Ocean Spray Voluntarily Recalls Some Packages of “Craisins”

Ocean Spray has issued a voluntary recall of a limited quantity of Craisins, the dried cranberry snack popular with adults and children alike, because there is a chance the food is contaminated with small hair-like fragments of metal.  In a statement, the company said the fragments are “unlikely to cause consumer injury,” and no injuries, reactions, or adverse affects have been reported by customers so far.  Said the company, “Ocean Spray issued the voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution to ensure the safety of our consumers.”

If you are concerned your Craisins may be affected, read on for a full list of the UPC codes that have been recalled.

• 5 oz Craisins® UPC: 00293-000
  • 10 lb bulk ingredient & foodservice UPC: 03477-000
    1. Best By Dates (ONLY THESE DATES FOLLOWED BY THE LETTER “M” ARE AFFECTED):
      1. 30 Oct 2013 M
      2. 31 Oct 2013 M
      3. 1 Nov 2013 M
      4. 5 Nov 2013 M

Consumers who have purchased the recalled products are urged to destroy the product, save the UPC label and best by date and contact the Ocean Spray Consumer Hotline at 1-800-662-3263 for a coupon replacement.

(Image via: http://oceanspray.com/)

Back To Parents News Now
  1. [...] Read the full article here: Ocean Spray Voluntarily Recalls Some Packages of “Craisins” [...]

2. by college consulting

On December 8, 2011 at 8:23 am

Great Post. Please visit our website for Freshman and Transfer College Admissions Consulting | San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.c3admissionadvising.com .

3. by Scrapeboard

On December 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I actually absolutely must think much more in that direction and see what i can do over it.

4. by secrets to dog training

On December 28, 2011 at 10:21 am

It’s not bad at all

5. by הובלות

On December 30, 2011 at 11:04 am

6. by raymond chevrolet

On December 31, 2011 at 7:01 am

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My site addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

7. by moving advice

On January 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Should you read the newspaper on occasion, make sure to save all of the papers that you have so that you can use them as packing material whenever you move. Padding is actually important to keeping your more delicate objects safe and sound during the move. You may also opt for clothes, sheets, or other cushy material to pack your items.

8. by הובלות דירה

On January 21, 2012 at 1:55 am

Moving home in Germany is extremely expensive, indeed the few miles from my little village to the barn require me to pay 2000.00 Euros, around it would have require me to pay having a UK removal firm to move my household goods completely from Wales to southern Germany. Labour costs in Germany make moving house very costly, perhaps one of the reasons why the labour marketplace is less flexible – people would rather stay there once they’ve moved to a place.

9. by noticeme

On February 23, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your website in internet explorer, might check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a large part of people will miss your excellent writing because of this problem.

10. by x ray technician job description

On April 1, 2012 at 5:11 am

The flow of your writing is superb and so is your post. I had wanted to learn someone’s perspectives on this topic however , I could not really come across any good sites together with the to-the-point information which i was looking for. For that reason, I am truly thankful to your site and especially to you. Please, do keep your blogposts refreshed.

11. by Larry Stclaire

On April 29, 2012 at 1:23 am

I precisely wished to thank you very much again. I do not know what I might have taken care of without the type of suggestions contributed by you relating to such a question. This was a very frightening dilemma in my view, however , understanding the expert avenue you solved that forced me to weep over happiness. I am thankful for your advice and even hope you are aware of a powerful job that you are carrying out educating the mediocre ones with the aid of your websites. I am sure you’ve never encountered any of us.