No More Children for Mariah Carey

The singer Mariah Carey, whose twins Moroccan and Monroe recently turned 6 months old, announced this week that her two children will be her only children.

She had said before that pregnancy was hard on her body, telling Barbara Walters in October, “I don’t think I understood the enormity or the magnitude of what it really does to your body.”

This week, the actress told Access Hollywood that she had decided to not pursue future pregnancies: “If God chooses to do that to me, then that would happen; other than that, I don’t think we would try for that ever again,” Mariah told Access as she promoted her new partnership with Jenny Craig, where she is a paid spokesperson. “I really don’t know if I can make it through after what I went through, it was really tough.”

(image via: http://www.people.com)

Back To Parents News Now
  1. by Eileen

On February 15, 2012 at 6:59 am

Would someone please tell this ungrateful women to shut up. Does she think she’s the only women who gives birth her body changes, and if she is she’s dumber than she looks. She’s not pretty or sexy, so get over yourself. There are so many women out there who can’t have kids or are trying so hard to have them. I wish Julianna R. and Khloe K would just kick her ass.

2. by Christina

On February 16, 2012 at 10:27 am

Eileen you are an idiot. She is entitled to feel any way she wants to. You, on the other hand, need a nice reality check to think everyone wants kids. What about those who have kids who can’t even take care of them or abuse them etc. Get over yourself sweetie. I NEVER want kids….and don’t give one single care as to what your opinion of ME is. Live your own life and leave everyone else to live theirs.

3. by edna

On February 17, 2012 at 10:44 am

Maybe what she meant w/ “too hard on my body..” is because she knows she’s too old to be having babies.And if you get pregnant beyond the child-bearing age it’s not only hard for the mother but the health of the baby might be compromised already.

4. by Ro

On February 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’m with Christina on this one. Eileen, just because someone can have kids, doesn’t mean they should have kids. People have their own reasons for not wanting kids and they shouldn’t have to deal with judgement over the decision they’ve made.

5. by Laura

On March 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

Really Eileen have you read the Octomom article?

6. by Rachel

On March 7, 2012 at 9:37 am

Eileen is probably infertile. I say this because I have been trying to have kids and failing for five years now and when I read something like this I think the same thoughts she stated. Its really hard know that people actively try not to have something that you want so badly.

7. by K.

On March 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Some people can give birth and carry a baby with very little, or even no pain at all-whereas for other’s its almost life threatening to even BE pregnant. In the old days, some women could have have 14 babies and be on their feet in hours and feel fine, for other’s it killed them. I give a round of applause to ALL mom’s-it’s a lot harder than people know.

8. by Julie

On March 19, 2012 at 9:40 am

I read an article awhile ago about her having a late miscarriage before this pregnancy and also keep in mind that she had twins! That’s WAY harder on the body especially considering her age. By not perusing more pregnancies she’s being responsible, not horrible and ungrateful.

9. by Leilani Ricketts

On April 12, 2012 at 5:10 am

10. by Meli

On April 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Wow Eileen that’s a bit harsh! I had a very hard pregnancy, had to hv insulin injections 3x a day n could hardly do anything cuz I was so tired. No matter what it was I did, washing clothes, dishes, taking a shower, this last pregnancy was very hard on me. I’m about to hit 40 & baby #2 was no piece of cake like I said above. I’m still trying to recover & hv to hv surgery cuz he herniated my belly. So I get what she means by the pregnancy was hard on her body. Wish mine had been easier

11. by Cheap Small Freezers

On February 25, 2013 at 3:34 am

I am really impressed with your writing skills {and