Circumcision Ban on Ballot in California

ballot-boxThis November, voters in two California cities will consider a ballot measure that would ban circumcision on male children under age 18.  San Francisco and Santa Monica’s ballots will vote on the measure, referred to as the Male Genital Mutilation bill.  If it passes, parents who circumcise their sons, even for religious reasons, would face a penalty of $1,000 and a year in prison.

Opponents of the bill, including Jewish and Muslim leaders who have filed lawsuits against the Department of Elections for allowing the measure onto the ballot, argue that circumcision falls under the freedom of religion protections of the First Amendment.  Supporters say that the practice is both painful and unnecessary from a health standpoint.

HIV affects more than 15,000 men in San Francisco alone, and last week, the California state assembly proposed a bill that would either keep the circumcision ban off the ballot in November or render it moot if the legislation passes after ballots are printed.

(image via: http://wprtradio.com/)

Back To Parents News Now
  1. by Robyn Grodsky

On July 25, 2011 at 10:24 am

As a Jewish mother, I am sickened by these proposed bans and the possible fine and jail time. If a law like this had been in effect when my son was born, I’D have been sent to prison.

A Bris is a very important aspect in the Jewish culture. Even though I am not religious, my faith and background mean enough to me to follow the tradition. My son, nearly 2, is in good health and suffered no ill effects from the ceremony. In fact, it healed quickly and he only cried from the cold when his diaper was removed.

You would think in a state that supports CHOICE, especially a city like San Francisco, that the people proposing this would realize that nobody is forcing anyone to circumcise their sons. And nobody should ban another, who chooses to do so–for whatever reason, health or religion!

2. by Dr. Christopher L. Guest

On July 25, 2011 at 11:05 am

Robyn,
    I agree, it should be a matter of CHOICE…the decision to amputate the most heavily innervated part of the penis, as well as 50% of the surface area skin of the entire penis, as well as the vast majority of fine touch corpuscular neuroreceptors, as well as Meissner’s corpuscles, as well as 240 additional feet of blind-ended nerve endings, as well as the normal gliding action of Dartos’ fascia, should be the CHOICE of the individual who owns the penis; when they are old enough to make an informed decision and provide consent. The foreskin is richly innervated erogenous tissue and should not be amputated in children without medical urgency or unless the benefit SIGNIFICANTLY outweighs the potential for harm. Virtually all medical associations in the world agree there is no benefit to non-therapeutic circumcision. Bronze age religious blood rituals should never trump rational scientific judgment and contemporary medical ethics. Physicians need to stop acting as “cultural brokers” by conspiring with the child’s parents to perform unnecessary and unethical genital surgery. The child is the patient, not the parents! It’s time to put down the scalpels and respect the autonomy of the child. HIS body, HIS choice.

3. by Roberto Lebron

On July 25, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Circumcision is painful, unnecessary from a health standpoint, and permanent. Religious traditions are very important to most people, but not all Jewish parents support the practice. See Jews and Others Against Circumcision (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jews-and-Others-Against-Circumcision/168634243176357) and Beyond the Bris(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-the-Bris/186289708067787). Making laws to force people to stop this practice may not be as effective as opening up a dialog, however. When we’re told what to do, we tend to dig in. There are other ways to honor and preserve Jewish culture and tradition. Let’s have a respectful conversation, instead of hitting people over the head with laws.

4. by Lauren Shelton

On July 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I have no religious affiliation that supports the circumcision of a child at birth, however I chose to have my son circumcised at 3 days old. Painful or not, I did it for health reasons and cleanliness. What grown man at the age of 18 is going to want to have this procedure done? It is a choice for the parent’s, not the government. Mutilation? What is next? Children under the age of 18 can’t get their ears pierced… or tattoos?

5. by Jamie

On July 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Funny how those who are using the arguement that it should be the child’s “choice” probably also think that it’s a MOTHER’S right to choose if she kills her unborn child via abortion. How about the child’s choice in THAT matter?

My child didn’t choose to be vaccinated, either, but it was in my child’s best interest so I, as a mother, made the decision. Out of the millions of men who have been circumcised, let’s think about the fact that many if not all of them wouldn’t want the foreskin and don’t harbor ill feelings toward their parents for making the decision.

Freedom of religion is one of the founding basis of our country. If scientists say there isn’t benefit to circumcision (which, just as many would disagree with), it’s the right of the parent to decide. Not a bunch of scientists, who probably for the most part don’t give care about the sanctity of religious beliefs.

6. by Stacy

On July 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Seriously, the irony here is insane, in a country where Casey Anthony got away with murder, we are gonna punish parents for circumcision?!?!?! Just read another story where a mom is being sent to jail for jaywalking with her children and the drunk man who hit and killed her son faces less time than her?!?!?! Come on now when are people gonna wake up and realize something is seriously wrong with our country!?!?! God help us all!

7. by Julie Williams

On July 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm

This is a free country…Lets keep it this way. I had my son done as well.. i know men who have not not a circumcision done and now have problems. The baby is to little to even remember the pain any way. I know my son has no idea it was done to him. We have a freedom to chose what we do. You can get a babies ear pierced when the are so young,that is pain they do not need. so lets worry about that pain before we cry about a circumcision.

8. by Jess

On July 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm

This is an outrage- Something like this should be a choice. We choose not to circumsize our sons for various reasons; however in some religions this is an important part of their culture. To ban it is in my opinion unconstitutional….GL to all those fighting for their right to choose!

9. by Olivia

On July 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm

This is horrible. Even religious??? That is wrong as it has been done for 100s of years in the Jewish community.

10. by lyricmezzosoprano

On July 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I agree with everything that “Jamie” has said, except that I am pro-choice, I still feel that it is sad when abortion is done purely for selfish reasons on the mother’s behalf.

Also, I am really disappointed with “Stacy” for bringing Casey Anthony into this. The Anthony case has nothing to do with this article. If you can’t put in two cents without bringing in every pop culture reference from the last month, then please just keep your mouth shut.

11. by jennifer

On July 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

This is crazy. I let my husband decide if he wanted our son circumcised and he did. He said he would have been upset if he had to walk around with an elephant trunk for the rest of his life. The pain must not of been that bad. Jeez… what’s next? Is the gov’t gonna arrest us if we put our kid in bed past 9? Give me a break

12. by Megan

On July 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I may not live in Cali but I am a mother of 2 sons both of which have been circumsized. I am pregnant with my third boy and he will have it done as well. Not because of religious reasons but because I believe it is the right thing to do for their health. Nobody is forcing parents to go either way on this subject, its a choice. But should the ban go through it limits the rights of parents to do what they believe is best for their children and certain religious practices. Its not right or fair for this ban to come into effect.

13. by Stacy

On July 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Oh dear “lyricmezzosoprano” if you can’t see an overall theme of letting some parents get away with wrong while punishing those who are trying to do what they feel is right, then I feel sorry for your naivety!

14. by BK

On July 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm

For all of those who say they circumsize for health reasons, could you please tell me what those reasons are?

Educate yourself America, stop being a bunch of sheep!

15. by yaneth

On July 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

HORRIBLE!!
    I have seen and helped with these procedures and it is A terrible procedure. Poor babies is all I can say. I can’t see my baby going tru all that horrible TORTURE.

16. by Joel

On July 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm

If you step away from the practice of male circumcision as a tradition, I think you will have to agree its a barbaric and unnecessary. What would happen if you took your infant daughter to the hospital and asked to have the hood of her clitoris surgically removed because of your religion or someone told you it was more clean? You would be shown the door or they would take your child into protective custody. It’s only prevalent today because of a long running religious custom that somehow spread into the American medical community.

I wholeheartedly support a ban on performing any medically unnecessary body modifications on infants, including circumcision, branding, tattooing and scarification. I’ve talked to many people about this topic over the years. Of all the conversations I’ve had in 38 years, only 2 circumcised men said they would opt to do it if given the choice. It’s time to stop mutilating our children.

17. by Jillian

On July 25, 2011 at 2:49 pm

R u kidding me? Have you ever seen a not circumcised penis. Its gross and then the infections that they get from not keeping it clean enough. And come on teen guys who don’t shower all the time will have that cottage cheese like substance infection. They get yeast infections to. Then if there not clean enough and they sleep with a person they could give there yeast infection to that person. Not fun for a woman to have a yeast infection esp if her guy gives it to her. Screw foreplay cause thats not going to be fun. Hello people you need to find something else to complain about. When i have a son, law or not he will be cut and he will be clean. Im sure alot of people feel the same way as i do. But if u like infections and the smell of it by all means don’t get it done. Plus when they get older and they are made fun of in the locker room but other boys who were circumcised. He will probably hate you for not getting it done and it will be so much more painfull as they get older they will hate you. They don’t remember it as a newborn baby but they will remember it as a teenager. Its your choice but my little one won’t be the one with the cottage cheese infections.

18. by Jessica

On July 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I’m really not sure why they think the choice would be any different once the child is 18… the few men I know who were not given a circumcision as a child felt awkward about not having the procedure. So when they turned 18, they had the circumcision done anyways, and at that point it was an awkward situation for them to go into the doctor and ask for it. Also, for those of you who say it is completely unnecessary, it is a procedure done to make it easier to keep that area clean and avoid infections.

19. by Tonja

On July 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I just can’t agree with the arguement that it’s painful. All 3 of my boys either fell asleep during the procedure or barely made a peep. If it’s done correctly there shouldnt be healing issues. What is wrong with this country? Why does everyone want to change things that have been in place for thousands of years? We are the parents, we get to make the decisions in our children’s lives until they are legal adults. You start taking this one right away and eventually kids are getting drunk every night and dropping out of elementary school because the parents no longer have control over their lives.

20. by Corey Halbert

On July 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I did not circumcise my son for two reasons. First off, Medicaid wouldn’t cover it saying that it is not a medical necessity. Second, the cost to do it was about $2000. In which I could not afford. Second reason being that I felt it wasn’t necessary and I didnt want to hurt him. I’ve heard too many stories of botched circumsions and didn’t feel the need. But for the government to say that you don’t have a choice in the matter is just absurd. I respect the parents that chose to circumcise their boys and I don’t believe it has any ill effects one way or the other. My son is 6 now and I have not had one problem with it.

21. by Joel

On July 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Seems like alot of women have opinions on what men should have done to their bodies. This is essentially a men’s health issue. If you don’t have a penis, your opinion really doesn’t matter. Please go talk to some male friends or coworkers and ask them what they think of the practice before you make irreversible decisions for innocent children.

22. by Perscu

On July 25, 2011 at 3:13 pm

The bottom line is America is the land of freedome, freedome to make our own choices, freedome to make our own money, freedom to do what ever we want and a law like this wont change any thing, its a waste of time and valuble thought. People will do what ever they want because this is America.

23. by Charity

On July 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Wow! My son was circumcised when he was a day old. He feels thankful that I did it. I did not do it to hurt him and I didnt enjoy the thought of them cutting my baby, but felt that it was what was best for him in the long run. I dont like the thought of them poking him with a needle or any other painful test but if it is for his good and to keep him healthy then it must be done. People for this ban make it sound like we circumcise our babies to hurt them. Ridiculous, totally insane!! Go find something else to do with your life and leave good parents just trying to raise good kids alone!!

24. by Andrea

On July 25, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I had my son circumcised, but it was my choice…yes it hurted but he was fine after it was all done. Like getting shots, they hurt but u get over it…like the other procedures we get done but nobody is making a law to ban plastic surgery??? Its people choice to get it done and it shouldnt be a crime if they do it and if u dont like doesnt mean they cant do it. America is the land of the free so where is the freedom that we rightfully have??

25. by Dera

On July 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

This part of the above article drives me a little crazy: “The Boston Globe put the debate into global context with an article on research from the International AIDS Society linking increased circumcision rates with lower rates of HIV infection.
    HIV affects more than 15,000 men in San Francisco alone.” The idea that circumcision is going to stop the spread of HIV in Africa or SF is just ridiculous and a great way to deflect attention and funds away from safe sex education. Men should wear condoms when having sex with multiple partners. It’s that simple. I’m seriously worried that this sort of argument is going to make circumcised men think they can be as risky as they please, when in fact HIV infection in this country (with our high percentage of circumcised men) is alarmingly high. I’m not implying that there is a causal relationship there (because there isn’t one), but I think we should keep in mind that the Scandinavian countries – where circumcision is practically nonexistent – have the lowest rates for all STDs, including AIDS. It’s all about safe sex practices, and that’s what we need to be teaching!

26. by Misty

On July 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of circumcising, the fact still remains that it is unconstitutional to pass legislation telling someone they cannot practice a part of their religion. Period. And as far as it being painful, well I cannot speak personally for the pain as I don’t have a penis. BUT I have 3 sons, and every last one of them slept through their circumcisions. They were more traumatized by the pricking for blood on their heal than the circumcision.

27. by Christina

On July 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I think Joel’s statement is ignorant that if you don’t have a penis, then your opinion really doesn’t matter. If so, then no male opinion on abortion should matter unless they have ovaries, a cervix, uterus, can grow an embryo, carry a fetus, etc., etc., etc.

28. by brandy

On July 25, 2011 at 3:57 pm

i have 3 babies and all three were circumcised, i have been in the medical field for years and i can tell you an uncircumcised penis is ugly and i have know people who have been with guys who were not cut and they could not get over it and i am here to tell you i could not either maybe its because i know the difference,then shame on me for thinking that but i love my clean cut man and he has no complaints and he did not object when it came to our three sons.

29. by Ike

On July 25, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Busting Circumcision Myths: Babies Sleep through Circumcision
    The Case Against Infant Circumcision: Firstly why does such a myth even exist? One reason is that it probably developed to give some comfort to the Parents, particularly the mother who has just given birth, because the truth that the baby screamed in agony gasping for breath, would probably cause too much stress to the mother. Another reason is to perpetuate the practice. Possibly another is self-protection by the medical profession?

The truth is that the studies that have examined pain response have found that babies feel severe and intense pain. One study was stopped early once the severity of pain in circumcised babies was recognised and another study found even with the use of EMLA topical anaesthetic cream, circumcised babies had elevated cortisol levels (the human stress hormone). So the truth is that babies feel intense pain during circumcision, and that if babies lose consciousness it is not that they are sleeping but that they have a traumatic shock or dissociative unconsciousness.

30. by Ariel

On July 25, 2011 at 4:21 pm

There are so many disgusting ignorant pigs on this site. Cottage cheese infections??? Uncircumcised men gross? Are you kidding me???!!! Do you seriously get your nasty views from Billy Bob’s Parking and Chicken Fritters and Medical Advice on the side???!!!!

I am not for the law. I think this is too steeped in religious tradition for this law to be appropriate. I will give you that. However, I have YET to find ONE pediatrician who actually recommends circumcision anymore!!! My own was with Johns Hopkins and he DID NOT I repeat DID NOT do this to his OWN SON!! Studies are showing that the benefits are NOT worth it!! They are marginal at best. Do you homework people – this procedure was to prevent little boys from masturbating. Yep. That is how it made its way into modern day culture. Yes, if you are Jewish – totally different story and I believe of freedom of religion. If you believe that it is part of a covenant made with God – that’s your belief and far be it for me to get between that. Seriously – I’m not being sarcastic there.

However, for each one of you who preaches hygiene and medical reasons you absolutely are in the wrong. I feel like these forums get so heated because people just take the gloves off (like I did in the first paragraph) but seriously – no kidding – there is NO reason for this to be a routine procedure! If a foreskin doesn’t retract properly which can happen on occasion (rare but it can happen) then sure. If there is another medical reason to do it – sure. Of course.

There IS plenty of evidence that circumcision IS painful for the baby and I don’t think that is right. You take an innocent male baby who has just been born from his mother’s womb and is filled with trust, feeling secure, etc. and then this strange team of people come it, scare the hell out of him and lop off his penis basically. The baby either screams in agony or his defense mechanisms kick in and he goes instantly to sleep in shock. Not MY newborn baby!! If anyone had brought a scalpel NEAR my son that would have been it.

As far as shallow comments about how nasty it is to have foreskin – give me a break. I’m sure that when my son falls in love and makes love to a woman the foreskin won’t be an issue. If it is he is with the wrong woman and I will raise him to know this. When he is with the RIGHT woman at least his senses won’t be dulled and it will be a whole experience for him.

Finally, I wouldn’t want anyone messing with my parts. I would resent it. I am really big on personal autonomy and if I had to live with the fact that my parents decided to alter my sex life forever and had my body physically altered just to fit in with what society thought needed to happen (especially during a time when tides are obviously SHIFTING!!) I would be so deeply angry.

31. by diane

On July 25, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I worked in newborn nursery for years-and assisted with many circumcisions…yes, babies often cry at the beginning of the procedure (often, in part due the restraining of arms and legs that is necessary)-but I have seen many who acclimate to the procedure, and settle down long before the procedure is finished.My son is circumcised, as is his father-I certainly do not feel that the government should dictate in this matter. If a circumcision is done at anytime other than right after birth-both anesthesia, and a urologist etc req

32. by Tydomin

On July 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm

It’s funny, because all these people saying ‘I circumcised my baby son because what man would want to wait till he was 18 to get it done?’ are hitting the nail right on the head (albeit for the opposite reason that they intended). Very, very few intact men want to be circumcised. Why? Because they value their foreskin as the most erogenous zone of their body, they value its protective characteristics, they value the pleasure that it gives their partners when they have sex and they are generally glad to have their whole penis intact in the way it is meant to be. Furthermore, they are perfectly capable of keeping it clean and so do not wish to chop it off simply for ‘hygienic’ reasons. Why do you think that the vast majority of circumcisions are performed on babies? I’ll tell you why – because the vast majority of men would flatly refuse and laugh in your faces.

Also, I guess all you Americans don’t realise that the ‘health benefits’ your doctors tell you circumcision gives are all made up. The USA is the only country in the world that routinely circumcises infants – everywhere else, including the UK and Europe, realises that it does more harm than good and do not circumcise babies at all, ever. Most of these countries have much lower rates of HIV, penile cancer, cervical cancer, all these diseases that circumcision is supposed to ‘prevent’ than the USA. Furthermore, they realise that it is a painful and traumatic violation of the boy’s basic human rights. The Netherlands and Sweden are currently taking steps to make neonatal circumcision illegal. Wake up and realise that you’re being lied to – doctors get paid to circumcise your sons, that’s why they do it.

33. by Michelle

On July 25, 2011 at 4:45 pm

The AAP (that’s the AMERICAN Academy of Pediatrics) has said since 1971! that there are no compelling medical benefits to circumcize. 80% of the world’s men are uncircumcised and the circumcision rate in the US is at an all time low of only 32.5%, according to the CDC. A lot of people have said in these comments that the uncircumcised penis is ugly or that they don’t want their kids made fun of in the locker room. Would you allow your daughter to have breast implants because she thinks her breasts are inadequate or ugly? Finally, the uncircumcised penis is NOT dirty. Girls have UTIs too, but we don’t cut off the most erogenous portion of their anatomy to help them clean themselves. Instead we teach girls to wear cotton underwear and to wipe themselves correctly. This whole debate is so sad. I would love for someone to find one valid medical reason for removing their son’s foreskin. There aren’t ANY!! The truth is, it is elective, potentially dangerous COSMETIC surgery.

34. by Callie

On July 25, 2011 at 5:11 pm

My husband is no circumsiced and he hates it. At this age recovery is much different. He wishes him mother had it done when he was a baby.

35. by heidi

On July 25, 2011 at 5:34 pm

hmmm, did anyone who wrote this bill read the constitution? last i knew freedom of religion is one of the biggest reasons the people set out from england in the first place, because they were being persecuted for practicing religions that werent what the king wanted them to. that is why part of the 1st amendment is freedom of religion. so why are those religious practices now being attempted to be persecuted here?

36. by Nelle F. Pingree

On July 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm

In the 1950′s, a study was conducted among college woman of a certain age (not sure exactly) to find out the demographics for cervical cancer. It was at a time when very few Jewish girls had sex with non-Jewish partners, meaning that very rarely were they exposed to the uncircumcised penis. The over whelming majority of women with cervical cancer were non Jewish woman. The conclusion of this peer reviewed medical study was obvious. Cervical cancer in Jewish woman was very rare until the mid to late 1960′s, when girls Jewish girls widened the scope of their sexual encounters to include uncircumcised boys.

37. by Brooke

On July 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Shocking. How many of our freedoms can the government try and take away? Male circumcision has been a practice (religious and not) for thousands of years and all of the sudden there is an issue? Why not let the parents choose? Why does it have to become a legal issue? Seriously ridiculous.

38. by Tonya smith

On July 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm

It’s also a matter of health, their are are alot of mothers who don’t care for uncircumcised properly and u have infection set in, the access skin can grow closed and cause alot of problems, their are alot of men who don’t properly clean them selves also, it’s alot easier and less pain full to have done when they are first born,

39. by Dera

On July 25, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Nelle, cervical cancer is caused by a virus – HPV. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a woman’s sexual partner has foreskin, nothing. If that study in fact showed some indication of that, it was flawed. I would guess that HPV might not have been present in the Jewish population in the 1950s due to the isolation of the population studied (as in when the Pacific Islanders didn’t have certain diseases because they were yet to be introduced until Europeans came around), not because of the circumcisions.

40. by ATressler

On July 25, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I choose to make my baby, have my baby, and I WILL Choose to have my baby circumcised!! You do as you please, but stay out of my business!! That is a Huge problem in our world today!! People need to mind their own business and stop taking your choices and demand that everyone else follows what you say!! Let parents decide on their own. There are way more important issues in this world today…Frankly these people make me Sick!!

41. by Dr. Christopher L. Guest MD

On July 25, 2011 at 6:04 pm

These irrational posts over cleanliness are a horrible excuse for amputating an erogenous part of the penis from non-consenting children. Is American society so sexually repressed that instead of teaching our children to clean their genitalia, we’d rather cut part of the penis off? To summarize: soap and water for little girls, scalpels and Gomco clamps for little boys? Irrational, uneducated and immoral. By the way, adolescent females produce about 4 times more smegma on a daily basis than males do… maybe we’re cutting the wrong set of genitalia? How on earth do all those beautiful Swedish women put up with all that smegma (male circumcision rate <1% in Sweden). The truth is non-circumcising cultures think North Americans are insane for cutting off parts of their children's genitals. Learn the facts about circumcision; the more you know, the more you're against it.

42. by Brenda

On July 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I am the mother of a 3 yr old boy who is circumcised and a wife to a man who is not. I can see many sides to this, but my husband and I choose to have this done for our son. After lots of research on the medical benefits (as many have stated) we believed it to be the best choice despite the fact that my husband is not. And for those who do not believe that there are medical benefits I will quote from Web-MD…

“What are the benefits of circumcision?

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
    A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
    Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
    Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
    Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.”

Of course there are always risks just like any procedure so here is the article to read yourself along with another site.

No matter what you choose, it is YOUR CHOICE! And no city or state should be allowed to take away that freedom!

43. by Joe

On July 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

How many of those who believe it’s their right to circumcise their boy would support a parent’s right to circumcise their girl?

44. by Chris

On July 25, 2011 at 7:27 pm

So much ignorance being spewed here. Constitutionally protected rights do not include those that infringe upon the rights of another. Your right to practice your religion Is not protected when it violates the rights of another human being. Purple should learn the law before displaying their ignorance. Secondly, it’s YOUR religion, not your child’s. I know most of those with dogmatic superstitious beliefs don’t view life that way, but reality is you are imposing your superstitions on your child. Its barbaric that any religion would get a free pass to violate the genital integrity of a non consenting child.
    And give us all a break with the red herrings regarding vaccines, bedtimes, etc. permanently removing a body part does not compare on any level.
    For those that mock intact men, you are shallow, venomous, disgustingly opinionated people. I hope your children do not take after you. The rest of the civilized world does not regularly practice this barbaric ritual, yet they seem to do fine.

The fact that it started as a sadistic practice among a tribe of bronze age, desert dwelling nomads says nothing about it’s legitimacy. And for the record, the original jewish circumcision was nothing like the major skin removal that takes place in hospitals today.

This, along with the few informative posts above will probably fall on deaf ears though, since logic, reason, and rational thinking don’t seem to be considered a virtue by many here.

45. by Lalla

On July 25, 2011 at 7:31 pm

You can tell which commenters actually have done research and which ones have based their decisions to circumcise their own sons based on myth. PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH on the anatomy of the foreskin. It is not just a “piece of skin”, and it takes more than a “snip” to remove it. notjustskin.org is a good place to start.

It’s also obvious when commenters above have never had any sexual experience with an intact man. As someone who is married to one, I can tell you that I’ve never seen much smegma, not as much as I have! I can also say that my husband takes long showers, and he’s not washing his hair or shaving his legs. This whole idea that a circumcised penis is “cleaner” is beyond ridiculous.

And last, as someone who has been around a few blocks, intercourse with an intact man is far superior (considering this is how men were designed, this makes sense, peeps!). For details on why this is, google “Sex as nature intended it”. I have had TWO orgasms with circumcised men in my entire life. Contrast that with intercourse with intact men: premature ejaculation is rare, I orgasm 95% of the time, multiple orgasms 5% of the time, simultaneous orgasms (me and him together) 50% of the time. Also, the emotional connection is better, whereas w/circumcised men it’s more about the just reaching a goal, not about connecting through the experience. For the record, sex with women comes in above sex with circumcised men, in my experience. Also for the record, I got HPV from a circumcised man, so it really pisses me off when people use that as an excuse to circumcise babies.
    Please STOP and THINK before you decide to mutilate the genitals of anyone other than yourself!

46. by Storm7103

On July 25, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Hey I agree it should be the decision of the person who owns the penis, and as a mother who carried and created it for 9 months, I own it! You want to wait until they’re 18 to make any other decisions for them also, like whether they should get an education, be involved in a specific religion, etc..

Really?!?!

47. by Jennifer

On July 25, 2011 at 7:38 pm

The government should take action across American and ban any practices that are genital mutilations. My son is intact and his father is circumcised and his father realized the fact the nature made him and it is HIS penis. My husband is such a man for standing up for his son’s genital integrity. I love you babe. And for all out there who are on the defense, visit circumcision.org and doctorsopposingcircumcision.org. Your son’s can regenrate their foreskin, but not the 20,000 nerve endings. But they can grow the skin to protect the head of the penis. When the penis head is exposed for years and years, it drys out and loses sensation and is believed to cause impotence (not what I want for my son). Also, intact men can reach orgasm more easily (not meaning faster), but more easily meaning that they can “enjoy the ride” and enjoy helping their partner’s to orgasm, which foreskin aids in clit stim.

48. by Michelle

On July 25, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Regardless of religious reasons, or just for health this is a choice for parents not the government to make. Its also not a choice for the “people” to make for me. I’m the parent, end of story. You are NOT going to tell me how I raise my child!
    It is the parents choice and responsibility to educate themselves and make a decision based on what they believe if right. NOT what everyone else tells them is right.

49. by Joe

On July 25, 2011 at 7:44 pm

@Storm7103

Education and such things need to be done at specific times, circumcision does not. And you don’t own your son’s penis, he does. He’s the one who has to live with it.

@Michelle

Would you agree that it’s a parent’s right to circumcise their daughter too?

50. by Nate

On July 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm

My mother had me circumcised as an infant. As a result, I have lost most of the feeling in my penis. A small price to pay for making it “easier” to clean, huh? She probably should’ve had my ears removed, too, so that it would be easier to keep the area behind them clean. I love her, but I cannot forgive her for mutilating me.
    I’m disgusted that you’re all for mutilating your son, but you would probably never consider it for your daughter, or yourself, even though it has the same benefits you preach about on here. Talk about a double standard.

51. by Jennifer

On July 25, 2011 at 7:47 pm

The cutting of the clitoris of infant girls is WRONG, no matter what the parents reason!!!! Amputating an infants body part is WRONG!!! The parents that have this done are not always to blame, it is a shame that the medical community is not informing the parents. But after all they do want the paycheck, sad.

52. by nina

On July 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Bad ignorant mothers mutilate there children!

If your born with foreskin it must be there for a reason. How how would you like circumsizing your daughters labia off because it is cleaner.

53. by Jeff

On July 25, 2011 at 8:05 pm

You can justify it all you want but it shouldn’t be your decision to modify your child’s body. As far as cleanliness goes it is a self cleaning organ so you don’t have to do much to it. Get a bath, shower whatever, it’s no big deal. Aren’t there a lot of folds and crevices in the vulva? duh!

Foreskin is a mucous membrane to protect the glans. Removing it makes the glans dry out. This reduces feeling and sensitivity. Foreskin isn’t some mistake by nature it is there for a reason. That whole “I know someone who has problems” story is such an old wive’s tale. Do some investigation and maybe you’ll realize it is best to leave what nature intended alone.

54. by Debbie

On July 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

My sons are uncircumcised…not for any religious reasons, but just because my husband (who is circumcised) and I decided that there was no solid argument in favor of it. That said, I completely disagree with this proposed ban. We need less government involvement in our private lives, not more.

55. by Cindy

On July 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm

When my sons were born I was living abroad in a country where circumcision is very much frowned upon. My Doctor strongly discouraged me from doing it so I didn’t. Prior to that I’d never really thought about it. The men I’d been with had been circumcised.
    I wonder if the people who believe it is “necessary” in order to conform to their religion have ever actually discussed the pros and cons with a Doctor outside their faith. My feeling is that if there really were all these benefits more people would do it in other countries. Like getting braces on your teeth it would be growing in popularity, not declining.
    Genital mutilation of little girls is justified by religious people, too. I’m sure glad that never happened to me! Do parents have the right to do this to girls in the name of religion?
    Religious leaders from time to time re-evaluate their beliefs. Maybe that time is coming for these practices.

56. by Michael Rose

On July 25, 2011 at 8:53 pm

It is appalling that there are religious zealots clamoring that it is their religious freedom that is being violated. They are the ones actively advocating the mutilation of children for their own religious purposes. Religious Circumcision is the persecution of a helpless victim by way of sexual assault and mutilation. I was circumcised for someone else’s religious beliefs, NOT MY OWN. My rights were violated, my religious freedom was violated, my body was mutilated, and the damaged is irreversible. The freedom to practice one’s religion does not give ANYONE the right to inflict bodily harm on another individual. Many believe in religious animal sacrifice and polygamy, but religious law do not supersede Federal and State laws banning such practices. It is not my religious belief that a part of my body should have been brutally amputated, without painkiller, in an barbaric ceremony. I want it back and I want restitution. The statute of limitations means that those of us there are the victims of circumcision have almost no recourse, but at the very least I can speak out and try to save someone else from having to endure this torture.

The spread of HIV has nothing to do with circumcising sexually inactive INFANTS! Adult male circumcision MAY reduce the transmission of HIV in third world countries where there is no access to clean water (the results of the studies are still questionable), but it is NOT a form of protection. The only form of protection is abstinence or wearing a condom. I would rather have been given the choice to wear a condom than to have a part of my body amputated.

57. by beth

On July 25, 2011 at 9:45 pm

wow people are getting stupid and more stupid by the day. i swear. its a number of health reasons why you SHOUlD have a son circumsized. i mean come on, america is on crack. first its abortion issues, gay marriage and now this. america get off your crack. i have nothing wrong with homosexuals. i do have problems with woman who abort and call it choice. CHILDREN DONT HAVE RIGHTS TILL THEIR 18!!! im 22 years old. i dont have kids myself. but at least im smart enough to know my parents raised me right. give it a break america.

58. by MamaBearX3

On July 25, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I wish I could “like” Ariel’s response. My oldest son was cut out of ignorance. THEN I got a job working with new moms and babies in our local hospital. My youngest son is WHOLE, out of love. The term is not uncircumcised, the default is NORMAL, uncut or unadulterated.

As for everyone making the point that he won’t remember it when he is older. A baby girl won’t remember being raped when she is an infant either, but that does not make it okay to do. Funny how people 40 years ago were just as ignorant about cutting girls. Bluecross/blueshield paid for female genital mutilation right here in our very own country til the 90s. I suspect they will eventually stop paying for partially amputating baby boy’s genitals as well.

59. by Joe

On July 25, 2011 at 9:46 pm

@beth, look who’s talking. Circumcision is pointless and it’s only foolish Americans who practice it secularly.

60. by Jennifer

On July 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

How many times does it need to be said, there are NO health benefits to circumcision (per all health professionals). It IS harmful.

61. by luvmytwosons

On July 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Circumcision is nothing short of barbaric. If anyone even thought of doing the functional equivalent to a female newborn ( female circumcision- not even fgm) there would be rioting in the streets. Cutting an infants flesh for no medical benefit is abuse- I don’t care what your religion calls for. It is time to protect our children from this brutality of circumcision. Defend the defenseless. Stop drinking the kool aid little sheep.

62. by Keira

On July 25, 2011 at 10:53 pm

If you told people you had your daughter’s clitoris cut off at birth because it “might” help her be more clean, people would call you a MONSTER, and rightly so. Yet we preform this same atrocity to our son’s and it is ok, even lauded. Let’s call it what it is, Child Abuse.

The Jewish, The Christians and their Sister Religion Islam can keep their mutilation. My Atheist and Gnostic friends and I will keep learning, keep growing in knowledge, and hopefully some day will be able to stamp out your barbarianism!

63. by jenn

On July 25, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I am not sure where I stand on the circumcision issue but I am curious as to whether people who are against circumcision are also against abortion. I think it would be hypocritical not to be. I have watched circumcision done on males, seen videos of female circumcision abortion performed in Africa (which is performed when a girl is a teenager without anesthesia) and watched an abortion performed where little hands and feet were pulled out in pieces (the most disgusting thing I saw in medical school). Male circumcision was the least horrifying of the three. I think if circumcisions were performed when boys were teenagers without anesthesia, I think there would be less arguing. But my feeling is if the circumcision ban passes, there should then be no question as to whether or not abortion should be legal.

64. by Keira

On July 25, 2011 at 11:10 pm

@ Jenn.

As for me, I am where I think most rational people are on abortion. If your child is raped, she should not be forced to carry a baby to term (she should not be forced to abort either).

If a woman and child will die because of the pregnancy, but the woman can be saved with an abortion, then yes.

Frivolous abortions of course I say no. The way people are trying to word laws however, there will be no abortion period. I can’t stand by that.

65. by Melissa

On July 25, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Both sons had it done, no problem. Yes, painful to watch but healed quickly. My nephew on the otherhand who is 25 just had it done said it was extremely painful followed with an infection. Choice should be left with the parents, let’s keep it that way! Mind your own business…..HaHa

66. by allison

On July 25, 2011 at 11:20 pm

actually it is a health issue if you do not get the procedure it is dirty. if the male does not keep up with himself under the folds of an uncircumcised male part he can get bacteria and such and also intercourse is even more dirtier the government just wants more excuses to make make more dictator laws against americans and when america will wake up and see who knows its a sad day when the people allow the government dictate our free country just saying

67. by Nate

On July 26, 2011 at 1:18 am

It should be unlawful to circumcise an infant for the same reason it is unlawful to chop off an arm or leg of your child. You are mutilating a child that you are supposed to be the guardian of. The child may not have “rights” until it is 18 years or older, but that does not mean you have the right to treat it as if it is a piece of property you can do whatever you want with. When a child is circumcised, he is deformed for the rest of his or her life. Those who say it is a health issue, that being circumcised is necessary, are simply ignorant and put no research into it. They are also generally women, who probably would not feel the same if their parents had an important part of them removed. Of course, this will probably fall on deaf ears, but think before you force your son to live with a mutilated penis for no reason.

68. by mamaof1

On July 26, 2011 at 1:25 am

I love how everyone is saying it’s just the mother’s that are doing this to the child. I was against it, but his DAD was adamant that he get circ. so my lil guy is circ. I am against taking away the choice because I think it will lead to people doing dangerous steps to get it done. Also intact boys sometimes get infections and need to get circ. is this law going to take away the parent’s power to get circ in medical need?

69. by Dr. Christopher L. Guest MD

On July 26, 2011 at 8:32 am

The foreskin is richly innervated erogenous tissue and should not be amputated without medical urgency or unless the benefit SIGNIFICANTLY outweighs the potential for harm. Virtually all medical associations in the entire world agree there is no benefit to non-therapeutic circumcision. Bronze age religious blood rituals should never trump rational scientific judgment and the universal human right to bodily integrity. Circumcision is a fundamental failure in human compassion, devised as a tribal marking, one that violates the most sacred principles of medical ethics: autonomy, justice, proportionality and primum non nocere. It is time for this barbaric practice to end.

70. by Jennifer

On July 26, 2011 at 9:04 am

Like, Like, Like Dr. Christopher, I wish I could have your calm when speaking to people about genital integrity.
    Keep your son’s WHOLE, designed by nature, so carefully created in your womb; growing in warmth and love. Every parent should want to help their son transition from womb to world as peacefully as possible.
    Save the plastic surgery for when he can choose and if he is will informed, he WILL say NO. Circumcision is painful for an older boy/man b/c it is plastic surgery, when not medically needed and plastic surgery is painful. At least they can take pain meds while healing.

71. by Amber

On July 26, 2011 at 10:26 am

I love how 90% of the people opposing the bill that are “pro-circumcission” have horrible grammar and spelling mistakes….obviously this is a case of who is IGNORANT and who is NOT! I’d support the bill, and only have a daughter but would NEVER circumcise a son of mine.

72. by Daddy

On July 26, 2011 at 10:36 am

When my son was born last December, the OB performed this procedure about 9 hours after he was born. He didn’t cry. When you make laws like this, you need to THINK about everything else that could be “outlawed” before you FEEL a certain way. You have to keep the FEELINGS out and really keep the brain engaged. I hope this fails miserably in the election. Or, the Circumcision clinics will be popping up all over California, just outside the cities that outlaw it.

73. by Jason

On July 26, 2011 at 12:41 pm

So a law against circumcision may be extreme to putting the parents in jail. How about making it illegal for the doctors to do it without medical reason and ban religious leaders altogether. I have a son on the way and will make it his choice to have the procedure. I don’t live in California, so he can have it done whenever he chooses to, but I imagine he won’t. The practice was almost certainly developed to make sex less pleasurable, just as “barbaric” female circumcision.

74. by ally

On July 26, 2011 at 2:27 pm

i had my son circumcised and yes it probably did hurt but its in his best interest in the long run. and out of all the men who have been circumcised, would you rather have it done where you dont remember or go thru the pain at 18? and for the these men who say they resent it and lost feelin and all that, arent you being a lil over dramatic? i mean we do things everyday that we believe is in our best interest and we get hurt or have the possibility of getting hurt. we get shots and take medicines that could react badly with us…and if you have lost feeling, how common is that? maybe it was the dr’s fault? but im sure it doesnt stop you from other activities, so why make a big deal?

75. by Luvmytwosons

On July 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

This is about individual rights-for the OWNER of the penis. You dont have a right to cut off a healthy functoning part of a baby boys sex organ. It is just wrong wrong wrong! The foreskin is not just extra “junk” God put there. The human body is a miraculous machine and it doesnt need modification absent medical necessity.

The cleaner, healthier angle is BUNK-pure and simple. Look like Daddy argument is beyond ignorant-My Husband plays cath with my boys-they dont compare penises! No one “teases” them-that is just fear mongering. I have two beautiful healthy intact boys-never a problem. When they were born-everyone just assumed we would circ but my gut was telling me it was wrong-the thought of someone cutting my child in this way would have been unbearable!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? IT IS CHILD ABUSE!!!!

76. by Dr. Christopher L. Guest MD

On July 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm

There is no medical indication for non-therapeutic circumcision and the benefits (if there are any) do not meet the ethical test of proportionality. In Finland, where the neonatal circumcision rate is essentially 0%, the odds of requiring a medically necessary circumcision by age 18 are 1 in 17,000. The medicalization of circumcision is a shameful chapter in the history of our profession, one based on pseudo-scientific claims and irrational attempts at sexual repression. Circumcision only became popular in Western medicine as a misguided attempt to curb masturbation, which was thought to be harmful. This is all well documented in the medical literature from about 1870 to 1949 by physicians such as Sayre, Kellogg, Ravitch and many more. Make absolutely no mistake, circumcision is specifically designed to decrease sexual pleasure and disrupt the normal gliding mechanism of the penis. Physicians have an ethical responsibility to oppose this unethical practice and to educate the public about the sordid origins of circumcision.

77. by Kristen

On July 26, 2011 at 4:20 pm

“Supporters say that the practice is both painful and unnecessary from a health standpoint.”

So are they going to start imprisoning and fining people who pierce their child’s ears, too under 18?!…and that’s a HOLE! ridiculous.

78. by Luvmytwosons

On July 26, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Comparing pierce holes in a childs ear to cutting away flesh from and infants genitals is what is ridiculous.

For the record I also have a daughter and I will wait and see if she wants her ears pierced rather than forcing it upon her. It is about respecting your child’s human rights.

79. by Janice

On July 26, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I am pregnant with my first son and I find this “debate” very interesting. Circumcision is definitely an outdated practice which has been proven to have no medical benefits. Yet, I am still on the fence. My husband is circumcised and neither of us has any problem with climaxing and I do think that those stating that major issues is the norm are very wrong.
    Absolutely yes, parents need to be more informed concerning this, so that as a culture we begin to make better choices. However, I don’t think banning circumcision is right. Female and male genitalia is so different and the consequences of circumcision is very different so they can’t be compared.
    In countries where the rates are low its not because its banned its because people are educated. And this forum has shown how dumb Americans can be since their are post comparing circumcision to ear piercing (my daughter’s are not and wont be till she asks) and abortion which a completely different debate.
    I do know that those who do circumcise do not do so in order to harm their child and fining and jailing parents with out first attempting to educate them is absolutely ridiculous.

80. by Robyn

On July 27, 2011 at 12:35 am

Let me get this straight. I, as a mom, could choose to have a late-term, partial birth abortion the day before my child is born… but would go to prison for circumcising him (a practice done for thousands of years with complete religious justification)just one day later.

Ironic, isn’t it?

Which act causes more harm to a child?

81. by Lisa

On July 27, 2011 at 8:39 am

Bravo for so many parents becoming aware of today’s research and facts. Circs have been medically proven to have no health benefits to an infant. It truly is an unnecessary, traumatizing, barbaric traditional practice and thank goodness more and more parents are becoming savvy about this topic. It’s as simple as soap, water and proper hygiene, for both intact men and women. Women are much more prone to UTI’s than men. Only 1/3 infant boys today are cut …and how about the medical politics that encourage these procedures? Do you think they just throw that fore skin away? There’s a whole business that banks on programmed pro-circ parents out there willing to subject their infants to the propaganda. They have used FEAR for YEARS to persuade uninformed parents and it still works today. Please do your research. It’s NOT just a little piece of skin. You are removing a sensitive portion that is meant to protect the head of the penis and therefore can also become desensitized in sensation over time….especially if it’s done incorrectly. …and there’s no church and state issue here. If cutting off ears was a religious tradition to make sex less pleasurable, I suppose we would find that perfectly normal too. It really is hard changing minds of old constructs. They banned it for girls and it should be banned for boys. I truly don’t understand that discrimination. That’s why it’s on the bill. …but somehow with our “logical, common sense”, we find it completely acceptable to do it to boys and not to girls. Yes, there is an absolute apples to apples comparison here IF you know your genitalia anatomy. Please open your minds and do the research of today’s findings. If an adult male isn’t willing to lay on the table and be strapped down while the most important part of his penis is amputated without anesthesia, I’m certain the infant boy wouldn’t either…worse yet they go into shock in every single procedure. If you don’t think so, then again, please find a willing adult male ready to model the procedure. Let the adult owner of the penis make that decision for himself. After all, it’s his body and his right…that is, if we’re protecting rights here.

82. by Matiya

On July 27, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Seriously people? Banning circumcision shouldnt have even been a debate. Im MY childs mother and if his FATHER and I decide that he needs to be circumsized for health and religious reasons im most certainly positive he will thank us in the future. As parents we have to make decisions based on our seperate beliefs and if you feel its not right for YOUR child dont do it. simple as that . No need to ban.

83. by Kimberly

On July 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I agree that it should be a parents choice, but enough with the bull about it being a “healthier” way for the penis to be….obviously there is little to no research that validates this point or we wouldn’t be having the conversation. It should be a parents mutual decision, but don’t act like if you had it done, you did so for your child. You did it because of false beliefs and pretense that you were raised with. In short, you did it for yourself because it looks “normal” or because you didn’t want to deal with proper cleaning habits, or maybe because your husband is and you thought that it was best. All of these are fine reasons as it is YOUR child, but all of them are for you….not the health of your baby!

84. by Kristy

On July 27, 2011 at 11:29 pm

FINALLY someone has enough sense to try and protect these innoscent babies! When it comes to mutilation of a child…screw any kind of religion or anything that has to do with it. America is land of the free….so let that child make the free choice to choose if and when they want it done! It is a COSMETIC procedure without any kind of health reasoning behind it. It is plastic surgery on a baby….simply because a parent wants them to look a different way! Seriously how sad and pathetic. If your baby was born with a nose that you didn’t like how it looked…would you do plastic surgery on it as a newborn? I highly doubt it! There is absolutely NO medial reason to torture a newborn baby like that! For those who think it’s “cleaner”…..I’m sorry men who you may know who are not done do not know how to keep clean personal hygiene. That’s a completely personal issue. Those men who have “problems” when not circumsised…would have those problems even if they were because it’s obviously their own fault for not taking care of themself and keeping clean. These babies need someone to speak for them since they can’t do it for themselves. Finally it’s starting.

85. by Susie

On July 29, 2011 at 8:15 am

I AGREE WITH CIRCUMCISION
    MY SON WAS ALSO 2 DAYS OLD AND HE GOT CIRCUMCIZED
    WE DID IT FOR RELIGPUS PURPOSES AND OF COURSE FOR HIS HEALTH

AFTER ALL UNCIRCUMCISED PENIS LOOK DISSCUSTING :X

86. by Joe

On July 29, 2011 at 3:45 pm

@Susie Circumcised penises look disgusting, and to circumcise a child without medical need is nothing but child abuse.

87. [...] Circumcision Ban on Ballot in California From Parents.com [...]

88. by Tami

On August 29, 2011 at 1:16 am

So many of you people are idiots!! Do you actually listen to the things that you say? Parents should never be ok with subjecting your child to this!! I have read all of these comments and some people actually said things like “So what if it hurt them. They wont remember it when they get older” Yeah well you can smack them upside their head and they wont remember that so does that make it ok? Or their daddys want them to look like them. Someone actually said they can give a woman a yeast infection..Are you kidding me?? Anyone can do that but you have to teach them to be clean!! There is so much ignorance out there!! I wonder how many of these moms that chose to get pregnant, insisted on an epideral during labor and then turned around and had their sons cirucumsized without any pain medicine. Disgusting!!

89. by Phil

On September 9, 2011 at 3:50 am

I cant forget how my son screamed in pain as he was strapped down and circumcised . The Dr. said it was best .The only reason it was best is because he made a couple thousand bucks for a few minutes work. Don’t you people know that when you desensitize a part of the body that also affects how sensitive a person is in other ways? This is why oral sex has increased. When a person starts it with one they want to have it with all . Why do you think sex crimes have increased so much? Once you need oral stimulation male or female doesn’t matter any more either. Wake up people and stop this barbaric practice before it destroys our country!

90. by Beach

On September 9, 2011 at 7:48 am

Um..I think that everything will be alright. Not once have I wished that I have an extra flap of skin. Belly button lint is bad enough for me.

91. by thrush help

On September 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm

obviously like your web-site but you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality however I?ll surely come again again.

92. by matt

On October 10, 2011 at 11:43 am

So this child has rights and the parents would not if passed. But before the child is born the parents have the right to kill the child for any reason. What a twisted mind these people have. If you are so concerned stand up for the whole childs right to life not just forskins right to life. Don’t you see how you care about foreskin more than the whole child.

93. by parenting

On November 16, 2011 at 4:08 am

Thank you, I’ve just been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the source?

94. by Rap Maroc

On December 17, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thanks for another informative web site. The place else may I get that kind of information written in such an ideal way? I have a challenge that I’m simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.

95. by Chastity Smithwick

On December 20, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

96. by skiing

On December 28, 2011 at 3:33 am

Hola! I’ve been following your site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!

97. by cutlery

On December 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told used to be a amusement account it. Look complex to far delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

98. by yeast infection men

On December 31, 2011 at 11:12 pm

What i don’t realize is in fact how you are no longer really a lot more smartly-liked than you might be now. You’re very intelligent. You understand thus significantly when it comes to this matter, produced me in my view believe it from numerous numerous angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be fascinated except it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. All the time handle it up!

99. by Leon Chandler

On January 1, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Ariel wrote, “The truth is that the studies that have examined pain response have found that babies feel severe and intense pain.”
    Guess this ‘pain response only starts AFTER the baby breathes it’s first breath. “Pain response” has been proven over and over in the case of the unborn child who is being torn to bits in an abortion. Where is all the anger and angst over THAT!? By the way, bet the abortion was not THAT baby’s “CHOICE!”

100. by Junior Laliberty

On January 3, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Excellent way of telling, and good piece of writing to obtain information concerning my presentation subject matter, which i am going to convey in college.

101. by wordpress

On January 5, 2012 at 4:54 am

I just like the valuable information you supply on your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here regularly. I am moderately sure I will learn plenty of new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!

102. by colleges

On January 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thanks for making me to obtain new thoughts about computer systems. I also have the belief that certain of the best ways to maintain your mobile computer in primary condition is with a hard plastic-type case, or perhaps shell, which fits over the top of the computer. These kinds of protective gear are usually model precise since they are made to fit perfectly across the natural housing. You can buy all of them directly from the owner, or from third party sources if they are intended for your laptop computer, however don’t assume all laptop may have a cover on the market. Once more, thanks for your tips.

103. by dockingstation

On January 6, 2012 at 5:26 am

One thing I’d really like to touch upon is that fat burning plan fast can be achieved by the appropriate diet and exercise. Ones size not merely affects appearance, but also the complete quality of life. Self-esteem, major depression, health risks, as well as physical skills are damaged in an increase in weight. It is possible to just make everything right whilst still having a gain. If this happens, a condition may be the culprit. While excessive food rather than enough work out are usually at fault, common medical ailments and trusted prescriptions can greatly increase size. Kudos for your post here.

104. by free cruise brochures

On January 11, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Good post here. One thing I would really like to say is always that most professional areas consider the Bachelors Degree as the entry level standard for an online course. Though Associate College diplomas are a great way to start, completing your current Bachelors starts up many doors to various employment goodies, there are numerous internet Bachelor Diploma Programs available through institutions like The University of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online and Kaplan. Another issue is that many brick and mortar institutions offer Online types of their certifications but generally for a significantly higher payment than the firms that specialize in online diploma programs.

105. by jacket bomber women

On January 18, 2012 at 4:06 am

There are actually a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a great point to convey up. I offer the thoughts above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you convey up where crucial thing can be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged round things like that, however I am positive that your job is clearly recognized as a fair game. Both boys and girls really feel the impression of only a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

106. by liberty reserve

On January 20, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

107. by Android SDK

On January 28, 2012 at 6:19 am

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be exactly I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome web site!

108. by Cordless Curling Iron Sales

On February 2, 2012 at 3:16 am

I’ve learned some new things by means of your website. One other thing I’d really like to say is that newer personal computer operating systems are likely to allow much more memory to be used, but they in addition demand more ram simply to run. If one’s computer cannot handle more memory plus the newest application requires that memory space increase, it is usually the time to shop for a new Computer. Thanks

109. by Fender Medium Guitar Picks Sales

On February 2, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

110. by west edmonton mall restaurants

On February 7, 2012 at 2:33 am

Thank you for sharing these kind of wonderful content. In addition, the optimal travel in addition to medical insurance system can often relieve those issues that come with visiting abroad. A new medical emergency can in the near future become expensive and that’s absolute to quickly slam a financial burden on the family finances. Putting in place the excellent travel insurance offer prior to setting off is well worth the time and effort. Thanks

111. by Tanesha Woolworth

On February 19, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my porn site. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

112. by Bob Dennis

On May 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Seventy plus years ago the choice was made for me. I did not get a vote. Nothing one can do after the deed is done. I would not have chosen to be circumcised had my parents waited until I was 18. It is not done for health reasons; it is done to comply with religious mythology. Just a question for all you religious nuts, if your God wanted you to cut off your son’s foreskin, why did your God give your son one in the first place?

113. by Marquita Trumbore

On June 14, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Specialize in Plumbing Excellent post man.. Since the terminator states .. i’ll be rear !

114. by Douglass Sumstad

On July 7, 2012 at 5:10 am

restaurants All weblog owners must be see this excellent submit, applaus for your placing up.

115. by alcohol dangers

On September 1, 2012 at 3:02 am

I devote lots of time to obtain this information, last but not least I obtained the idea currently, Large because of a person.

116. by wordpress backup

On January 7, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I haven’t completed it nonetheless, nevertheless right after two years Now i am about to change it out