Embattled Congressman Anthony Weiner’s Wife Is Pregnant

Anthony Weiner and Huma AbedinThe sordid story of Rep. Anthony D. Weiner (D-NY), who was caught this week sending sexually explicit photos of himself to a college student in Washington state, took on a new layer of complication Wednesday when The New York Times reported that his wife, Huma Abedin, is pregnant with the couple’s first child.  According to the Times:

Mr. Weiner, 46, has admitted to engaging in salacious online conversations with at least six women over the last few years, including an incident last month in which he sent a photograph of himself in underwear to a college student in Washington state. He apologized to his wife and declared that they have no intention of splitting up.

“We will weather this,” Mr. Weiner said on Monday, during his emotional news conference. “I love her very much, and she loves me.”

But Ms. Abedin, a longtime aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton, has remained silent about the topic as she keeps up a hectic schedule at the State Department.

Does the revelation of Abedin’s pregnancy change your opinion of Congressman Weiner’s behavior?

(image via: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)

Back To Parents News Now
  1. by Angela

On June 9, 2011 at 11:52 am

No, I actually think it makes my opinion of him worse. How could he engage in this activity, especially a man of his stature and as a public representative for our country. It’s embarrassing and I wish she’s tell Mr. Weiner to take a hike!

2. by Jennifer

On June 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm

His people released this story at the right time to save his career. This is a ploy from the media to gain some sort of dignity. I feel sorry for his wife and child. He should loose his job for telling lies to the people. That is what he did is lie.

3. by SK

On June 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Doesn’t surprise me, nor should it anyone else.. He’s a politician in America, he’s sad because he got caught not because he did it. He should be forced to resign.. Who knows how long this has been going on for, but obviously he can’t be trusted… Even if he says he can be trusted who would believe him?

4. by IN

On June 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Absolutly not. I think the news about his wife being pregant actually makes this whole thing even worse. It is sad and I doubt he will recover from this, I just hope she values herself more and leave him.

5. by Catherine

On June 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Shame on parents for this story. I understand EVERYONE is talking about her alleged pregnancy. I get it. But this woman is being dragged through the mud because het dumb husband likes to talk dirty and now she may be in the riskiest part of her pregnancy, the first trimester. she may have wanted, like most women, to keep it private. Now not only is she stressed by her husband and his “friends” now she has everyone in the press talking about her uterus. Maybe I’m too sensitive, and hormonal(pregnant here) but it always bothers ne when the press talks about a woman in the public being preggers before she announced it or while in
    her first trimester. Now if she, or anyone else in the public eye, miscarries, she has to go through that pain in front of everyone. And of course, if it happens to Congressman WEINERs wife, everyone will discect it like a ninth grade frog, adding to this womans pain.
    Just my opinion

6. by Denna Lierle

On January 31, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Thanks for your ideas.Hope this will work for me in the future. It was fun reading this post ! Good article

7. by Belen Tyshawn

On February 26, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for posting about this. I found a link to your site over on Consultant-Directory.com.