Free Christmas Number Cards and Math Games
There are lots and lots of different cards games you can play during math time. I made a set of six little cards (0-15) for my daughters this December. They look like this:
Ages 2-4: If you have a toddler or preschooler you can print out two sets of numbers, cut out one set and have your kids match the numbers on the other (uncut) sheet. You can also use these numbers to go around a game board (Here’s a game board I made for the kids that you can download for free). You can pull out festive erasers, flip over a card and have you kids count that same amount. As long as you’re having fun, you child will have fun too!
Math War (Ages 5-10): There are also a number of games you can play with cards like these with older kids. Place all the cards face down in two stacks (one pile for each player). Each player turns a card over. You can play math war…
either by adding two numbers and seeing who has the larger number:
or by multiplying two numbers and seeing who wins the battle with the larger number:
If you have a preschooler, you can also play math war. Simply lay out one card per player and have the child determine which number is greater.
Ages 4-8: You and the kids can play a place value game — to see which player comes up with the largest number (there are two cards in the packet):
Another game for kids learning to add is Make 10 (or 7 or 18…)
Age 2-4: If you have a toddler or a preschooler you can also print out two sets of number cards, cut them up, lay them all out spread out face down on the floor and play memory finding two 3s or two 8s.
Math Spinner Game: The final game is similar to Math War above. Have each player add (or multiply) two numbers [for a younger child just choose one number]. Spin the spinner and see who won!
You can download this free set of Christmas math cards and the games above by clicking on the link or the picture below:
Free Christmas Number Cards and Math Games (13 pages total)
If you found this helpful, I would love to hear from you over at my Homeschool Den Facebook Page. Hearing from readers is what makes sharing worthwhile!
You might also be interested in these posts:
- Christmas Math Games (Christmas Cross Off and the Great Grid Game) — to be used with the Christmas Number Cards above.
- Christmas Division Pages (Pete the Cat)
- Christmas Addition Pages with Pete the Cat and Christmas Pup
- Christmas Multiplication Pages with Pete the Cat and Christmas Pup (2s through 5s)
- Not Christmas-related but we did a whole unit on Pete the Cat and you’ll find more of those posts here.
- You will find dozens of other math card games to play with your kids at The Positive Engagement Project (Acing Math-One Deck at a Time)
- Preschool at Home: Math Ideas for the 2 1/2 to 3 Year old Crowd
Tags: Christmas math, Christmas number cards, Christmas numbers, Free Christmas Math Games, Free Christmas number cards, Holiday math games | Categories: Christmas Activities, Math, Math--Addition, Math--Multiplication, Must Read