show some of you that are making these comments are clearly not in tune with god so please don’t speak for him and while your judging them take the time too go in your closet and clean your skeletons because I guarantee you’ll have plenty God is the only one who knows why this happened and I believe he will only give u more than you can Handel you don’t know this could have been a test for their family they could have another one that make it look at Abraham and Sarah’s situation if you don’t know the story that proved my point God does not care about age if he can raise a man frm the dead that says it all of the thing he can do please don’t put the almighty one in a box and say she’s old and her organs let me enlighten you about birth control if GOD says your having a baby your having one so even if the doctors said she couldn’t carry that’s their opinion they are not god I suffer frm a long disease and was born premature the doctors told my parents I would not make it and to pull the plug I flat lined five times but parents kept praying I’m here today living a wonderful life and I’m married for years I was told I could not have children by doctors and one day GOD blessed me with a beautiful girl they told because of my medical issues their is no way I would be able to have her but I did six months later I found out I’m pregnant again so don’t say Wat god can’t do doctors will opinions and and thoughts on Wat they think they really don’t know because they can only see the physical and not spiritual god is the only one who knows the who the Wat when the where how and why I’m praying this family and I hope that god would continue to bless me with children and continue to help me and my husband to be able take care of all our kids because no matter Wat any one says he has the final say so I really hope this touch some Through all the bad I hope some sees this realize there is some good and be touched

74. by dreaming78

On March 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I know this is coming months late, but TexNette? The people saying that the miscarriage is a sign that they should stop having kids aren’t necessarily being judgmental. The Duggars originally were on birth control, lo these many years ago. They had a miscarriage then, which they took as a sign, from God, that using birth control is wrong. So saying that a miscarriage now is a sign from God that they should stop having kids is not over the top. They believed their first miscarriage was a sign, so why wouldn’t this one be, too?

75. by Sabrina Stepler

On March 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Michelle, I am so sorry for your loss and I will pray for you, your family, and the child that has been lost. I can’t imagine your disappointment and pain. I know everyone has an opinion on this subject, I for one am about to deliver my 8th child and am a firm believer in accepting the gifts that God chooses to bless us with. I am not advocate of birth control and I love what each individual that I have given birth to has brought to my life.
    May God bless you and Jim Bob again.
    You are in my thoughts.

76. by Lauren

On March 10, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I think it’s d8sgusting that the comments of the “Half Abortion” article I just read were all about not judging people who have abortions and “only the person in the situation knows the best decision to make,” but when it comes to evangelical Christians who affirm God’s sovereignty over life, all you people do is judge her with nasty comments. The Insolence is alarming. And people say the church is full of hypocrites. How ironic.

77. by The New Double Standard | thelittlerichards

On March 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm

[...] It was called Michelle Duggar Miscarries Her 20th Child [...]

78. by wendy

On March 16, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I didn’t read any of the other responses…I thought she was on her 20th miscarriage not her second but her 19th child. They are Christians who truly believe and live those beliefs. Can’t see anything wrong in that especially since so many have one that they can’t afford or abort instead of adoption being an option cuz they couldn’t give it up—all selfish old self secular convenience the world wedo are in but not of feeds us…

79. by Funny

On March 28, 2013 at 9:11 am

The people posting on this thread are so ‘funny.’ You want to tell this woman not to keep having kids because you think she’s too old and already has enough?! How hilarious that you think you should be able to decide how many kids is acceptable for a person to have. These people take better care of their 19 kids, than some of you take care of your 2 kids. They are not on welfare, medicare, in jail, or hurting anyone. They do not get shipped off to daycare for strangers to watch them, no their mother and father take care of all their needs. Each and every one of them. Shame on all of you! Just because you can’t take care of the 1 or 2 you have doesn’t mean someone else can’t take care of as many kids as they want to have. Keep your hateful opinions to yourself!!

80. by Tiffany

On April 3, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Im sick of her a**. wish she would go sit the fk down somewhere!

81. by herbalife diet

On April 3, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Herbalife systems presents wellness solutions for the overall wellness and fitness of the man or woman to include natural supplements, solutions meant for overall health connected with cardio, gastrointestinal system, stamina and also wellness and fitness, anti-aging goods and also many more. The greatest care is definitely implemented through the actual preparing of these products to make sure that the buyer might get many of the purely natural contents and get a new pleasant living utilizing herbal items.

82. by bbc news america anchor

On April 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Hey! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you will have here on this post.
    I might be coming back to your weblog for extra soon.

83. by Kristin Smith

On April 23, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Rather than continuing on their quest to over populate our country, how about they adopt. Thete are so many children that never get to have a family and grow up in the system. Give a child a chance at a real lufe and quit being greedy. We get it, you have a ton of kids, good for you. Pay it forwarr, isn’t that what we as “Christians” should be doing anyway?!

84. [...] was delivered via emergency C-section due to a case of preeclampsia, followed by a devastating miscarriage in [...]

85. [...] about her own baby. Sadly, Sue had a miscarriage in September (similar to her U.S. counterpart Michelle Duggar). Sue says she and Noel were “devastated beyond words” when a 12-week scan revealed they had [...]