‘Sister Wives’ Family Welcomes 17th Child

Robyn Brown, who is the fourth wife in the polygamist family featured on the TLC reality show “Sister Wives,” gave birth to a healthy baby boy Wednesday, bringing the total number of children in the family to 17, PEOPLE.com reports.

The baby, named Solomon, is the first born to Robyn and husband Kody.  Robyn has 3 children from a previous marriage.

“He’s perfect and we couldn’t be happier,” Kody tells PEOPLE. “We are so thrilled.”

Solomon was born at home, 13 days past his official due date.

The Browns, who are fundamentalist Mormons not affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, moved from Utah to Nevada last year after police launched an felony bigamy investigation last year.  In July, the Browns filed a federal lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Utah’s bigamy law.

(image via: http://www.people.com/)

Back To Parents News Now
  1. [...] Sister Wives family welcomes 17th child (Parents.com) [...]

2. by concerned

On November 16, 2011 at 3:53 am

i hope they are not like most of these polygamist on welfare people speak ill of other nationalities on welfare when these are the worst offenders!

3. by college consulting

On December 8, 2011 at 9:24 am

Great Post. Please visit our website for Freshman and Transfer College Admissions Consulting | San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.c3admissionadvising.com .

4. by personal statement

On December 13, 2011 at 3:24 am

I think this post/article is well-written, intelligent and informative,
    Expert Proofreading at Reasonable Prices

5. by ca

On December 31, 2011 at 9:24 am

who does pay for these 17 children and wives does the state and its tax payers all of thse persons make me want to throw up
    esp the dude u r not attractive to a lot of women ugh and no one worth their salt would share a freaking man who does nothing but fk other women while u as a wife get stuck with em

6. by good luck

On February 6, 2012 at 7:44 am

did she have this baby at home due to worries on it being taken from them? curious… not accusing.. i think this family can do as it pleases.. they are adults making choices… but when you effect your 16 kids and up and have to move them. whats it say about the so called FREE USA?

7. by Fergie

On February 29, 2012 at 9:59 am

Nasty, disgusting freaks.

8. by Jess

On March 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm

They are financially independent and I for one think it’s phenomenal :) Watch the show sometime! They aren’t perfect, but what relationship is? The women work for a living and the children are also well adjusted. I’m all for bringing out the good in polygamy, there is more to relationships than just this one model we have stuck ourselves with and I think they do a pretty good job of showing that.

9. by ashley

On March 26, 2012 at 9:00 am

I watch the show and even though I dont completely agree with their lifestyle it doesnt make them bad people. They all seem like really great people and wonderful parents.

10. by kc

On April 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm

WHY has America sunk so low that POLYGAMY is now acceptable enough to be on television?! Good grief people… nobody knows how to stand up for morality anymore for fear of “offending” somebody. Well guess what?! I’M offended. But nobody gives a crap. I’m sorry I’m not so “open minded” that my brains are falling out of my head.

11. by Emanuel Regalado

On April 29, 2012 at 1:05 am

Good youtube videos and article too :D

12. by Lee Sinclair

On May 4, 2012 at 11:44 am

Is that what they mean by love and honor your wife … getting her 17 times pregnant.

How do they feed and cloth that brood? How many diapers soil the earth because of them?

Do us all a favor and chop his dick off.

13. by lovinrockets

On May 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

I do not agree with their lifestyle, but read the bible…polygamy is EVERYWHERE in it….

14. by Amanda

On May 22, 2012 at 12:58 pm

People, if you would actually take the time to investigate about people before you post you would know that each parent including the father all have jobs and live within their means. They are not living in one big mansion and living off of welfare. Fact check before you post please.

15. by Heimdallen

On July 15, 2012 at 9:36 am

Kody Brown needs a vasectomy, sans anesthesia preferably. I’m open minded and liberal, all about freedom of lifestyle choices, such as homosexual marriage, but this is an abomination to any freedom. It is only a cover for a chauvinist male pig who can’t be satisfied by one woman alone and accordingly there’s no love in his plural “marriage”, not coming from his end at least. And love is the true foundation and definition of marriage. He’s simply trying to be a legal playboy and flaunt his self proclaimed “awesomeness” on TV to every other guy in the world, “look at me everybody, I’m a bad-a**, I got me a bunch of women, haha!”. He manipulates and mentally abuses all of his wives, pitting them against each other for the top spot as his true wife and lover, resulting in misery for all but the king of the harem.

I’d be a lot more open-minded about polygamist marriages if they ever worked the other way, one woman with multiple men, but that’s never happened (ok, maybe 5 times in the history of man kind for all you nay-sayers). Which only goes to prove it truly is all about female subjugation and virtual slavery to one male. These woman and women like them have been brainwashed since birth into believing that this is what God truly wants, and to disobey will result in fiery damnation in the afterlife, which is a pretty powerful motivator for people who believe that kind of crap to comply and put on a smile while doing so, pretending life is grand and they love being worth less one man, living as second class citizens in their marriage. No equality. No true love.

As far as the birth of a new child? Kody could clearly care less. Other than the fact that it’s a way to keep that wife occupied and quiet and not annoy him for a while. Every once in a while the carefully choreographed script for the show (which is done so in order to keep up the positive image for Mormons and other pligs” slips off track a little and we get to witness how Kody truly feels about his children. Simply put, he doesn’t.

The only good thing this show does is force Kody to spend time on camera pretending to love his whole family and spend quality time with them, and keep up the sham that his wives are equal people and not just his occasional playthings.

I’d applaud TLC for an honest documentary showing the reality of the situation, except that it’s a rigged anything-but-reality show just like the rest of the crap out there. Even if and when you try to maintain integrity behind the lenses, the very fact that the subjects are aware they are being watched and filmed changes their behavior to anything but reality. Nearly everyone becomes an actor once their behind the lens and does their best to portray the image they want to be seen as, and not as they truly are.

Shame on TLC for producing and allowing trash TV on their otherwise typically informative, educational and truthful programming. We don’t need anymore women out there who have such low self esteem and image that they feel they aren’t worth 1/2 of a marriage but only 1/4 or 1/5 or worse, not deserving of the love and attention of an entire partner to themselves. Disgusting.

16. by Bianca

On July 19, 2012 at 12:56 am

This guy is so disgusting. Don’t know what any of those women see in him, he is completely incompetent as a husband and father and human being. He is selfish and a cheater. The wives need to find a better man and stop living in this sick second fiddle lifestyle. So gross. I could MAYBE understand some of the attraction if he was this amazing guy but he is pathetic and despicable, and incredibly selfish.

17. by Jenna

On July 19, 2012 at 1:00 am

All but one of the wives collect welfare by pretending to have no husband legally and all these children. The guy is a selfish cad. Not interested in what is best for his children, only himself. Gross.

18. by Bianca

On July 19, 2012 at 1:02 am

So bigamy is legal now? Why isn’t this guy arrested flaunting this. He’s so gross.

19. by HJ

On July 19, 2012 at 5:27 am

The popularity of this “family” is a mystery to me. I suppose it is like a car wreck where the natural instinct of humans is to look at it. My heart is with the children that are the products of this circus. Personally I despise women like this. How warped they are to continue procreate with this male.

20. by sandy

On August 17, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Sick, sick and more sick! How low will these women stoop? They need to share a man, who gets to bed hop from one to the other? I find that repulsive, and think there is more going on amongst them then they let on. I feel SO sorry for the poor innocent children. He’s getting the last laugh that’s for sure.

21. by Gabrielle

On August 31, 2012 at 10:44 am

I’m from Canada and Polygamy is less frequent although it does exist…I wish that I could have 5 husbands LOL; a young hottie to have sex with, a strapping lad to fix the house, a dashing prince to take to parties, an intellect to take care of the finances, and maybe even an older chap who could be the gardener/butler. hahahaha! It just seems SO one sided! Why are these men allowed to have sister wives? I WANTS BROTHER HUSBANDS! *sigh* it’s a man’s world :(

22. by Avi Marranazo

On October 8, 2012 at 10:02 am

I guess with all the talk these days in the media of homosexual “marriage”, it’s hard for me to get too worked up about traditionalist Mormon polygamy.