Fifty Shades Tops Amazon’s Bestselling Book of 2012 List
The main reason I’m writing this post today is so I can mention the Fifty Shades Trilogy before 2012 ends. I know this is an outrageous statement–and I don’t want my blog followers to dislike me–but I think 50 Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed are silly.
But, hey, I read them all. I’ll admit that the sex scenes turned me on. My husband liked them. And most of my friends dug the E. L. James novels, and everyone I know was talking about them last summer.
Recently, Amazon announced its top-selling books of the year, and there were fifty shades of no surprises. The trilogy earned half a billion dollars in gross sales in 2012. In June, Fifty Shades of Grey was the fastest-selling paperback of all time beating out the Harry Potter series.
I could buy a lot of Hershey’s Kisses and Apple products with cash like that. You know, for my kids.
Sigh. Let’s all lament for a moment on how we could’ve been and should’ve been E. L. James. Have a book inside of you? I do. Let’s write it. There’s always 2013.
Here are the rest of Amazon’s Top Selling Books of 2012. Parents of young kids have slightly different taste than the general public, but there’s some overlap, of course, because Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 7 just plain rocks.
1. through 3. Fifty Shades of the Sillies
4. The Hunger Games (Book 1)
5. StrengthsFinder 2.0 (*I haven’t heard of this one either)
6. Fifty Shades Trilogy
7. Catching Fire (The Hunger Games Book 2)
8. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games Book 3)
9. The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 7)
10. No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission that Killed Osama Bin Laden
11. The Hunger Games Trilogy
12. Gone Girl
13. The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus Book 3)
14. The Official SAT Study Guide, 2nd Edition
15. A Song of Ice and Fire (Books 1 through 4 of Game of Thrones)
For some really good books, check out the Parents’ staff picks post from yesterday.Add a Comment
Tags: Amazon's Bestsellers, Catching Fire, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, E. L. James, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed, Fifty Shades of Grey, Game of Thrones, Gone Girl, Hunger Games, Mockingjay, No Easy Day, SAT Study Guide, The Mark of Athena | Categories: Best Of Lists, Best Sellers, Fiction, Memoirs, Mom Must Read, Popular Books