Let’s Chat on Facebook Today, OK?
Yesterday afternoon, contractions started. I ignored them at first, then they became strong enough that I decided to time them. They seemed a consistent 9 minutes apart, so naturally, I decided to go back to ignoring them.
I went to the salon with Clint and Roy, where they were both in for a trim. (Baby’s Second Haircut! Woot-woot!) I was relatively useless because the contractions were getting stronger. And closer together—like 6 minutes apart. I called my doula. I texted my stepmom, Roy’s official babytime caregiver, as a “just in case” heads up (she lives about 1.5 hours away). When the haircuts finished, we rushed home to start packing and getting things in order.
Then the contractions stopped. Thank god. As I mentioned on Tuesday, I’m not quite ready. Close. But not quite. My due date is January 29th, so I am not completely crazy in hoping for a little more time.
I am, however, ready chat with you on American Baby’s Facebook page today! Let’s do this! My fellow pregnant Parents.com blogger Jill Cordes, who is also due on January 29th (but having a scheduled C-section in the 25th), goes on at 1:30 EST. I’ll take over at 2:30 EST. Be there or be square. I’ll answer most anything, but here are a some pet topics of mine. Just to get you thinking:
- Natural childbirth (successful, or not; intentional or not)
- Cloth diapering
- Baby naming
- Placenta: To save or not to save?
- Going from one to two kids
- Two siblings, two genders, one room
- Pets turning crazy during pregnancy (Upcoming post on that one. Grrr.)
- Braxton-Hicks. Stupid Braxton-Hicks.
- Staying fit during/after pregnancy/kids: yoga, running, etc.
- The ups and downs of the newborn stage.
- Geriatric pregnancy
- Pregnancy cravings (Mmmmm. Doughnuts.)
- Martinis (Mmmmm. Martinis.)
I could go on. Really, ask me anything. I’m ready. For this, at least.Add a Comment